Welcome to Call of Duty : Mode...

Welcome to Call of Duty : Modern Warfare - Come post your interest and ideas!

Welcome to Call of Duty : Modern Warfare - Come post your interest and ideas!

Thread started by MorzZA on Monday, 1:53pm December 2nd with 24 replies. Views: 348

MorzZA

4,094 posts

1:53pm Dec 2nd 19

I have been given the privilege to be an admin here for the LPL and I don't intend on letting them down.

Now what I need from you guys is your interest and ideas....

We want to run competitions, we have endless options....

5v5 old school Search and Destroy or maybe even 6v6 - CS style, with the rule set tweaked so we like the play style, ie no pesky shotguns, kill streaks, some guns banned, attachments banned, etc etc....

Or follow the USA Scene and rule set which they play a best of 3 - I am not even sure if it's 4v4 or 5v5 haven't looked as yet. However here is the rule set!
https://callofdutyleague.com/en-us/competitive-settings

So what do you want to see with this new COD? CS Style Search and Destroy, maybe old school CGi style tournaments? Or the current USA style?
Would you be happy with Cross Platform enabled? A totally integrated society? PS4 - Xbox One - PC - Teams could be made up of players on any platform what so ever!

Tell your friends, we are reviving the series!!!

Some of the other competitions are for money so I imagine we can organize some for cash as well eventually!

MorzZA - Ice187 - Aaron

Jerk

10 posts

8:07pm Dec 2nd 19

I'm up for the old school 5v5 snd but do think for now we should have it all platforms and once numbers build have separate for each and maybe a combined ladder aswel ?

MorzZA

4,094 posts

9:08pm Dec 2nd 19 and edited 2:18am Dec 3rd 19

They tend to do more cgi style tournaments it’s basically a ladder you still play weekly. Yeah all together and then seperate depending on if we had the numbers.

I would definitely want to play search but I think we will be guided by Activision a little. Especially if they were to stream any comps or add in prizes.

Razo

33 posts

1:20pm Dec 3rd 19

I think 5v5 with Call of Duty League ruleset would be perfect. Would also love a PC and/or Crossplay league as I'm a PC player and want the opportunity to compete, as do many other players in the PC community.

Mazzar

8 posts

1:53pm Dec 3rd 19

Im from PC community and would love to play, cross platform is the way to go i believe as it is the way all games competitively are heading towards now. Following the Cod rules and that stuff from current USA is the way to go. 5v5 S and D. And more then 1 division aswell, Maybe 1 PC leauge and one PS4/XBOX Leauge where they fight it out to make finals which then goes into league vs league final seriers (etc PCvsPS4/Xbox) the more players = the more leauges cga,cgi,cgp etc just an idea

MorzZA

4,094 posts

2:22pm Dec 3rd 19

Agreed. Cross platform is where it’s at.

Xbox and PS4 players have the opportunity to use a keyboard and mouse also if they want, I believe you can plug them directly in now days?
If not I remember a device xmi or something it was called. Yeah.

Very interested in getting this going. We’re starting to see more and more support, need to get some teams together guys and we’ve created a scrims forum. Setup and play a few, see how it plays out. Maybe even random 10 people 5v5 see how it goes cross play on and just test it ourselves while we’re waiting for the red tape.
The heads have contacted Activision as they’re patterned with them and they dictate what we’re able to do competition wise that includes prize money etc. However we can scrim all we want

rotax

6,743 posts

3:44pm Dec 3rd 19

Remove 99% of the game and you'll have a viable competitive cod.

Razo

33 posts

3:59pm Dec 3rd 19 - in reply to MorzZA's post

Xbox and PS4 players have the opportunity to use a keyboard and mouse also if they want, I believe you can plug them directly in now days?

Quote from MorzZA on the 3rd of December 2019
That's correct.

MorzZA

4,094 posts

4:32pm Dec 3rd 19 - in reply to Razo's post

No need for negativity.
Yes heaps has been removed check the USA ruleset :)

Okay awesome so they can plug and play if need be to bridge the gap.

Personally I’m as good with the controller as I am with the keyboard and mouse so I’m fine with it, though I do play pc mostly these days.

Eitherway I wanna get this Comp going and I will just waiting on approval guys.
How about tonight 7-8pm,
Get online I’ll host up a match with the ruleset and we play a rotation of the game types or spectate and see how they roll :)

Battle.net ID - Ice187#11995
I’ll msg you a discord link we can join that then goto game chat and split up? Depending on players that show up we could have multiple sessions going to test it out? Anyone else able to host? / keen? Post identification up. All add some new Australian buddy’s

rotax

6,743 posts

4:49pm Dec 3rd 19 - in reply to rotax's post

I don't need to check the US ruleset. It has nothing to do with AU.
This topic comes up every single time a game comes out and it's the same junk every time.. let's do what US does, let's do what EU does.

Just do your own ruleset and base it off of the PC cod4 setting. 5v5, no perks, no killstreaks, limit scope to 1 per team, no equipment other than flashbangs and maybe stims, no riot shields.
Sit down work out what guns are bullshit and flat out ban them.

Jerk

10 posts

5:01pm Dec 3rd 19 - in reply to MorzZA's post

Hey man I'll be on at that time and be keen to see how it all plays out

Gamertag - Datkent

MorzZA

4,094 posts

5:18pm Dec 3rd 19

Maps and Modes, the rules and banned gear is here;

Be sure to follow it :p

https://callofdutyleague.com/en-us/competitive-settings

Mazzar

8 posts

5:18pm Dec 3rd 19 - in reply to rotax's post

your living in ancient times bruz, base it on USA and EU. Dont want our own crappy rule set as it will please only the few people who played cod 4

Nader

13 posts

6:08pm Dec 3rd 19

Cod league rule set is pretty damn garbage with kill cam, perks and kill streaks enabled. Besides would it even be good for lpl to directly compete with the call of duty league? especially with their rule set?

You can make a half-decent classic s&d mode if you put a lot of effort into finding which attachments and guns need to be banned, might even need set classes. But ye if you ban

• perks
  • kill cam
  • kill streaks
  • shotguns, launchers, some other weapons depending on how they play with limited attachments
  • a lot of the equipment(claymores for example), maybe even stuns since you can just use a mouse with a dpi switch and cheese it
  • field upgrades

and then limit one scope per team as well as one only allowing one operator per team, though this might balance it self out with everyone choosing the smallest model.

Then the biggest problem is map design, which is chaotic as hell, and purposely designed that way by the devs. With vacant and crash coming in you might be able to pick a few of the less chaotic maps from the pool in addition to those.

Then you can make an enjoyable competitive mode that still has inherent problems from the original game that cant be changed because there's no mod support.

Now the biggest problem, with all of these concessions that you have to make to get the game competitive, is how the hell are the admins going to enforce all of this? I'm not sure how extensive the private match settings are to disable all this, but this could be a huge problem.

MorzZA

4,094 posts

6:26pm Dec 3rd 19

We would easily monitor it all, we have in the past with cybergamer.

However we are affiliated with Activision so we will most likely be following their rules and the USA scene.

It's a big deal and a lot of red tape from what I am just finding out.

https://discord.gg/afyzGVn

JOIN THIS NOW GUYS - LETS PLAY WE NEED AT LEAST 8!!