Custom Match Update - Open Bet...

Custom Match Update - Open Beta Test!

Custom Match Update - Open Beta Test!

Thread started by JWNilly on Wednesday, 9:09pm July 18th with 4 replies. Views: 494

JWNilly

42 posts

9:09pm Jul 18th 18

One of the modes PUBG fans have wanted most desperately in the game is the ability to create custom matches. It seems their wishes have finally come true, as PUBG Corp has today announced the mode is in open beta on test servers. Here is The official STEAM statement.

While this an exceptional news, what worries me is this:

"Creating custom matches won't have an associated cost during this phase. However, due to the extremely large amount of resources required to allow custom games to be available to all players, we may change this in the future to ensure everything runs smoothly and the system remains sustainable long-term."

So basically we pay more to PUBG CORP. Even after buying the full game......

rezlith

45 posts

9:14pm Jul 18th 18 - in reply to JWNilly's post

Okay? tell me who would host a custom match that isn't either a tournament organizer or a twitch streamer with a community? majority of the community doesn't know that this is a option anyways. Seems like you're trying to create drama off of nothing, this will not hurt the general population that plays this game.

JWNilly

42 posts

8:35pm Jul 19th 18 - in reply to rezlith's post

Okay? tell me who would host a custom match that isn't either a tournament organizer or a twitch streamer with a community? majority of the community doesn't know that this is a option anyways. Seems like you're trying to create drama off of nothing, this will not hurt the general population that plays this game.

Quote from rezlith on the 18th of July 2018
Would suggest you go read the comments on the link I have posted. I wouldn't mind hosting a custom match my self(as long as limits like the minimum player count is removed). I understand that it might not affect all of the players but its not fair to charge more for a paid game (There is already a 'Event pass' for about $9.99USD).

Mishka

7 posts

11:41pm Jul 21st 18

I think its good...so people can see how unreliable and retarded setting up servers is

the1ivo

31 posts

3:37pm Jul 25th 18

#esports-ready