CG interviews MoonGlade

CG interviews MoonGlade

CG interviews MoonGlade

Thread started by mf- on Monday, 7:05pm April 26th with 8 replies. Views: 3,198

mf-

2,458 posts

7:05pm Apr 26th 10 and edited 6:21pm May 4th 10

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4498/ss103hires.jpg

For any of those interested in some home grown aussie talent, i had the chance to catch up with Andy 'Moonglade' and throw a few questions his way. For any of those who dont know who Moonglade is, he is considered by many to be Australia's best SC2 player.

So to start off with some easy questions, where were you born?
Brisbane, Australia

When did you first receive your invite to the SC2 beta?
Started playing at about the 3rd week of beta release.

Favorite Map?
I'd say Kulas Ravine, a nicely balanced map.

Future SC2 Goals?
Have fun and play competitively in SC2.

What are your top achievements?
4 Time winner of World Cyber Games Australia in War3 TFT

Any reason you prefer SC2 over WC3?
Basically because the competition in war3 dried out in Australia after 2008.

Everyone has noticed your just absolutely awesome and solid zerg play, so why zerg?
Race i used to play in SC1, and feel most comfortable with, and simply love.

How much do you practice? Who are your practice partners?
I try to practice at least a couple of hours a day, i like to practice with Filthy, Paz, Mez, Hectic and Painuser.

What is your play style? Are you innovative or do you follow the latest trends.. ie. Are you still experimenting with 2 hatch in main?
I try to make my own style when possible and avoid complete cookie cutter strats when i can. Lately i've been attempting to use 2 hatch in main with some success but a bit skeptical about it.

Whats your thoughts on your first matchup against Liquid`Nony in the HDH Invitation?
I think it will be very tough, especially if he's been practising a lot, as a very talented player in SC1 he sure is a threat.

Were you surprised to be invited to the HDH invitation tournament?
Very much so, but im also very happy i have a chance to play in such an awesome tournament.

Are you aware of the emerging Australian SC2 Community?
I've spoke to quite a few aussies on Bnet and i have a feeling the Aus community is going to be great.

Do you think Battlenet 2.0 works well in a competitive sense? Are you often paired up against other top players?
So far the match up system has been rather good, matching players similar skill to mine for sure, really REALLY wish there were channels for chat though.

Who do you think is the best Protoss/Zerg/Terran player at the moment?
Nazgul for Toss, Dimaga for Zerg and Jinro for Terran, but i have no idea about how good Korean or Chinese players are so its just from what i see in replays.

What play styles do you hate to play against?
Boring macro styles that offer nothing interesting until mid to late game.

What video game character do you secretly have a crush on?
Baneling

Any shoutouts to your lovely team or sponsors
Just a quick shoutout to Team Immunity and our sponsors Intel + Steel Series

Guni

694 posts

7:44pm Apr 26th 10

Good Read, Love you Moonglade <3

dippa

628 posts

8:10pm Apr 26th 10

interesting that glade went with jinro rather than demuslim, but that's prob affected by the fact that glade plays on the US server and demuslim's in euro

Redding

4,861 posts

10:08pm Apr 26th 10

Good read, cant wait to get smashed by him in the first round of Trans lol..

Kitfox

1,140 posts

11:31pm Apr 26th 10

Beat him so then i can play you

frequency

128 posts

4:25am Apr 27th 10

interesting that glade went with jinro rather than demuslim, but that's prob affected by the fact that glade plays on the US server and demuslim's in euro

Quote from dippa on the 26th of April 2010

Jinro is Euro too...

Anyway, glade faiting

WidowMaker

1,007 posts

2:25pm Apr 27th 10

white ra is clearly the best due to his soviet economy theory durrrrrrr

dippa

628 posts

3:09pm Apr 27th 10

yeh but demuslim has also been getting a stack of podium finishes in the tournaments lately

point is being on the US/EU server that glade wouldn't necessarily get a chance to play them all that often, unless someone lends him an EU account or something

nazgul is a fucking beast atm tho ><"

TAdeL

830 posts

6:15pm Apr 28th 10

Quote from dippa on the 26th of April 2010
I rate LucifroN over DeMu, and he picked European players for the other two races so that argument doesn't really make sense.