Thread started by Diragz on Saturday, 2:21pm November 19th with 10 replies. Views: 932
2:21pm Nov 19th 11
The system i built was future proof, i spent a lot on the CPU so it would be the last thing to worry about down the track and the last thing to bottle neck, at least 2 more years before it becomes average again
- i7 950 (has 4ghz + potential as i have a huge fucking cooler on it and silverarrow thermal paste)
- 6GB 1600mhz ram with 7 latancy
- 460 GTX Gigabyte.. perfect for the latest games and simply chuck a new card in down the track. I use to have it in SLI but sold one of the card
- GA x5a ud3r or something, great for overclock for extra performance
- 850W Seasonic PSU (modular) with plenty of spare cables, top the of the line GOLD efficiency
- 1GB HDD samsuing spinpoint F3 (chuck a SSD in down the track for better perfomance)
- Razer Lycosa Kb (older generation so very reliable)
- Razer Barrucuda Headset 5.1
- Razer Xact Mat
- G5 Mouse
Its probably worth around 7-800 on the market, cpu is on par with 2600K
Karma and i went over this sytem like crazy so all the parts work very well together. I paid around 1600 about 8 months ago.
thoughts? talk to karma if u have any questions on my system, he can vouch for it.
5:53pm Nov 19th 11
i dont play computer anymore, moved to xbox looking for a more laid back gaming experience.
this was when i had SLI, now there is a few less wires because theres only card. this was the best cable management i could do for the case which was a coolermaster centurion II
6:50pm Nov 19th 11
I highley suggest you walk away from the thread now before kyrii destroys you.
it is on par with the 2600k for two reasons
1. 2600k mobos only support dual channel where is x58a ud3r mobo is triple channel
2. at the 4ghz mark regarding FPS research that ive done they're nearly identical.