Thread started by LegacyAdmin on Monday, 1:30am April 9th with 201 replies. Views: 125,472
1:30am Apr 9th 12
Today, CyberGamer turns 5! It's been a huge year for the CG.
Here is a PDF of our stats for the month of March. For a comparison, last years stats can be viewed here. Notably the website is viewed by roughly 185,000 different people each month.
CyberGamer Europe was launched July 25th 2011, and has picked up 13,500 members. Their 2nd COD4 season finished with over 12,000 matches completed and over 800 teams on the Ladder.
CSS Nationals ran January 28th-29th. In February we partnered with AMD and moved the website to two new servers.
Other notable events in the last year:
- Total members network-wide has risen from 120,000 registered members to 173,000.
- CG AU XBOX hit 50,000 members and CG AU PS3 hit 15,000 members
- 55,000 matches were played.
- Paid out over $60,000 in prize money.
- Website was viewed by 1.9 million unique visitors in the last 365 days according to Google Analytics.
- Improvements to the ladder and permissions systems.
Development changelog for the site can be viewed here.
We'd like to thank all of the admins, moderators, referees, content writers, shoutcasters and others who put in their time to make CG what it is, without you the site would be nothing :). We'd also like to thank all of the CG Premium users who help support the website.
Additionally, if any admin group out there is interested in restarting the CG USA website, send me a PM. You will need to have multiple experienced admins on board.
Finally, we've been working on the 5th version of the website for the past 9 months, which has already exceeded the development time of each of the previous releases of the site, including the initial release. It'll be ready sometime in the next few months! Until then, enjoy this background: