Anyone good with fixing headse...

Anyone good with fixing headsets?

Anyone good with fixing headsets?

Thread started by nekzU on Sunday, 7:09pm November 15th with 10 replies. Views: 996

nekzU

1,371 posts

7:09pm Nov 15th 15

Hey guys, I have a pair of ATH-AD700's and they've been sitting in my room for over a year and a half because a month after I got them, the left side of the headset stopped transmitting audio.

At first I thought it was a problem with the AUX jack so I replaced it myself which wasn't much of a trouble, and then when I tested it the problem persisted.

I have also taken the casing off on both sides of the headset to see if the soldering had dis attached from the board but I couldn't spot any lose wires so I'm not quite sure what the problem could be.

Leave a post below if you have an idea to what the problem could be, as I don't want to fork out another couple hundred on a headset if the problem could be fixed.

mauseum

5,687 posts

7:31pm Nov 15th 15

a month after I got them

Quote from nekzU on the 15th of November 2015

You should have returned them.

Dealzz

8,756 posts

7:36pm Nov 15th 15

the speaker itself could be fucked

Avengers

5,259 posts

7:56pm Nov 15th 15

a month after I got them

Quote from mauseum on the 15th of November 2015

nekzU

1,371 posts

8:05pm Nov 15th 15

a month after I got them

Quote from mauseum on the 15th of November 2015

Yeah I should've returned them during the time I had warranty but it didn't cross my mind as I quit gaming and lost all interested for anything associated with it.

But if there is a fix I would greatly appreciate the help or suggestions.

the speaker itself might be fucked

Quote from Dealzz on the 15th of November 2015
I thought that too but I highly doubt it, I remember the night before I last used them they were working perfectly fine and then the next morning I put them on and the left side didn't work at all. I'm assuming there's a problem with the solder but I'm not putting my money on it.

Dealzz

8,756 posts

8:08pm Nov 15th 15

it could be a dog shit high resistance solder connection.to rule out the speaker itself you could try disconnecting the left and parrelling wires over from the right side and see if it makes noise

nekzU

1,371 posts

8:27pm Nov 15th 15

it could be a dog shit high resistance solder connection.to rule out the speaker itself you could try disconnecting the left and parrelling wires over from the right side and see if it makes noise

Quote from Dealzz on the 15th of November 2015
Add me on steam and explain old friend.
user: nekzum8

Dealzz

8,756 posts

8:33pm Nov 15th 15

uh

when you get a bad solder join it creates a high resistance joint. in audio/video thats bad for quality.
you can try heating the solder on the connections on the speaker to get it to reset maybe.
you can try disconnecting the left speaker and testing it on the right channel to confirm the speaker still works

thats all i can really say to you man

Meddler

4,928 posts

8:38pm Nov 15th 15

i think u should quit again nkzr ok

nekzU

1,371 posts

8:49pm Nov 15th 15

Quote from blackfoul on the 15th of November 2015
[img]http://i.imgur.com/JfxAmoS.jpg[/img]
does ur mum still kiss u lyk dis?

Meddler

4,928 posts

10:21pm Nov 15th 15

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JfxAmoS.jpg[/img]
does ur mum still kiss u lyk dis?

Quote from blackfoul on the 15th of November 2015
yes wtf but she was actually feeding me like a bird does (im missing all my teeth)