Thread started by Tham on Tuesday, 11:40am January 8th with 18 replies. Views: 7,471
11:40am Jan 8th 19 and edited 1:38pm Mar 12th 19
It is VERY important that all players looking to compete this season read all information in this thread.
Important dates are listed at the end of the post.
These are the main changes that will be talked over in this thread, each point will be broken down in paragraphs explaining them below
- Introduction of another division
- Re-working divisions
Professional - 8 Teams ($10,000 + $2000 Travel Assistance for LAN + Free Accom)
Challenger - 8 Teams ($3000)
Evolution - 16 Teams ($2000)
Amateur - Unlimited Teams ($3000)
Open - Unlimited Teams ($250)
With the reface of CyberGamer we will also be doing a complete overhaul of the divisions. Firstly we will be reintroducing another division above Amateur.
Professional will be played every Thursday night (14th Feb - 22nd March) and televised in NZ and Australia (TBC). More information will be posted soon.
Note* The top 3 teams at the end of the season will qualify for LAN (Auckland)
Challenger will be broadcast on Mondays and Tuesdays between 11th Feb and 26th March using the same format (BO2) as the previous CGPL (pro) division. Finals will commence immediately and be played on 1st/2nd April and 8th/9th April.
Matches for the Evolution (CG main) division will be played weekly (scheduled by teams) over the same 7 weeks (11th Feb to 31st March), with finals immediately commencing after the season (April 1st to 14th).
We will be doing a major reset of all divisions other than Professional, meaning that all teams will have a chance to qualify for Challenger and Evolution.
If there are any question please feel free to comment below, send in a ticket or contact me directly through steam.
Tham on the 8th of January 2019
- 4 core players from the previous 2 Invite/Main (Platinum/Gold) seasons
I have a few questions.
1. Is this supposed to be 3 or 4 core players? On my profile it says evolution relegation spot (even though it should be challenger) if my former team retains 3-4 core players. I'm not sure which piece of information is correct.
2. Do the core players all need to be from a single team or do individual core players from different teams ie a new team meet the requirement? I assume it's the latter from the wording but a distinction would be good.
3. The previous 2 Invite/Main (Platinum/Gold) seasons statement is confusing as main hasn't run for a few seasons now. I'd assume the main players from several seasons ago wouldn't get an inject spot in div 2 but the wording indicates otherwise. Some clarification and re-wording would be useful.
Don't worry guys. It is not an odc. Just a minior mistake in dates. All fixed now. The quals will be happening over the course of a week.
Why have you made the open qual for 'evolution' an odc the same day as youve made the mc lan? Both feb 3rd? Meanwhile challenger and pro have a week to complete the series with probably half the teams.
3:39pm Jan 8th 19
Wouldn’t let me quote on my phone.
You need 4 players who have previously played m or I within the last two seasons. We only got rid of M last season which allows the previous season of it to be elible.
It only has to be 4 single players and not the core of a team.
Sorry if it’s a bit confusing, currently writing at work