BRISBANE! - > Elysium for sc2...

BRISBANE! - > Elysium for sc2 Ladder?

BRISBANE! - > Elysium for sc2 Ladder?

Thread started by Zior on Sunday, 11:50pm June 27th with 46 replies. Views: 4,600

Zior

998 posts

11:50pm Jun 27th 10

If you live in the Brisbane area and want to have a LAN center that you can participate in the CG-Live Ladder along with other Cafe's and Gaming Centers around Australia then Elysium Internet Cafe have expressed interest. Before they are prepared to commit to the event and add to the prize pot, they want to see numbers who would participate.

At the counter in Elysium Internet Cafe there is form for showing interest. All you have to do is stop by, ask them where it is and add your details. There is also a field for CG profile number, you get this number from the address bar when you log into your account. (Mine is 16081 - http://www.cybergamer.com.au/profile/16081/). I am not sure of how much interest they want on the sheet before they will jump on the wagon, so please 'don't leave it up to everyone else'. Make a point of going in there and adding your name, that will then be indisputable. If you don't go in and sign it, chances are Brisbane will miss out on the event. Please remember too, that its not just an overall 1st and 2nd place prize, there will be quite a few prizes kept locally for each center and you have to be in it to win it!

You can find Elysium Internet Cafe on the First Floor (279 - 281) of Brunswick Street Mall in Fortitude Valley. Rally your friends for this event if you want it, it will be worth while!

B-ray

3,527 posts

11:56pm Jun 27th 10

is there a cut off date? wont be able to get to the valley for a week or two at this stage

Zior

998 posts

12:01am Jun 28th 10

Competition is scheduled to start on 9th of August. We want it all tied up a few weeks earlier if possible. If you drop by in 2 weeks that should be fine.

Zior

998 posts

12:26am Jun 28th 10

P.S - The form should be available on the counter tomorrow afternoon onwards (Monday 28th June)

Muggie

2,357 posts

12:43am Jun 28th 10

I will show up put my name down and play (even though ill fail hard) just to see this competition run at elysium + <3 for zior.

Doxv2

476 posts

11:03am Jun 29th 10

Hmmm, never heard of this place before. Would have figured The Bunker would be the obvious choice. I'll stop by sometime.

Zior

998 posts

11:40am Jun 29th 10

My understanding is the Bunker owns Elysium and has the most up to date PC's, don't quote me tho.

Klas

152 posts

12:58pm Jun 29th 10

My understanding is the Bunker owns Elysium and has the most up to date PC's, don't quote me tho.

Quote from Zior on the 29th of June 2010
I'll quote you because you're correct

Sinnzor

52 posts

2:47pm Jul 2nd 10

I'm heading in this weekend to put my name down. Thanks Zior!

Sinnzor

52 posts

4:22pm Jul 6th 10

Hey guys, just put my name down at Elysium. It looks like only 6 people have done this so far. So tell your friends to get their asses down there, cos I don't want Brisbane to miss out on the birth of e-sports in Australia!

Zior

998 posts

5:15pm Jul 6th 10

Yep, unfortunately at this stage it looks like Brisbane will be missing out I had hoped to see a lot more people head in and express some interest.

Hopefully they are just waiting for the last minute.

Unstable87

114 posts

6:55pm Jul 6th 10

Did they even mention how many would be needed so they would enter?

mOOnGLaDe

80 posts

7:36pm Jul 6th 10

O_O i will go in and put my name down

Zior

998 posts

7:56pm Jul 6th 10

What people need to realise is that its the cafe's themselves putting up the prize money out of their own pocket, not sponsors. What makes it worthwhile for 1 cafe isn't necessarily what makes it worthwhile for another cafe. The incentive for the Cafe's to run this event is to generate customers thus expanding e-sports in Australia. CyberGamer's incentive is to provide access to another great competition for local players thus expanding e-sports in Australia. Neither the Cafe's nor CyberGamer can make this happen, it is up to you guys. If you want Elysium involved, you have to make it happen, we have done as much as we can.

Doxv2

476 posts

1:12pm Jul 9th 10

I'll drop by this weekend and do it, sounds great. Definitely don't want Brisbane missing out.