Did you like Graphics (the sub...

Did you like Graphics (the subject) at school?

Did you like Graphics (the subject) at school?

Thread started by ChillzDZN on Monday, 6:09pm July 9th with 13 replies. Views: 2,051

ChillzDZN

424 posts

6:09pm Jul 9th 12

For me personally, i love it! It gives me something different to muck around it, at my school we do a great topics (Production Graphics, Architecture, Business Graphics)

So what im asking, do you like the subject? or is simply boring and pointless?

MasFx

4,672 posts

6:18pm Jul 9th 12

Haven't been there yet! Study is limited in my area but plan on shifting next year to follow my DREAM!

ChillzDZN

424 posts

6:19pm Jul 9th 12

Thats great! Like i said i love the field! especially the theory which most people hate :L You'll love it man!

izzyK

1,650 posts

6:57pm Jul 9th 12

in 3 years i'll be doing VCD, I want to get good at graphics and it's like a hobby so yeh

ChillzDZN

424 posts

7:02pm Jul 9th 12

VCD? do you mean CAD (Computer Assisted Drawing) ?

izzyK

1,650 posts

7:12pm Jul 9th 12

? i'm not sure i asked my teacher he said....Visual communication Design..
or something like that

izzyK

1,650 posts

7:13pm Jul 9th 12

it's probably CAD

ChillzDZN

424 posts

7:14pm Jul 9th 12

oooh so a degree? the proper degree name is Multimedia Art, personally i plan to do commercial art next year. Just be careful it is a hard subject, its all great to do it for people on cg, but its a very heavy subject, heavy theory

izzyK

1,650 posts

7:20pm Jul 9th 12

i got a question, how do you make all those mad logos, emblems and stuff all those letters do you hand draw them and then go over with the pen tool on photoshop?or is it something else

Hawkeye.

1,494 posts

7:21pm Jul 9th 12

My school was poor.

Photography was our Graphic Design and it was gay.

Used to be my slack off class.

ChillzDZN

424 posts

7:25pm Jul 9th 12

I actually dont think im that good at logos?
I do symbols as such, the text on the logo you're talking about was done by RKR
( http://www.cybergamer.com.au/profile/187804/ ) and then was modified by myself.
[SPOILER=SPOILER: Logo that is refered to here:]http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p639/chilliroxs/Syndemic-2.jpg[/SPOILER]
But in my honest opinion, i cant say really, maybe MasFX could maybe reiterate on it? he does logos so much better than myself

ChillzDZN

424 posts

7:26pm Jul 9th 12

My school was poor.

Photography was our Graphic Design and it was gay.

Used to be my slack off class.

Quote from Hawkeye. on the 9th of July 2012
That sucks! Ours is very heavy 3d, which i love! I have a cert III in media so i personally love how my school has set up the curriculum!

oh my BrooKe

2,557 posts

9:53pm Jul 9th 12

My school is quite good; we have some of the best equipment for schools in Australia.
However, our subjects are quite limited.

The 'graphics' subject I did for 2 years was more reverse engineering, drawing boards of new products and architectural design (hand and computer). We did branding and business work (business cards only) maybe once or twice but that was it. I got out of it, although I loved the architecture stuff (I was quite good at it) but I didn't have a passion for it. I moved into Photography and fell in love immediately, I learnt so much in the first term. It's now a Media course but it's still all heavy on photography with video added in.

shanebond2876

15 posts

6:18pm Aug 27th 19

Good piece of information discussed here.