CGPL Interview: INS from Corvi...

CGPL Interview: INS from Corvidae

CGPL Interview: INS from Corvidae

Thread started by Flam3z on Wednesday, 5:33pm February 10th with 24 replies. Views: 3,540

Flam3z

3,019 posts

5:33pm Feb 10th 16 and edited 11:30pm Jul 10th 18

[img]http://i.imgur.com/tjbLa7W.jpg[/img]

Hello CyberGamer citizens!

Today, we continue on with our interview series "Who's that player?". In the previous interview, we had Dexter from Chiefs.ESC. This time for our second guest, we have Joshua "INS" Potter representing Corvidae, sitting with us this evening to discuss on matters including their recent adventures and goals this season. His team has been on the rise since its formation, accomplishing top finishes in recent tournaments such as 2nd place at the IEM Taipei ANZ Open Qualifiers and the BlasterX Cup held by CyberGamer in the off-season.

Hey INS, quickly give us a brief history of yourself as a Counter-Strike player leading up to now.

INS: Hey Flam3z, I started playing Counter-Srike: Source when I was 11 years old, converted to CS:GO about a year after it came out and started a team called MYTH in 2013. In late 2013, I went on to play casually with mates in CGa for a season until I joined STORM in early 2014. We competed in a season of CGA and ended up moving into Division 2 where I played one game against royaLe because I was immediately banned off CyberGamer after that on 29th July 2014 for one year which was removed after 6 months. After I was unbanned in January of 2015, I rejoined STORM and competed in another season of Division 2. Eventually, I was replaced in STORM in July 2015. Quickly moving on to join my current team, Qlimax Crew which later became Corvidae.

When and why did your current team form? What are their roles in the team?

INS: We first formed in November last year. Alistair and myself were approached to form a team with Steej and erkast because they were looking for young players, after two weeks of playing together we went onto pick up Gratisfaction. We don't have any roles in the team, we are all comfortable adapting to the roles necessary based on the circumstances.

Describe the team's play style and how it may differ to other teams within our region?

INS: We don't have a specific playstyle, we focus on adapting and adjusting to what is needed during the situations we face in-game.

There was a rumour going around that Gratisfaction, your awper, was offered to join Sequential Gaming filled with previous Division 1 players. This was the time after your team came runners-up at BlasterX Cup in December last year. Is this true? And what made him decide to stay in the end?

INS: The rumor was true. He talked with a few people including our manager. He said his main reason for staying was team solidarity, chemistry and because "we dem boiz".

As you have already mentioned, you were given a 1 year CyberGamer ban two years ago for cheating in a PUG match. A demo was linked, which is quite rare to see as evidence is usually kept private from the public to see. The majority of the community disagreed with the ban and ever since then, you have survive the so-called "VAC Banwaves". What are your thoughts regarding the ban? Do you think it was a human error from the Anti-Cheat team's part? And has anything changed for you since then?

INS: At the time I was very angry about this ban, I believed it was an unfair ban which is why I reacted so bad, as many others did in the community, including the person who sent in the demo who later apologised to me saying he didn't actually think I was cheating. I know it was a human error and I understand that these things happen, no hard feelings. I have definitely gotten more mature as a person due to this ban.

Congratulations for qualifying for CGp this season through the FFYI. Were there any hiccups on the way and any teams in particular that qualified that impressed you?

INS: Thanks, there were no hiccups along the way in the FFYI. There was definitely small mistakes that we can improve on which we will be focusing on during practice leading up to the season. The team that impressed me was Incept, beating experienced teams in probably their biggest competition such as Frenetic Array, Suhh Dude and Control eSports: Volpriv. Really looking forward to how they play this season

This season we have 8 out of 12 teams attending the LAN Finals. Personally, the most competitive season I've seen so far. What are your expectations and how is the team preparing for this upcoming season? Any team to look out for?

INS: Massive news! My expectations are definitely to make it to the LAN Finals and hopefully make it all the way. We've been practising hard and are all excited to show what we can do! I think there is definitely going to be a lot of upsets this season and it will be an interesting season overall. For us personally as a team, I believe Alpha Sydney are definitely the team to watch out for.

What are your thoughts on the additions and the changes CyberGamer has followed from other leagues/organisations like ESL?

INS: I believe its a good thing that our scene is following in the footsteps of the European scene and I hope we continue to, good decisions being made by the admins. I'm really excited to see how the new CGAC is. As for the new jump throw script, I don't think the changes really make a difference considering you can still use two keys to do it.

That's all the questions I have for this interview, any last words and shout outs before we finish?

INS: Thank you for interviewing me! I'd like to thank the management at Corvidae, my boys for shooting heads, the CyberGamer Admin team for all their hard work. Last of all, I would like to wish good luck to everyone competing in Division 1 this season!

A big thanks to INS for giving up some his time for this interview. Feel free to follow him on Twitter and his organisation.

Of course, look forward to more player interviews from the Content Team, during the largest season of the CyberGamer Premier League we've seen so far

lukee.

5,247 posts

5:39pm Feb 10th 16

jkaz

867 posts

5:40pm Feb 10th 16

v nice

dayfUU

107 posts

5:50pm Feb 10th 16

SHOUT OUT TO THE CHEERLEADER GROUP

AtK

243 posts

5:52pm Feb 10th 16

#unbanins

go alpha

Raesos

237 posts

6:18pm Feb 10th 16

top guy and top interview
"we dem boiz"

JOSHINS

961 posts

6:38pm Feb 10th 16

Thanks for the opportunity! @Flam3z

mizu.

3,096 posts

6:39pm Feb 10th 16

go alpha

hawk_

301 posts

6:44pm Feb 10th 16

I have definitely gotten more mature as a person due to this ban.

Quote from INS
Most people that get banned don't come back more mature, take dan_nz for example. I guess those types of people actual cheated and you didn't. Good article none the less

nozah

89 posts

6:47pm Feb 10th 16

Great interview, INS is really nice and a sick player.

zudmeister

415 posts

6:50pm Feb 10th 16

can definitely confirm ins has matured from when i use to play with, the respect he has now makes him more positive towards his game play and has become a much better player +1 ins m8

AJK

874 posts

6:54pm Feb 10th 16

'there is one A door..'

great interview flamez, think you might have been trolled though cause the reaL iNS is nowhere near this articulate..

#corvidaefornats

XPL-

1,370 posts

6:57pm Feb 10th 16

'there is one A door..'

great interview flamez, think you might have been trolled though cause the reaL iNS is nowhere near this articulate..

#corvidaefornats

Quote from AJK on the 10th of February 2016
The words that will forever haunt Josh... One door...

kennedy 

4,184 posts

7:01pm Feb 10th 16

I have definitely gotten more mature as a person due to this ban.

Quote from HawK2g on the 10th of February 2016
Most people that get banned don't come back more mature, take dan_nz for example. I guess those types of people actual cheated and you didn't. Good article none the less

Quote from INS

I wouldn't say that, you go look at 90% of the people who were playing Div2/CGm and above who got banned they came back more mature and more dedicated. (minus a few div1 players)

Good interview though, GJ Josh.

ecafdas

259 posts

7:02pm Feb 10th 16

#INSFORPM