Sydney & Dandenong join the St...

Sydney & Dandenong join the StarCraft II CG-Live ladder - $6500

Sydney & Dandenong join the StarCraft II CG-Live ladder - $6500 - Page: 3

Thread started by Zior on Monday, 5:24pm July 19th with 47 replies. Views: 10,609

Kitfox

1,140 posts

2:55pm Jul 21st 10

We seriously need to get Brisbane on board - historically I've noticed we've always had the largest RTS playerbase, and from glancing at events like the TranTasman I'm seeing a high ratio of QLD participants.

Quote from Dox on the 21st of July 2010

Well, its the job of the brisbane players to get them on board, so they are kicking their own teeth in by being lazy :p

Zior

998 posts

3:31pm Jul 21st 10

Going to have a talk again with some Brisbane Centers, would still encourage people to go to Elysium and put their name down as interested.

Unstable87

114 posts

6:04pm Jul 21st 10

Well, its the job of the brisbane players to get them on board, so they are kicking their own teeth in by being lazy :p

Quote from Kitfox on the 21st of July 2010

I would say its more the fact that you cant drive and park anywhere near elysium to go sign up quickly. i guarantee u if they had an online signup they would get alot more. you really haveto bus it into the valley and out and tbh doing that for 5 minutes isnt really worth it. to play sc2 it is though

Zior

998 posts

6:38pm Jul 21st 10

So other than the bunker and Elysium, are there any other suitable places in Brisbane we could approach?

B-ray

3,527 posts

6:51pm Jul 21st 10

train it, it is a <5 minute walk from the valley station to Elysium

jbhewitt

17 posts

3:07pm Jul 22nd 10

Hey someone posted on the LanSmash forum asking for assistance for Brisbane. http://www.lansmash.com/forum/starcraft-2-lan-centre-competition-hosted-cybergamercomau#new

We're keen to help organise this in Brisbane.

Just need to know who to talk to, and when we're looking at running.

Zior

998 posts

4:08pm Jul 22nd 10

Hi jbhewitt, pls check pm

Laozer

23 posts

4:09pm Jul 23rd 10

nice will be checking out the beyond internet & gaming cafe =D

dethrawr

10 posts

5:59pm Jul 23rd 10

this is going to be an easy $300 clean up for me before national stage

Gretchen

7 posts

6:38pm Jul 23rd 10

ill be at beyond on weekends ( prob sat ) dam work durning the week

Jedax

2 posts

8:37pm Jul 24th 10

ex WC3 melbourne player here. I was in the SC2 beta, was #1 platinum phase1 and #1 diamond phase2.

Plan of playing SC2 hard, if any high level terran or zerg want to train PM me : )

Shadowzeal

9 posts

6:27pm Jul 25th 10

Should have a place in melbourne cbd that we can go into to compete, there is a lot of LAN places there like cydus, n2c, zone adrenalin, VA, ect, one of them should be up for it

Zior

998 posts

6:50pm Jul 25th 10

We are still talking with a venues about this event, but do not wish to name any until they have confirmed participation. There is still about 2 weeks for anyone who wishes to approach their local center and express interest in the competition. Have them contact us and we will do the rest.

Thought War

30 posts

9:24pm Jul 26th 10

Hey guys... Massive noob here to PC networking. Use to play COD 1 and 2 back in the day and Dark Reign two as Gene stealer or xxx death xxx. Are the big PC tornments mainly lan based only? Where is the Sydney location? For SC2, is Cybergamer the biggest Aussie based competition or will it be through Battle net? Any help would be great! Ta!

Redding

4,861 posts

10:08pm Jul 26th 10

Are the big PC tornments mainly lan based only?

Quote from Thought War on the 26th of July 2010
The majority of tournaments are online, but there is also a large number of LAN cafes around the CBD that will have small Starcraft II competitions, the largest LAN one would be the CG-LIVE Ladder atm.

Where is the Sydney location?

Sydney is located in NSW, it is the capital city for NSW, Just search it in google maps and it should direct you in the right direction.

Cybergamer the biggest Aussie based competition or will it be through Battle net?

So far Cybergamer is the biggest Aussie based community so to say, CG regularly holds ladders, Tournaments and one-day competitions (organized by Del). All competitions are through battle.net. Battle.net simply is the intermediate when hosting competitions. It supplies the servers and interface to organize games, there is also a Ladder built into battle.net where you can refine your skills and play against people all over South East Asia.