Confogl: L4D2 Competitive Conf...

Confogl: L4D2 Competitive Config Beta

Confogl: L4D2 Competitive Config Beta - Page: 2

Thread started by philol on Saturday, 1:45pm December 5th with 64 replies. Views: 27,728

Xincolin

580 posts

10:57am Dec 6th 09 and edited 11:22am Dec 6th 09

Hey guys,

Nice work on the CFG. We tried it a bit on our server, seems to work good, except for the fact that we saw 3 (!!!) defibs on Dead Center 1. And still many many pipebombs/molotovs in The Parish 2. This defib things seems to hang over our heads like some kind of a curse to be honest.

UPDATE: We also found incendiary ammo on two separate maps in The Parish.

Quote from OhYeah on the 6th of December 2009

Hey mate, Are you sure you were using the right config :P? We have done about 6 or 7 runs of Dead Center / The Parish each and have yet to find a defib or ammo packs. Also we have done 2 or 3 runs on Dark Carnival / Hard Rain and the same there.. no defibs,ammo packs.

The grenade count seems to be lower but possible not low enough tho D:. We will do a few more tests today.. possible it has something to do with the uploaded config?.

EDIT:

Hey guys just a quick message i understand quite a lot of people here may not have a L4D2 server yet or if they do don't really wanna test a config haha :P. Our server has it on all the time so if you wanna scrim on it to help test it out for feedback or just to see what it's like then feel free to do this in console (mm_dedicated_force_servers 118.127.19.27:27016) and then start up a lobby. Won't work if a game is in progress however :<.

Probably want to ask me or philogl before doing so as we often will either be using the server for a scrim or doing some tests etc so unless you want your game destroyed after 2 rounds then please just check in quick

Jas.Elite

477 posts

11:34am Dec 6th 09

you can test it on any server, just set cl_updaterate to 60 and it works. with a higher updaterate you can set your interp lower, cause cl_interp_ratio/cl_updaterate = minimal cl_interp

Quote from naik on the 6th of December 2009
But it doesn't do anything. You'll still recieve 30 packets a second from the server.

Xincolin

580 posts

1:48pm Dec 6th 09

Just did another run of Dead center and there was no medkits , ammo packs or defib

Kabuto

113 posts

5:56pm Dec 6th 09

looking forward to seeing it in use.

Bruce Campbell

598 posts

6:54pm Dec 6th 09

The biggest problem with this is its L4D2.

patteh

281 posts

7:36pm Dec 6th 09

biggest problem is maps. Port the l4d1 maps in and it could actually be fun.

OhYeah

5 posts

11:47pm Dec 6th 09

Hey guys,

Nice work on the CFG. We tried it a bit on our server, seems to work good, except for the fact that we saw 3 (!!!) defibs on Dead Center 1. And still many many pipebombs/molotovs in The Parish 2. This defib things seems to hang over our heads like some kind of a curse to be honest.

Quote from Xincolin on the 6th of December 2009

Hey mate, Are you sure you were using the right config :P? We have done about 6 or 7 runs of Dead Center / The Parish each and have yet to find a defib or ammo packs. Also we have done 2 or 3 runs on Dark Carnival / Hard Rain and the same there.. no defibs,ammo packs.

The grenade count seems to be lower but possible not low enough tho D:. We will do a few more tests today.. possible it has something to do with the uploaded config?.

How can we be using the wrong config? We just downloaded and extracted the RAR, copied the files and that's it. Is there something else we need to do?

Xincolin

580 posts

11:51pm Dec 6th 09

Did you download the one linked here or surgicals thread on another site?

Either way i will let philogl know - perhaps he can reupload it just incase

philol

184 posts

12:47am Dec 7th 09

Hey guys,

Quote from Xincolin on the 6th of December 2009

How can we be using the wrong config? We just downloaded and extracted the RAR, copied the files and that's it. Is there something else we need to do?

Sorry sorry, forgot to edit the download link, config has been updated a few times since :3 My bad. Fixed in OP. Here it is in case you are lazy :P

Click this Link

OhYeah

5 posts

2:27am Dec 7th 09

Thanks, will try it tonight.

philol

184 posts

2:39am Dec 7th 09

Quote from OhYeah on the 7th of December 2009

@OhYeah: Any chance you could promote and link the config on whatever international forum you use mostly? Looking to spread it around and have it tested by as many communities as possible to get some good feedback.

OhYeah

5 posts

3:48am Dec 7th 09

Quote from philol on the 7th of December 2009

@OhYeah: Any chance you could promote and link the config on whatever international forum you use mostly? Looking to spread it around and have it tested by as many communities as possible to get some good feedback.

Quote from OhYeah on the 7th of December 2009

www.esl.eu/eu/forum/2049/16972/716489/

I sent the msg to a lot of clan leaders I know who are also active in the EU scene. It will take some time though, but let's use everything at our disposal to get more people involved.

chrisis

505 posts

1:35pm Dec 7th 09

philogl: hai guys I am doing great work making this new game l4d2 playable competitively

community: cool I'mma try dis

Bruce Campbell and Patteh: guys, guys cmon left4dead guys?

Tried this config out with the ogl boys the other night and had good fun. Still far too many pills though. Pity about the stupid no tank spawns on some maps.

Xincolin

580 posts

1:45pm Dec 7th 09

Ye we agree with the pill spawns and we were discussing reducing the density more.

However a there is quite a few "Scripted" spawns of pills (which would be medkits without the config) which when removed eventually after someone is able to write a mod or w/e to do it would leave you with probably 75% of the current pills rate.. which would be ok i rekon D: