Headset/Mic Help

Headset/Mic Help

Thread started by Expound on Wednesday, 7:58pm August 19th with 4 replies. Views: 1,441

Expound

182 posts

7:58pm Aug 19th 15

I'm sick of my Blue Yeti and looking to sell it soon, I really don't want another desk mic. I am also looking at a new headset, with a microphone, if not a good clip on/mod mic.

I don't want to be spending upwards of $200, I know 'gaming' headsets can be pretty precarious in terms of quality, however there are a lot of good reviews of the Kingston HyperX Cloud II, any thoughts/other options?

Enervate

462 posts

8:10pm Aug 19th 15

I use a modmic 4.0 and a pair of Audio Technica ATH-A900x very good combo think It cost me 240 delivered.

If you don't care about voice quality too much just get a zalman clip on mic they work fine.

Kitto

3,315 posts

8:45pm Aug 19th 15

I've owned my Audio Technica's for 2 and a half years now and wouldn't go any other way, have served me very well and continue to do so. I use them with a Zalman Clip on which I clip to the headset cord, then zip tie at intervals to keep the two cables together as one.

Pattoh

866 posts

9:21pm Aug 19th 15

I second the Zalman Clip on mic, great for its price.

Samson SR850's, one of the best bang for buck headphones out there, I am using them at the moment and I have been using them for two years, comfortable, good for long sessions and the sound is brilliant.

$70
www.ebay.com.au/itm/Samson-SR850-Professional-Studio-Reference-Headphones-SR-850-BNIB-BM-/231583126591?hash=item35eb6e143f

Superlux HD681's I have heard they are almost identical to the SR850's.

$40
www.ebay.com.au/itm/Superlux-HD681-Studio-Semi-Open-Monitor-DJ-Headphones-HD-681-/390845648271?hash=item5b00374d8f

$100
AKG 240's
Heard nothing but good things about these, definitely going to pick up a pair of these some time soon.

www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/astore/AKG-K240-Professional-Studio-Headphones.aspx?afid=17&utm_source=Clixgalore&utm_medium=display&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Clixgalore

Going with actual studio headphones will get you far better value for money over buying "gaming" tagged headphones/headsets, one of the exceptions possibly more but one I am aware of is the Steelseries SIberia v2's or v3's if they are the same, I like the sound out of them they are quite comfy as well, one issue though is the ear pad it seems to lose a lot of its integrity too quickly but its no biggy and may have been fixed in v3..

www.mwave.com.au/product/steelseries-siberia-v2-headset-navi-limited-edition-ab55781

B

1,203 posts

6:12am Aug 21st 15

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ENMK1DW/
plus
www.amazon.com/dp/B00BJ17WKK/

Comes to around $150au delivered. Has an open V shaped sound and the mic should be better than what's included with gaming headsets but of course no where near a Yeti, you can look up Youtube recordings for how it sounds.