ZOWIE Mice Recall

ZOWIE Mice Recall

Thread started by jok0 on Tuesday, 5:35pm January 26th with 7 replies. Views: 1,841

jok0

15 posts

5:35pm Jan 26th 16

http://zowie.benq.com/news/8/zowie-mice-recall-announcement

Thanks to the information from early buyers, it is discovered that random double-clicks are observed in the new ZOWIE FK1, FK2, ZA11, ZA12, ZA13, EC1-A, EC2-A models and such occurrences are discovered so far in the Nordic and the North America region. Due to reliability concerns, production and worldwide sales of the above mentioned models will be halted. Consumers that have acquired the specific products can call your retailer and register for you replacement within valid warranty.

In countries and regions that are not aforementioned, it is with little possibility for consumers to experience the random double-clicking. Nonetheless, owners of the FK1, FK2, ZA11, ZA12, ZA13, EC1-A, EC2-A models are offered with product replacement -- no condition binding and you can contact your local retailor for more information.

Quote from Someone

anyone going to be asking for a replacement? i just purchased my first zowie mouse a month or so ago and wondering what the replacement process would be?

Pattoh

866 posts

5:44pm Jan 26th 16

Probably not, I have a FK2 haven't noticed the double click bug myself, mind you I don't have a lot of hours with it.

iNSANITY^

1,177 posts

5:55pm Jan 26th 16

I get this quite alot, i generally get the mouse wheel auto jumping when i don't touch it, especially when im in the midst of a aim battle rofl, lost many kills because of it.

mykjAGGER

64 posts

1:17am Jan 27th 16

I don't get double clicks but the sensor on my FK1 just bugs out for a few seconds every now and then.

f1nesse

779 posts

8:10am Jan 27th 16

lmfao guys the recall is for the new benq models with the red logo, 16 step scroll wheel and omron switches instead of huano blues. they never even reached australian stores so don't worry you don't need to get a replacement.

JNR

873 posts

8:24am Jan 27th 16

lmfao guys the recall is for the new benq models with the red logo, 16 step scroll wheel and omron switches instead of huano blues. they never even reached australian stores so don't worry you don't need to get a replacement.

Quote from f1nesse on the 27th of January 2016
Yeah I was thinking this. When I saw the word 'new' I assumed they meant the new benq line but then everyone started going on about problems with mice they've had for a few months so i just kept my mouth shut haha. Cheers for pointing it out.

f1nesse

779 posts

8:29am Jan 27th 16

no worries

Yuniqe

468 posts

8:56am Jan 27th 16

I get this quite alot, i generally get the mouse wheel auto jumping when i don't touch it, especially when im in the midst of a aim battle rofl, lost many kills because of it.

Quote from lnsanity on the 26th of January 2016
This happens to me a lot, I call it the "fuck this mouse" @se3ker