Current Page

Power Rankings - 4/5

Power Rankings - 4/5

Thread started by Bbearz on Wednesday, 8:07pm May 4th with 15 replies. Views: 3,101

Bbearz

140 posts

8:07pm May 4th 16 and edited 6:54pm May 5th 16

[img]http://i.imgur.com/9T7leSU.png[/img]

These Power Rankings are done by a committee of 4 people consisting of:

Soma - twitter
Player for Karasuno.

Schmeval - twitter
Player for JAM Gaming.

Part Timer - twitter
Player for F.F.F. and Rocket League analyst.

Chrisis - twitter
Lead Rocket League commentator for Gamestah.

Weekly Round Up

Virtuoso is taking a break from Rocket League this season and thus, will no longer be on the Power Ranking committee. We thank him for the work he's done each week for the OCE Power Rankings. Part Timer will be filling in his spot on the committee this week. Also, Power Rankings posting date has now been changed to Wednesday night, 8pm, with the ranking week from Tuesday to Monday. This change was made to have rankings posted shortly after each round of Gamestah's Rocket League Invitational, the biggest tournament currently running in the OCE region with rounds being playing every Monday night.

This week marked the commencement of Gamestah's 16 team Rocket League Invitational! The first ten invites were given to the top 10 power ranked teams. With Scared Hitless (a top 10 power ranked team) disbanded, fourteen other teams played in a Swiss format qualifier on Sunday to secure one of seven remaining spots to compete alongside the best in the Oceanic region. Following in the footsteps of Another One, Gameroos won every one of their matches in the qualifiers (8), two more wins than runners up, Reload eSports.
The following teams qualified for GRL: Karasuno, Team Erase, Citadel Gaming, Unlimited, InVidious, Team XD, Gameroos, F.F.F, Another One, Abyss, Ripple eSports, JAM Gaming, Alpha Sydney, Corvidae, Reload eSports and Allstars.

On Monday night, the first round of matches for GRL were played (with the exception of JAM Gaming and Ripple eSports). Both Reload eSports and Team XD provided upsets on the night, winning 3-1 against Allstars and previous #3 in the region, InVidious respectively, an incredible achievement for any team outside of the top 10 power ranked teams. Alpha Sydney won 3-0 against Corvidae, Gameroos won 3-0 against F.F.F, Another One won 3-0 against Abyss eSports, Unlimited won 3-1 against Citadel and Karasuno won 3-0 against Team Erase.

News from around the region:
  • Gamestah announced the 16 team 'Gamestah Rocket League Invitational' (HEYGRL). Qualifiers were held on Sunday and the first round of matches were played on Monday.
  • Scared Hitless disbanded.
  • Corvidae disbanded but will play out the HEYGRL.
  • The RLO Pro Draft is on the 8th of May and will be streamed on AGTV and the 1v1's to determine the captains will be held on the 4th of May and streamed by Gamestah.

Rankings

1. Karasuno: Soma, eren, Orion | Nil movement
During any off-season one naturally has to wonder what development will occur. Karasuno have been such a consistently dominant team in the Oceanic region since the inception of CG Rocket League, and I'm sure everyone is curious how much longer they can hold onto that, but on Monday night they continued to show everyone why: Sheer, determined consistency. Though it's been a couple of weeks since they won CGp they still came out firing against Team Erase with a convincing win after a slightly shaky start. However, both Another One and Alpha Sydney are running hot recently and they'll no doubt push the issue on the current OCE kings in weeks to come.
Summary. - Part Timer

2. Another One: Cyrix, OssyOsbert, The Stig | Nil movement
Despite missing their core team this Monday night, Another One proved lethal and taking it to Abyss eSports - the aspiring new talent that took the CGi throne for themselves. Ossy was absent in A1's first round match with Kawaii filling in. With Abyss' most recent line-up change they're still adjusting and I expect to see them get much stronger in the coming weeks when things start to flow and their synergy begins to surge once more. - Soma

3. Alpha Sydney: Dumbo, Dicky, Stoney | + 1
Alpha Sydney have managed to woo First Rocketeer Stoney and the buzz around this team is huge. Their first showing in HEYGRL on Monday fired a warning shot to all the other teams in the region and we may be seeing a three-way fight for number one spot developing very soon. They three-oh'd Corvidae who did not play badly at all. They were simply outplayed in all areas of the game. - Chrisis

4. InVidious: French Fries Coleslaw, Sparks | - 1
InVidious appear to have had a very quiet off season since the CGPL LAN. They finished third at the CGPL LAN and moved up to third spot in the power rankings at that time. However, the start of HEYGRL was a bit of a shock to the system, with the result of their match against Team XD (seeded 12th) providing the first upset of the tournament. Make no mistake, they are a class side with an excellent Rocket League pedigree in the region, so hopefully the loss will motivate them to work hard and bounce back. - Chrisis

5. Abyss eSports: Addzey, Express, TheSchoolBus | + 1
Abyss were looking more and more deadly in the final few weeks of CGi season 2, taking on big names like Corvidae and Citadel to take out the title. Coming into their Monday night match against Another One, the runners up of CGp, I suspect there were many predicting Abyss to prove themselves once and for all as a top-level team. However, they were taken down 3 - 0 by a very in-form A1, despite all their recent improvement. That aside, JAM's continued absence and Allstars' surprise loss to Reload sees them gain one spot and land in fifth place this week.
Summary. - Part Timer

6. JAM Gaming: Schmeval, Rever, B-bearz | + 1
After being absent from the scene for quite some time now, JAM Gaming has undergone a roster change with Nugget departing the team and former Team Supremacy player, B-bearz, will be looking to spread the JAM all over. Still yet to play their first GRL round match against Ripple eSports. - Soma

7. Allstars: Julz, GroovyGrape, Jatz, flip | - 2
Allstars' opening round in the Gamestah tournament was one to forget, losing 1-3 to a team never before seen on the power rankings, Reload eSports. They drop 2 spots on the power rankings from their record number 5 spot, but a redeeming performance next week against Alpha Sydney could see them reclaim the spot just as easily.
- Schmeval

8. Gameroos: Bango, SnarfSnarf, Montyconnor | + 7
I'm not sure I've ever seen a "+7" on the Power Rankings before but if anyone has deserved it it's been Gameroos.The previously 15th team came into the HEYGRL qualifiers alongside big names like Citadel and Ripple but proceeded to win eight from eight games, taking down teams such as Reload, Team XD and Unlimited in the process. Then, coming into their first round of HEYGRL on Monday night they provided a complete 3 - 0 shutdown of F.F.F. This kind of consistency paves the way to them challenging teams even further up the rankings in future weeks.
Summary. - Part Timer

9. Team XD: yumi_cheeseman, aoe_emp, DaBeastXD | New
Team XD, in their first competitive match since debuting at the Gamestah Qualifers entered the Oceanic Rocket League scene with a splash, defeating InVidious 3-1 in the opening round of the Gamestah Tournament. Team XD no doubt played a strong match against InVidious, adopting a high-pressure playstyle that InVidious struggled to make ground against. Having said that, it's hard to properly judge Team XD at this stage, with just the one result against a top tier team. Arguments could be made that InVidious simply had an off-night or just have not played much lately due to it being the off season, the variability of the committee's ranking for this team is evidence of this. The coming weeks will reveal if Team XD truly has what it takes to become a consistent fixture on the power rankings!
- Schmeval

10. Team Erase: Lukeorice, Iborine, Greeny | Nil movement
Team Erase came into HEYGRL as the 9th seed and their first match was against the Kings of Oceania, Karasuno. After conceding the first goal to their opponents, Erase created some magic by scoring three unanswered goals and suddenly people started asking themselves if they'd be providing the upset of the tournament - it its first match! Karasuno dug deep and came back to win the game in overtime, and then proceeded to 3-0 Erase from there. However, Erase will take some positives from the experience. They've got their toughest match out of the way and looked very strong during phases of the game. Hopefully their next outing features less PC issues (Iborine dropped from the server at one point) and more consistency. Definitely a team to watch!. - Chrisis

Teams to watch
Soma: Team XD
Schmeval: Gameroos
Part Timer: Reload eSports
Chrisis: Team Erase

Here's how the committee ranked the top 10:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/eK3niEm.png[/img]

The Committee
Soma / Schmeval / Part Timer / Chrisis

Bbearz

140 posts

8:13pm May 4th 16

With multiple teams disbanding and several roster changes, there's bound to be a few mistakes with players listed in each team. Feel free to message me here, steam, discord or twitter if you notice any mistakes/players missing and i'll update it asap. Thanks.

Julz

37 posts

8:29pm May 4th 16

It ain't a week of power rankings without an allstars player going missing, HELP where's Flip #et at?

Cyrix

510 posts

8:45pm May 4th 16

Awesome write up once again! Can't wait to see how these new teams do.

Also great to see Part-timer on the committee!

Bbearz

140 posts

8:52pm May 4th 16

It ain't a week of power rankings without an allstars player going missing, HELP where's Flip #et at?

Quote from Pirate_juls on the 4th of May 2016

Honestly, it's not an accident anymore, I just do it so someone will talk to me. I'm so lonely.

chrisis

505 posts

11:55pm May 4th 16

You can view the results from the Qualifiers here & VODS here

And here are the results and VODs from the first night of HEYGRL.

SlurpeeMonster.

22 posts

11:59pm May 4th 16

Good to see Part-Timer on the team. Best Rocket League analyst OCE

AnarchyFridge

25 posts

9:51am May 5th 16

Should be a good off season with a lot of moves in the bottom half of the top 10

SnarfSnarf

213 posts

6:48pm May 5th 16

Tfw you arent named in the gameroos squad when your the captain feelsbadman

Julz

37 posts

6:49pm May 5th 16

Join the club ^

Bbearz

140 posts

6:55pm May 5th 16

Quote from SnarfSnarf on the 5th of May 2016

Apologies SnarfSnarf, I received a spreadsheet from Chrisis with the players in each team that participated in the qualifiers for GRL, I assumed players listed under columns player 1, 2 and 3 were core and any remaining were subs, seems like it may have just been the order that the details of the players were given to gamestah, so I believe that's why a couple of these rosters aren't entirely correct. It's fixed now though

chrisis

505 posts

8:21am May 6th 16

Quote from Bbearz on the 5th of May 2016

Apologies SnarfSnarf, I received a spreadsheet from Chrisis with the players in each team that participated in the qualifiers for GRL, I assumed players listed under columns player 1, 2 and 3 were core and any remaining were subs, seems like it may have just been the order that the details of the players were given to gamestah, so I believe that's why a couple of these rosters aren't entirely correct. It's fixed now though :)

And just to be clear, the spreadsheet was an export of the toornament team listings that were registered for GRL Qualifying. Looks like toornament just dumped them in the order they were entered (there's no way to ID captains vs core vs subs).

Sorry!

SnarfSnarf

213 posts

11:17am May 6th 16

Quote from Bbearz on the 5th of May 2016

Apologies SnarfSnarf, I received a spreadsheet from Chrisis with the players in each team that participated in the qualifiers for GRL, I assumed players listed under columns player 1, 2 and 3 were core and any remaining were subs, seems like it may have just been the order that the details of the players were given to gamestah, so I believe that's why a couple of these rosters aren't entirely correct. It's fixed now though :)

No problem just having some fun haha good work on the rankings

jcn

90 posts

1:21pm May 6th 16

corvidae disbanded but still 11th, 2good

Bbearz

140 posts

6:42pm May 6th 16

corvidae disbanded but still 11th, 2good

Quote from jcn on the 6th of May 2016

As the three corvidae members are playing through GRL together as a team, we're keeping you on the team list to be ranked until the end of the season, let me know if you want to go by a different name.