mp_crossfire - Page: 4

Thread started by cHoObiE3 on Sunday, 7:58pm March 25th with 185 replies. Views: 14,388

0 posts

8:17pm Mar 25th 12

In terms of crossfire i thought it was a good map it was alittle different from the rest and required alot of coordination .

terrorv2

2,987 posts

8:17pm Mar 25th 12

Does anyone actually care what this european faggot thinks?

cHoObiE3

126 posts

8:18pm Mar 25th 12

A bunch of bullshit typed up doesn't justify its removal at all

Quote from Millah on the 25th of March 2012

So why was it removed? cause it's a no skill no strat map? Define skill for me please. You haven't actually explained to me why the map was removed? Please enlighten me so I have more of an idea of what's happening in your community.

Removing a map from the map pool JUST because the same 5 maps get stale is a terrible reason. If you REALLY wanted to add more life in to the map pool you'd add extra maps instead of removing one of the stock maps that's been around for years. Seriously seems like some people liked the map and some people hated it, then its removed because the people in power removed it.

And please enough with the 'we're better than you euro' shit - I don't give a monkeys if you're better than us, which is something I pretty much doubt anyway (I'd love to prove that to you one day). It has nothing to do with this thread so you should never have brought it up and began insulting me.

Irrespective of whether mp_season is bad or not, crossfire should never have been removed.

And carnage didn't pay me anything btw :-) - I do paid lessons all the time but they asked me to help them out a bit and so I did in my free time as I was up late.

RiCKOS

717 posts

8:19pm Mar 25th 12

I was told by a few guys from auscod that you guys dropped crossfire from the map pool...

That's such a retarded decision - and what's more retarded is how you've put in another map that's 10x worse than crossfire (it's actually a pretty good map) - wtf is mp_season ? Why is it being played competitively? cluster is borderline good so I understand a little why you'd incorporate it in to competitive play, but mp_season is just horrible. Seriously, who's making these decisions... Was this really a choice made by all the top players?

Quote from spreik on the 25th of March 2012
Maybe these maps dont suit your spastic, no strat, no skill strats you euro's seem to have

Quote from Millah on the 25th of March 2012

LOL MILLAH

Quote from cHoObiE3 on the 25th of March 2012
dont hold back or anything millah kk?

INSTINCT~

146 posts

8:19pm Mar 25th 12

They're both shit but I would rather have the new-er map in the pool over the old shit. Season > Crossfire

terrorv2

2,987 posts

8:20pm Mar 25th 12

Irrespective of whether mp_season is bad or not, crossfire should never have been removed.

why do you think the opinion of some virgin from the uk holds any sway in australia?

motion

8,872 posts

8:20pm Mar 25th 12

If your only impression of the map is from what you've seen with carnage, you haven't seen the map at it's best.

As far as 'no skill', i'd say Australia relies a lot more on teamwork as opposed to individual skill and crossfire is pretty much the anti-teamwork map. Being a sped and running straight down/up the street through smoke with an SMG is more effective than trying to roll out as a team.

Maybe that's not how it is in Europe, but that's how it is here.

s2d

4,734 posts

8:21pm Mar 25th 12

Season is a terrible map on CSS and it's even worse of CoD4.

mr precision

2,990 posts

8:21pm Mar 25th 12

So why was it removed? cause it's a no skill no strat map? Define skill for me please. You haven't actually explained to me why the map was removed? Please enlighten me so I have more of an idea of what's happening in your community.

www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/333706/Bring-some-life-back-to-Cod4/

www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/339739/MP_Season-Viable/

also, off-topic, cg should have a separate forum for like 07/08 accounts cos the amount of constructive input/conversation provided by 09/10+ accounts probably totals 1 post every 5 threads lmao

0 posts

8:22pm Mar 25th 12

www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/p5763748#5763748

Quote from DevilsD on the 25th of March 2012

^ Possible solution to season when finished. Development has been a community effort, with many players offering decent suggestions.

unbone

3,431 posts

8:23pm Mar 25th 12

mp_zanzibar viable?!?

RiCKOS

717 posts

8:24pm Mar 25th 12

If your only impression of the map is from what you've seen with carnage, you haven't seen the map at it's best.

Quote from motion on the 25th of March 2012
we dont know the shit map first to admit that. We dislike it (not saying everyone does) sooo we enlightened choobie on this new map.

RiGZ

896 posts

I was told by a few guys from auscod that you guys dropped crossfire from the map pool...

That's such a retarded decision - and what's more retarded is how you've put in another map that's 10x worse than crossfire (it's actually a pretty good map) - wtf is mp_season ? Why is it being played competitively? cluster is borderline good so I understand a little why you'd incorporate it in to competitive play, but mp_season is just horrible. Seriously, who's making these decisions... Was this really a choice made by all the top players?

Choobie @ b00k_city here.

Completely agree. Fantastic map, some of the best games i've ever seen have been on Crossfire. Adds a great variety to the pace game.

It's actually a much more strategic map then most people think, most just have no idea how to play it properly.

Hydrah

3,244 posts

also, off-topic, cg should have a separate forum for like 07/08 accounts cos the amount of constructive input/conversation provided by 09/10+ accounts probably totals 1 post every 5 threads lmao

Quote from tm on the 25th of March 2012

Dragnv2

2,426 posts

As far as 'no skill', i'd say Australia relies a lot more on teamwork as opposed to individual skill and crossfire is pretty much the anti-teamwork map. Being a sped and running straight down/up the street through smoke with an SMG is more effective than trying to roll out as a team.

Quote from motion on the 25th of March 2012
Definitely agree. I probably wouldn't even have minded if it was mp_shitferno to replace crossfire just because of it's teamwork reliance. Hope crossfire never comes back to the map pool.