TTHUB Mid City CSGO LAN #4 - W...

TTHUB Mid City CSGO LAN #4 - Wrap-up and Feedback

TTHUB Mid City CSGO LAN #4 - Wrap-up and Feedback

Thread started by Mayo on Monday, 3:57pm March 3rd with 83 replies. Views: 7,121

Mayo

2,826 posts

3:57pm Mar 3rd 14 and edited 4:10pm Mar 3rd 14

[img]http://i.imgur.com/NuxzxAR.jpg[/img]

Hey all,

It's done! I've awoken from my slumber and it's time for you guys to tell me how you think the LAN went.

First of all, congratulations to the following teams for placing highly in the event:
1st: Melb Stars
2nd: SiK
3rd: Noxious
4th: GUTS

Thanks to everyone who came along, especially the amazing admin team who spent countless hours with me preparing, planning, debating and setting up the event as a whole.

Spud - Co-caster and Graphics
Bella - Team seating, team contact
DevK - Servers
Dave/Jaytee - Tournament organisation and formats
Versatile - Stream tech, Server tech and Warmod/Stats
Dreams - Gofer, Co-Caster
Googie Monster - Food gofer

I also can't re-iterate enough how important it is you go and leave feedback and follow the social media of your sponsors. Make them understand that their tournaments are reaching people and doing good work for the communities (Links below).

What an amazing Melbourne LAN turnout with 15 teams (+1 fill-in) and a total prize pool of around $1,600 (Plus prizes)!

Updates:
- Overall stats to come
- VoDs up on www.twitch.tv/ttesports and to be exported
- Photo's to come in following days
- Demo's to be uploaded in 1 week
- Match stats: http://bfg-esports.com/stats.php

We would love some feedback from you all! How was the organisation, information, payments, prizes, computers, casting?

Until next time guys, keep praccing hard.

Brackets
http://challonge.com/TTHUB4groupA
http://challonge.com/TTHUB4groupB
http://challonge.com/TTHUB4groupC
http://challonge.com/TTHUB4groupD
http://challonge.com/TTHUB4FINALS

NikkeZ

44 posts

4:10pm Mar 3rd 14

cheers for the lan guys. keep them coming

#OMEN

5,938 posts

4:17pm Mar 3rd 14

I got there @ the end of the day. Pack up was insane was really well done and Dinner was amazing.

Cant wait for next time. :D:D:D:D:D:D

WD to Melb Stars on the win

RH1N0

486 posts

4:27pm Mar 3rd 14

Shoutout to Inertia for being real on the stream and telling it like it is #LANdodgers

but seriously your LAN's look awesome mayo, probably get a team together for the next one

sjc

107 posts

4:28pm Mar 3rd 14

Given the fact there was 16 teams in attendance I thought the LAN was ran incredibly smoothly. I thought the streaming was well ran, but I still think you should give people the option of GOTV considering only 1/4 games were available to the spectators. The format was good in theory, but I think in the future it needs to be more "noob" friendly as some people aren't willing to pay $25 to attend LANs to play 3 scrims and get smashed. With the assumption the next lan will also be ran at MidCity, there should be a thread made prior to or on the day in regards to:

- How to run CS:GO
- How to setup your config (where to find the folders)
- How to get rid of the Chinese-Characters and what triggers them.

These things above would save time as I found myself helping several players to get CS:GO running and also where to find the folders to put their config in.

Overall though I think Mayo and co. did an excellent job running the LAN and I definately will be attending again. 8/10

#OMEN

5,938 posts

4:35pm Mar 3rd 14

Quote from sjc on the 3rd of March 2014

This Happens at all LAN centers but the more you play @ each LAN center, the more you remember the things you have to fix in order to play the game smoothly..

Great Idea's.. There should be a thread made for each LAN center for each game on how to fix issue with PC's

drez[2g]

592 posts

4:43pm Mar 3rd 14

Amazing lan for the most part but theres a few things I noticed.

-Lack of room to spectate

-Nowhere to watch the stream once you are eliminated and have to hand the play cards back
(Maybe have a PC setup somewhere hooked up to a TV with the stream running.)

-Toilets we're HECTIC

These are mainly venue issues though but the managing and running of the event was amazing props to TTHUB and the admins.

Sabo

412 posts

4:59pm Mar 3rd 14

Toilets where f*cked hahaha

My first LaN and it was pretty epic, had good times met some decent people, hopefully in the future midcity might be 2 small as cs:go grows and we can see some bigger lans in different venues.

9/10 would go again

MarbeN

912 posts

5:15pm Mar 3rd 14

Lol sabo

xert

366 posts

5:18pm Mar 3rd 14

Just Like to say a MASSIVE thanks to Mayo and as he stated (Spud, Bella, Dreams, hayden, Versatile) who put this together and made it run so successfully ! By far the biggest and best CS:GO Lan competition run in Melbourne and probably throughout Australia. I know the boys at Storm had a ripping day of it and loved the banter being thrown around the joint!

Good to see what is a strong and competitive Victorian turn out And meet up with the Victorian community!

Keep pumping these out Mayo! I can assure you the turn out could only get bigger and better!

Cheer Guys!

fluke

613 posts

5:19pm Mar 3rd 14 and edited 5:46pm Mar 3rd 14

I am glamorous

AURA are so much better than what people would think. They prac like no tomorrow and it shows. Was redeeming to be able to narrowly beat them 16-14 on inferno during the finals as I'm pretty sure they knocked us out of the CG-A ODC and at the same time put away our hopes of making div2 this season.

lol @ noxious who I can only assume spent more money on the flights than they received prize money, wanted to try and make it so they had no prize money but they out classed us rather easily.

shoutout to dave for getting 27? frags in the final match, considering he got a combined score of 10 frags in the previous 2 games.

This LAN reminded me of old school melb css back in 07 when it was held at VA, everyone gettin amongst it.

I wanna see overall stats done by lordo

Il be making a tthub frag movie when the demos get uploaded

Good work mayo and co

Quote from FIMM on the 3rd of March 2014

I have a few I could give you :)

EDIT:

PLS DO ONE BEFORE AUGUST SO I CAN ATTEND!

MarbeN

912 posts

5:23pm Mar 3rd 14

Il be making a tthub frag movie when the demos get uploaded

Good work mayo and co

Medic CSGO

86 posts

5:28pm Mar 3rd 14

Given the fact there was 16 teams in attendance I thought the LAN was ran incredibly smoothly. I thought the streaming was well ran, but I still think you should give people the option of GOTV considering only 1/4 games were available to the spectators. The format was good in theory, but I think in the future it needs to be more "noob" friendly as some people aren't willing to pay $25 to attend LANs to play 3 scrims and get smashed. With the assumption the next lan will also be ran at MidCity, there should be a thread made prior to or on the day in regards to:

These things above would save time as I found myself helping several players to get CS:GO running and also where to find the folders to put their config in.

Overall though I think Mayo and co. did an excellent job running the LAN and I definately will be attending again. 8/10

Quote from sjc on the 3rd of March 2014

^

My thoughts exactly. And a few computer issues personally with respect to FPS diving to well under 30 (But fine when everyone else wasn't playing). I'm not sure how many other people had this issue but that was my only problem with the event.

drez[2g]

592 posts

5:51pm Mar 3rd 14

Also @mayo do you know what happened to STORM vs SiB twitch vods. Only half of the match was recorded on stream.