Confogl: L4D2 Competitive Conf...

Confogl: L4D2 Competitive Config Beta

Confogl: L4D2 Competitive Config Beta - Page: 3

Thread started by philol on Saturday, 1:45pm December 5th with 64 replies. Views: 27,724

Moseses

19 posts

2:04pm Dec 7th 09

L4D2 is too racist, keeping the whiteys down. There is only room for one token black guy.

L4D for President.

Homemaster

1,917 posts

2:05pm Dec 7th 09

biggest problem is maps. Port the l4d1 maps in and it could actually be fun.

Quote from patteh on the 6th of December 2009

Go play L4D then? Easiest config ever.

Xincolin

580 posts

2:13pm Dec 7th 09 and edited 2:31pm Dec 7th 09

biggest problem is maps. Port the l4d1 maps in and it could actually be fun.

Quote from patteh on the 6th of December 2009

You can port l4d1 maps to l4d2 but it requires renaming a lot of files.. as for actual maps i guess we need for some cluey mapper or valvE to do it. Just on that tho - l4d1 maps would be impossible to finish :P.. but that is a subject for another time and topic haha.

OP updated to include latest changes to config

Hauksbok

989 posts

2:38pm Dec 7th 09

Chrisis: I like penis
Hauks: I know, you're a filthy little cocksucker

This config sounds slightly promising :D

I'll be happy to give it a go

Aussiev2

142 posts

2:56pm Dec 7th 09

Hauks: I like penis
Chrisis: I know, you're a filthy little cocksucker

Quote from Hauksbok on the 7th of December 2009
fixed

Hauksbok

989 posts

3:04pm Dec 7th 09

Chrisis: I like penis
Aussie: I like your penis Hauks
Hauks: I know, you're both filthy little cocksuckers

Quote from Aussie on the 7th of December 2009
fixed

Quote from Hauksbok on the 7th of December 2009

Fixed

xXgam3rg1rl69Xx

294 posts

3:49pm Dec 7th 09

NOBODY LIKES MILHOUSE!

Xincolin

580 posts

3:55pm Dec 7th 09

That isnt feedback on the config :<

kyov2

79 posts

6:12pm Dec 7th 09

lol, Philugl.

Bruce Campbell

598 posts

6:27pm Dec 7th 09

philogl: hai guys I am doing great work making this new game l4d2 playable competitively

community: cool I'mma try dis

Bruce Campbell and Patteh: guys, guys cmon left4dead guys?

Tried this config out with the ogl boys the other night and had good fun. Still far too many pills though. Pity about the stupid no tank spawns on some maps.

Quote from chrisis on the 7th of December 2009

You are completely right, that is exactly what I'm saying.

I'm not dissing the idea, its good. I'm glad someones taken the initiative to make a config to make l4d2 more competitive.

I'm just saying that as far as I see it, L4D1 Versus > L4D2 Versus in terms of required skill, balance and overall competitive viability and there doesn't seem to be much that'll change that.
I feel L4D2's versus just doesn't feel anywhere near as tight and balanced as L4D1's and doesn't require as much skill due to the map layouts. They've taken emphasis of a lot of the things that required skill in L4D1, and they have also made the game feel far more like a diceroll due to the increased number of special infected and the combos people recieve at certain times as a result.
Maybe that could be fixed by increasing the rates at which a team gets boomer to make sure that there is a boomer a more substantial amount of the time, but this is all irrelevant.

At the end of the day I think L4D1 is more viable in every sense then L4D2 will ever be, but L4D2 scrim would sure be fun to play in, just not in the same way L4D1 is.

TL:DR

L4D2 Versus is more aimed towards pub play then L4D1 versus ever was, and thats saying something.

Xincolin

580 posts

6:55pm Dec 7th 09

stay on tawpic please - don't want this thread closed

Bruce Campbell

598 posts

7:01pm Dec 7th 09

Close the thread Zombie, Xincolin wants you too.

Mastax

281 posts

9:49am Dec 8th 09

If they fix the tank spawns and we can have tank every round and with this new config I think l4d2 versus may turn out to be a great ladder game.

The dice roll issue is not entirely right, you can time your attacks and actually make sure you get a spiiter/boomer every time.

L4D1 does not = L4D2 both have the same basic concept but both play out differently. If you ever get a chance to play against some of the ogl guys and your on a good team it gets very intense and very fun.

I think I've done one quad cap on a pub team last week it was epic :)

P.S I actually like the little bit of randomness with L4D2 versus, I say leave in at least 1 defib kit per level.

Xincolin

580 posts

1:30pm Dec 8th 09

//v1.3 by philogl
-Updated Crow's Item Remover and cvars
-Now completely removes the Chainsaw and Grenade Launcher
-Removed L4D1 Frus plugin and cvars (no longer needed)
-Removed broken and uneeded cvars from config
-Removed 'non-competitive' plugins
-Added credits.txt

Mastax

281 posts

8:56pm Dec 8th 09

Sweet. Any way of getting tanks on every level or would we need to wait for the SDK and use edited maps ?