How to Play Protoss

How to Play Protoss

Thread started by The Red Baron on Sunday, 2:48am May 5th with 7 replies. Views: 2,065

The Red Baron

22 posts

2:48am May 5th 13

As the title states, i am keen to know how to play the Protoss as i am quite new to the game and they seem quite OP from what i have seen, feel free to PM me if you want to help me or post below your tips and ideas on how to go about things.

ironclaw.

1,388 posts

3:57am May 5th 13

Here is a good beginners guide to toss. Hope it tells you what you need
There are other guides with more advanced tactics. Team Liquid is a fantastic resource for all sc2 starters.

www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=246926

Taylor Swift

3,189 posts

9:47am May 5th 13

I would be keen to help you out in game but I can't atm =(

First tip I can give you is learn the hotkeys. Try learn at least 1 new hot key every game you play.

2nd tip is always scout zerg straight after your first pylon, they like to 6/10 pool a lot. (also put your pylon near your ramp in case you need to wall off). Also scout terran after your 1st pylon. I tend to feel safe PvP and scout after my gate or cyber core.

3rd tip is always try to upgrade your units attack and defence, leave the shield for last.

4th tip is to never stay on the first gateway units (stalker and zealot), even if you are behind in economy and or army. Because the longer you stay on those units the more likely you are to fall further behind.

5th tip is never stay on one base. If your minerals also get too high, build a shit load of gateways or extra nexus'.

6th tip is to have at least 50 -60 probes working.

7th tip, don't forget warp to warp in all the time << (but don't forget to macro)

8th tip, once you get used to playing a bit more, try attacking from the back of their base at the same time you enter the front, it makes them either not realise they are getting attacked in both places, or makes them multi task, which in lower leagues, is hard to handle.

Morph.

218 posts

10:37am May 5th 13

What league are you in?

Morph.

218 posts

10:40am May 5th 13

Here is a good beginners guide to toss. Hope it tells you what you need
There are other guides with more advanced tactics. Team Liquid is a fantastic resource for all sc2 starters.

www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=246926

Quote from ironclaw. on the 5th of May 2013

That is pretty out dated but can still help with the basics

The Red Baron

22 posts

2:34pm May 5th 13

I would be keen to help you out in game but I can't atm =(

First tip I can give you is learn the hotkeys. Try learn at least 1 new hot key every game you play.

2nd tip is always scout zerg straight after your first pylon, they like to 6/10 pool a lot. (also put your pylon near your ramp in case you need to wall off). Also scout terran after your 1st pylon. I tend to feel safe PvP and scout after my gate or cyber core.

3rd tip is always try to upgrade your units attack and defence, leave the shield for last.

4th tip is to never stay on the first gateway units (stalker and zealot), even if you are behind in economy and or army. Because the longer you stay on those units the more likely you are to fall further behind.

5th tip is never stay on one base. If your minerals also get too high, build a shit load of gateways or extra nexus'.

7th tip, don't forget warp to warp in all the time << (but don't forget to macro)

8th tip, once you get used to playing a bit more, try attacking from the back of their base at the same time you enter the front, it makes them either not realise they are getting attacked in both places, or makes them multi task, which in lower leagues, is hard to handle.

Quote from Arabian Goat Herder on the 5th of May 2013

Thank You so much for the help, i think i get the jist of things, if i need any more help, i will bump the thread and let you guys know or pm one of yous

Luminates

180 posts

3:05pm May 5th 13

Proooooooooooootoss death ball YO~!

lol

tayy_

922 posts

1:13am May 6th 13

Quote from Arabian Goat Herder on the 5th of May 2013

lel