Potential BF: Hardline Ladders

Thread started by [iV] HellsGhetto on Tuesday, 10:40pm February 24th with 60 replies. Views: 3,736

[iV] HellsGhetto

285 posts

10:40pm Feb 24th 15

I have been asked by Voltris to make a thread to gauge the scope of teams that would be interested in competing in Battlefield: Hardline ladders and competitions on the PS4 once the game is released.

Please comment below with your team name if you would be interested.

Arsenal.

2,643 posts

10:41pm Feb 24th 15

Unlikely but good luck finding people

[iV] HellsGhetto

285 posts

10:44pm Feb 24th 15

I had to make this so that I can bring people from other sites to show interest

kickass

2,624 posts

10:47pm Feb 24th 15

I would love to see us have some CG BF ladders going, They have most defiantly been tried in the past but have failed to generate enough interest to keep them alive and going.

I havent seen anything about competitive and this game yet but i would imagine it is out there somewhere. As far as i know about the BF community is they all use the site battle log? and do everything through there. Thats the main thing behind it not really taking off in the past on CG. How ever i would still like to see how much interest is out there at this stage and potentially put something forward if we can see the interest is there.

[iV] HellsGhetto

285 posts

10:50pm Feb 24th 15

Battlelog is a joke to be honest. There are no ladder systems or official match requests. It is all just set up randomly.

Many of the teams have been screaming for a place to have proper sanctioned matches in a ladder system, but because there has been no Oceania based ladders they have either ceased playing scrims or had to play in high ping overseas ladders (Fragged Nation, UMG etc)

codnuts

868 posts

11:34pm Feb 24th 15

yeah I'm keen, Surge all da way g

[iV] HellsGhetto

285 posts

11:59pm Feb 24th 15

The competition would all be 5v5 game modes, as per ESL standard.

Frenchie

4,942 posts

12:03am Feb 25th 15

Suit up would more then likely compete but wouldn't take it serious enough to achieve anything as main focus is on AW / Leagues

Brodz'

1,192 posts

1:04am Feb 25th 15

Last time i played BF I ran a marathon and found 1 player.

Wait a minute to play with friends dont you have to pay for a server.

If that was the case i would rather CG purchase a dedicated server for CoD

[iV] HellsGhetto

285 posts

1:37am Feb 25th 15

Thanks for the input.

If that was the case when you played BF, you must have been playing a terrible map and/or game mode.

For competitive scrims yes a private server needs to be bought. And yes these EA hosted servers are based om the East Coast. But it would be up to the CG admins as to if a server would be purchased for them. Normally teams will have their own server and it will be set to private for scrims so as to not get random players involved. And no team gets host advantage as the server is a dedicated EA server.

So CG wouldnt have to buy a server if they didnt want to, but if they did it would help with streams.

Chanceyy

1,776 posts

2:10am Feb 25th 15

Yes pls, I'd be looking for a team for this because BF > AW

Thomas.

754 posts

2:56am Feb 25th 15

me and badger would be able to get a team

GIBERER

2,004 posts

7:15am Feb 25th 15

Battlelog is a joke to be honest. There are no ladder systems or official match requests. It is all just set up randomly.

Many of the teams have been screaming for a place to have proper sanctioned matches in a ladder system, but because there has been no Oceania based ladders they have either ceased playing scrims or had to play in high ping overseas ladders (Fragged Nation, UMG etc)

Quote from HellsGhetto on the 24th of February 2015

Battlelog is used mainly for scrims or matches between platoons not proper teams. You still know what platoons are the best just based of the community, wins, etc. I tried FN but it is pretty inactive on the console side. BF is a competitive PC title and we should just leave it at that. As much as I would be happy to have some competition, as battlelog has hardly any, it wont happen. Tried with BF3, failed, BF4, Failed, BF:HL, will fail.

Please prove me wrong

GIBERER

2,004 posts

7:17am Feb 25th 15

PS. CG would have to buy a server, lol.

If anyone wants to play im up to play anytime, add me PSN: GlBERER

[iV] HellsGhetto

285 posts

7:22am Feb 25th 15

Fragged Nation has run tournaments for years now and have never bought a server.

So if CG thought it wasnt viable to buy a server then a competition could still be run easily.