5:24pm Jul 19th 10 and edited 11:09pm Jul 19th 10
YES, the title says it all! $6500 up for grabs in gaming centers across Australia. The game? StarCraft II, due to be release on the 27th of this month. CyberGamer is proud to present to you the StarCraft II CG-Live Ladder. You will now be able to participate in this event from Dandenong and from Sydney, right in the CBD actually; on George Street. We are excited to announce the two newest Gaming Centers to join this event, none other than Beyond Internet & Gaming and Lab G-14
If you live in any of the following places, you have access to this awesome Live Ladder with lots of great prizes up for grabs!
This is a ten(10) week long Ladder starting on Monday August 9th, played exclusively from participating gaming centers. Matches will be in a Best-of-3 format from a pre-selected map pool The end of the ten weeks will see the top section of players advance into double elimination finals played where the winner will walk away with a whopping $1600
+, second place will take a tidy $700
+, third will take $350
+ and the runner up will get a bonus $100
. But that's not the end of it, no sir. If you were ranked the highest on the ladder at the end of the event when compared to the other local players from your particular gaming center, then you also win! And its not just the highest ranked either - check this out:
Ballarat, Canberra, Dandenong, Geelong,
- 1st ranked in each location $150
- 2nd ranked in each location $100
- 3rd ranked in each location $100
- 4th ranked in each location $100
- 5th ranked in each location $50
- 1st ranked in Sydney $150
- 2nd ranked in Sydney $100
- 3rd ranked in Sydney $100
- 4th ranked in Sydney $100
- 5th - 10th ranked in Sydney $50
- 1st ranked $150
- 2nd ranked $100
- 3rd ranked $100
- 4th ranked $100
- 5th ranked $50
- All games are to be played from a participating Games Center. IP's will be tagged and checked.
- A minimum of 10 games must be played to qualify for prizes, an average of 1 per week.
- The finals will be played from your local Games Center, if you cant make the set date and time you forfeit the chance at the grand prize.
- A one off entry fee will be charged by each Center to join the event. The price is set individually by the centers and should be around $15-$30. You will be removed from the ladder if your fee is not paid up.
- Results will be announced both in the forums here and on CyberGamer StarCraft II Front page at the conclusion of the finals.
- Prizes will be distributed with a cheque via your local gaming Center.
- This is a joint effort event with the participating Gaming Centers and CyberGamer. CyberGamer is hosting the event and is responsible for the competition integrity and format throughout the season. The Gaming Centers are responsible for local conditions, prizes and entry fee's.
- As a participant you are responsible for your behavior both in the Gaming Center and your dealings here at CyberGamer. The rules of the Gaming Center and the CyberGamer StarCraft II rule-set are to be adhered to. Failure will result in penalties which may include removal from the event and being barred from that venue and future CyberGamer events.
- Read the Original Discussion thread
- View the CyberGamer StarCraft II Ruleset
This competition would not be possible without the effort and contribution of the Gaming Centers themselves. If your local area does not have a participating center but would like to get involved in this event then grab some mates and hit them up. If they are interested they can contact Mark from Guf with a private message