Sydney & Dandenong join the St...

Sydney & Dandenong join the StarCraft II CG-Live ladder - $6500

Sydney & Dandenong join the StarCraft II CG-Live ladder - $6500 - Page: 2

Thread started by Zior on Monday, 5:24pm July 19th with 47 replies. Views: 10,569

ftrunkz

391 posts

10:37am Jul 20th 10

dandenong is miiiiine

LuckySword

5 posts

10:52am Jul 20th 10

I will probably compete at dandenong

Kitfox

1,140 posts

10:53am Jul 20th 10

I will be competing at dandenong. That means i get to look over pinders shoulder to steal his chetz i mean strats.

I'm heading down to chat with Tsangu today so it should be awesome, I havent been to the new dandenong one only the old springvale one near the station.

Narkdawg

4,338 posts

11:05am Jul 20th 10

if your gonna compete against me in dandenong, you gotta watch the cannon rush.

tsangu

14 posts

11:27am Jul 20th 10

by the sounds of it dandenong is going to have some heated competition already. if theres enough interest we might be holding monthly or every few months a tourney for sc2 or any games with competitive players. so bring your A game and show what melbourne has to offer to the eSports scene!

Sephyre

109 posts

12:46pm Jul 20th 10

I can't wait to see wall to wall sc2 at Beyond :p

Putto

3,146 posts

2:46pm Jul 20th 10

if your gonna compete against me in dandenong, you gotta watch the cannon rush.

Quote from Narkdawg on the 20th of July 2010

Will you protect me if I come to Dandenong? I don't want to be beaten up!

Redding

4,861 posts

4:20pm Jul 20th 10

dont worry mate narky has yo back

Kitfox

1,140 posts

6:04pm Jul 20th 10

Narkie you are from frankston, you can hardly bag out another suburb.

I went down today. It looks like a good venue, the PCs are sweet and you are allowed to bring your own peripherals

Narkdawg

4,338 posts

6:07pm Jul 20th 10

i am from the richest heights of southern frankston thank you very much kitfox.

Doxv2

476 posts

6:18pm Jul 20th 10

[IMG]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8868/dandenong.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lmfao - brilliant.

ftrunkz

391 posts

12:02am Jul 21st 10

[IMG]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8868/dandenong.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Zior

998 posts

2:21am Jul 21st 10

lol. Someone asked me to come to Brisbane Lan the other day, I asked them how. He said jump on the train, I live about 14hrs from the closest Train station, then its 36hrs to Brisbane. To think what I am missing out on...

The responses we are receiving in support of these addition venues is awesome, its great to see not only additional Game Centers getting behind this event but also the community. I can see this being crazy big, this community is but a small fraction now of what we will be after release. Just about everyone I know who wants to get the game never had beta access. I don't know if that's just how the cards fell or if everyone noticed a similar thing, but it standard to reason the community will grow in a big way.

I was bumping into a lot of Aussies in beta that didn't know there was a community in Aus yet, and there will be many who will join up to this ladder as walks-ins. In my view, any city in Australia that doesn't have a venue running this event is missing a massive opportunity and I reckon they will be fighting to get into a 2nd season if/when we have one.

Doxv2

476 posts

10:01am Jul 21st 10

We seriously need to get Brisbane on board - historically I've noticed we've always had the largest RTS playerbase, and from glancing at events like the TranTasman I'm seeing a high ratio of QLD participants.