LPL is an Australian and New Zealand based esports media company.
LPL is engaged in the business of developing and promoting esports tournaments and broadcast content. Founded in Feb 2016 we have lead the way to build an eco-system that will underpin the continued growth of esports and Let’s Play Live lead position in the market.
LPL is made up of three core competencies:
- Promoting and producing high profile broadcast events
- Content and broadcast production
- League management
Since launching LPL has lead the esports industry in Australasia:
- First group to promote a televised esports event in New Zealand
- Launched the largest High School League in Australasia
- First to promote a long format televised esports series in Australasia
- Produced more televised esports than any other provider in Australasia
- Founding member of the New Zealand Esports Federation
- Created and manage the E Blacks for the New Zealand Esports Federation
- First group to align with traditional sports teams in Australasia
- First NZ esports member of the IGEA
- Ran the world’s first 5G tournament
LPL delivers high visibility world-class tournaments for brands and publishers.
Publishers we have worked with include Activision, Bandai
Namco Entertainment Inc, Riot, Sony and 2K.
LPL’s purpose-built esports broadcasting studio is based on Level 2 of the Auckland SKY Tower. The SKY Tower is hard to miss, it’s the most iconic building in New Zealand and a key tourism destination.
Our all-ages studio can deliver 4K and HD broadcasts and allows LPL to film live esports events held at SKYCITY Theatre (700pax) and the New Zealand International Convention Centre Theatre (3000pax), once opened. Dedicated soundproofed PC, console and commentator booths host ANZ esports competitions and play host to streamers and influencers.
The studio links to most major venues in Australia and New Zealand allowing LPL to coordinate and broadcast events throughout the region and the Asia Pacific.
“I have been extremely impressed with the performance of LPL. They consistently deliver world-leading esports televised and online tournaments. They are responsive to our needs, technical requirements and bring an innovative approach to everything they do. They work effectively and efficiently towards mutually beneficial goals, and provide fantastic results. I would not hesitate to recommend them as a partner.
Krister Robinson, Head of Marketing NZ, Sony Interactive Entertainment NZ Ltd