Best Internet Provider

Best Internet Provider

Best Internet Provider - Page: 5

Thread started by Blinkzz on Tuesday, 1:17am March 6th with 75 replies. Views: 5,313

Sparkssss

1,515 posts

7:23pm Mar 13th 12

I've been with Telstra since forever. They are a good, yet unreliable ISP. Constant network issues, weird pings, bad service and ridiculously over-priced plans and deals plague them. They have biased service with the eastern states getting the best deals too. (Probably the case with every ISP.)

The only reason I stick with them is because they have a great unmetered service, my families phone is with them and we get a considerable amount of money off of all our deals and I don't want to pay the contract termination fee, lol.

Quote from sensei on the 13th of March 2012
good ISP... and then u list allot of problems before mentioning positives which you get can from other ISPs anyways... basically you have stated why they aren't good lol.

Also, how many people in Australia are still locked into contracts (as a percentage of total or whatever). I am not locked into any contract, and could leave optus at any time with no termination fees, and would have thought more people would have gone for an offer like mine as it does leave the option of changing ISP at any time open (not that I can see why people would want to leave optus and their great bandwidth and latency :P)

TAILGUNNER78

3,488 posts

7:45pm Mar 13th 12

telstra ftw.

Dicellol

3,318 posts

7:53pm Mar 13th 12 and edited 8:08pm Mar 13th 12

iiNet;
Awesome customer service, everythings done from NZ so you can understand their techs and support and they help you out a lot. I've missed bills before and after 1 call they turn my internet back on and i just pay the bill late.
My speeds pretty decent too and i get 200GB data @ADSL2+ for $79.95 i think it is inc line rental.
Never had a single problem and been a customer for 4 years.
Also i know this isn't a Speed thread but this is my speed on iiNet Offnet ADSL2, meaning my exchange doesn't have iiNet but they use Telstras lines.
[SPOILER=SPOILER: Click to view][IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2986/iinet.png[/IMG]
I guess thats my line speed but this is what Speedtest gives me back.
[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1830767071.png[/img][/SPOILER]

terrorv2

2,987 posts

9:42pm Mar 13th 12

iiNet;
Awesome customer service, everythings done from NZ

Quote from Dicellol on the 13th of March 2012

You also forgot Cape Town and Manilla.

www.officeimage.com.au/Images/Internode.rgb.jpg

fight me

Dicellol

3,318 posts

10:48pm Mar 13th 12

iiNet is the #2 in Aus for a reason

terrorv2

2,987 posts

11:13pm Mar 13th 12

Wat? It's because they buy out every other ISP, not because they are some magic ISP that everyone wants to be with you dumb faggot. Also, Telstra is the biggest and they are fucking shit. Size =/= Being Good

i cant be mad at you though, if you listen to iron mind and hardcore.

suppressed~

1,971 posts

11:30pm Mar 13th 12

optus for reliability balanced with cost, service and speed.

Jewwfro

595 posts

1:08pm Mar 14th 12

iiNet;
Awesome customer service, everythings done from NZ

Quote from terror on the 13th of March 2012

You also forgot Cape Town and Manilla.

fight me

Quote from Dicellol on the 13th of March 2012

But the main iiNet centres are in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
90% of the time you'll speak with an aussie and the service is quite good itself.

Just A Moot

197 posts

2:18pm Mar 14th 12

Telstra is the fastest i can get in my area, and is perhaps the most used around Australia

Dicellol

3,318 posts

6:08pm Mar 14th 12

Wat? It's because they buy out every other ISP, not because they are some magic ISP that everyone wants to be with you dumb faggot. Also, Telstra is the biggest and they are fucking shit. Size =/= Being Good

i cant be mad at you though, if you listen to iron mind and hardcore.

Quote from terror on the 13th of March 2012
Haha it was just a joke hence the :p face, im basing mine off pure experience.
But ill cop the dumb faggot just because you cant stay mad and you like Iron Mind and bands alike also.
Please tell me you saw Backtrack a few weeks ago and TUI sometime this month though?

terrorv2

2,987 posts

10:16pm Mar 14th 12

But ill cop the dumb faggot just because you cant stay mad and you like Iron Mind and bands alike also.
Please tell me you saw Backtrack a few weeks ago and TUI sometime this month though?

Quote from Dicellol on the 14th of March 2012

I've been heaps slack lately. Haven't been to a gig (cept for my cousins band @ the local) since LOUDFEST @ the Annandale last year

KayzNOld

1,059 posts

10:36pm Mar 14th 12

All of them are horrible unless your on fibre.

FateZero

56 posts

9:59am Mar 15th 12

It really depends on the area, though Optus for stability and Telstra for fast speed.

Nukleuz

607 posts

5:42pm Mar 15th 12

INTERNODE GET ON IT ASAP!

Dicellol

3,318 posts

6:59pm Mar 15th 12

Quote from terror on the 14th of March 2012

I've been heaps slack lately. Haven't been to a gig (cept for my cousins band @ the local) since LOUDFEST @ the Annandale last year :(

Quote from Dicellol on the 14th of March 2012
Ahh yes i didn't go to loudfest i had to work. Lot of mates went though.
Trapped Under Ice was sick last week and Backtrack were cool a month or so ago.