mp_crossfire - Page: 5

Thread started by cHoObiE3 on Sunday, 7:58pm March 25th with 185 replies. Views: 14,391

Hazzv2

3,654 posts

8:24pm Mar 25th 12

also, off-topic, cg should have a separate forum for like 07/08 accounts cos the amount of constructive input/conversation provided by 09/10+ accounts probably totals 1 post every 5 threads lmao

Quote from tm on the 25th of March 2012

0 posts

8:25pm Mar 25th 12

So why was it removed? cause it's a no skill no strat map? Define skill for me please. You haven't actually explained to me why the map was removed? Please enlighten me so I have more of an idea of what's happening in your community.

www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/333706/Bring-some-life-back-to-Cod4/

www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/339739/MP_Season-Viable/

also, off-topic, cg should have a separate forum for like 07/08 accounts cos the amount of constructive input/conversation provided by 09/10+ accounts probably totals 1 post every 5 threads lmao

Quote from cHoObiE3 on the 25th of March 2012

'rhys

1,479 posts

8:26pm Mar 25th 12

How about we just all agree that COD4 is shit and lets all move over to CS:GO!

Markv2

1,765 posts

RiCKOS

717 posts

HAVE A FUCKING SEAT :-)

SyNiC

2,765 posts

8:27pm Mar 25th 12

Nothing wrong with season

Shit idiot teams with no idea how to work as a team crying about it.

I love crossfire, but i like having a refreshing new map to play

Markv2

1,765 posts

So why was it removed? cause it's a no skill no strat map? Define skill for me please. You haven't actually explained to me why the map was removed? Please enlighten me so I have more of an idea of what's happening in your community.

Quote from funkeyy on the 25th of March 2012
www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/333706/Bring-some-life-back-to-Cod4/

www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/339739/MP_Season-Viable/

Was just about to tell him to stfu too.

cHoObiE3

126 posts

If your only impression of the map is from what you've seen with carnage, you haven't seen the map at it's best.

As far as 'no skill', i'd say Australia relies a lot more on teamwork as opposed to individual skill and crossfire is pretty much the anti-teamwork map. Being a sped and running straight down/up the street through smoke with an SMG is more effective than trying to roll out as a team.

Maybe that's not how it is in Europe, but that's how it is here.

Quote from motion on the 25th of March 2012

I've actually seen season played in Europe before and it looked terrible. I took a look around with carnage and it's incomparable with any of the normal cod4 maps. Looks and feels terrible, promotes the most awkward strats, has limited rotation, etc etc etc.

And crossfire requires a LOAD of teamwork, I don't understand how anyone can overlook that... It's a complex map and from what I've been reading you guys didn't really bother learning it at all. The map should be even BETTER without red dots...

mr precision

2,990 posts

^ never said my posts were good its just fucking awful seeing what the 10+accs have to say about everything, also [SPOILER=SPOILER: Click to view]haz u mad i registered before u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SPOILER]

terrorv2

2,987 posts

How about we just all agree that COD4 is shit and lets all move over to CS:GO!

Quote from 'rhys on the 25th of March 2012

enjoy your console game.

Hazzv2

3,654 posts

8:28pm Mar 25th 12

haz u mad i registered before u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get to claim funkey's register date as my own cos we live together, mad?

baniv2

2,283 posts

8:30pm Mar 25th 12

Shit idiot teams with no idea how to work as a team crying about it.

Quote from SyNiC on the 25th of March 2012

shut the fuck up. Your team skill and team work is on par with the rest of aus cod so dont start with that shit.

[QUOTE=cHoObiE3 on the 25th of March 2012]

There already is one, they call it the "Vet" forum.

Millah

3,522 posts

8:30pm Mar 25th 12

We have seven maps in our list Choobie.... You have no idea at all about what is going on in our community. I could come into tek-9 forums and bag u guys for playing the same 5 shit maps... You know why i dont? Because its not my community, i have no idea whats happening over there, and im not a moron.

The reason why crossfire is a terrible map.. you throw 2 smokes down the street and then its a battle of which smg sped rushes the best. The map is one narrow corridor and you can scope them within 5 seconds on the cross from either side. You can plant the B bomb in about 10-15 seconds, not to mention the ridiculous spawn building which the scopes just camp in and can see pretty much the whole map. Basically the map requires no team work at all and is sped rushing to its max.

You learnt Season from Carnage? Nice bro, real nice. No offense to Carnage but they are a cga, low cgm team. Maybe try learning it from a decent team and see how its played at the top level. Do you think we are just clueless idiots and added it for something different without intense testing? We actually have a huge admin team spread over all of the top teams and a couple of the lower top tier ones, no decision made is biased at all.

You say it seems like a lot of people didn't want crossfire removed... You can't base anything off threads like this, majority of the people who post in it are CGo players who have never played at the top level, haven't been playing from the start, and haven't played that shit map to death.

Crossfire is not the most complex map, that point you made there just shows how clueless you really are. It's the most basic and open map there is, hence the spastic rushing.

U really didn't just say that Season has no opportunity to rotate on it did you? Jesus christ... what teams did you actually watch play this in Europe?

RiCKOS

717 posts

8:31pm Mar 25th 12

I was told by a few guys from auscod that you guys dropped crossfire from the map pool...

That's such a retarded decision - and what's more retarded is how you've put in another map that's 10x worse than crossfire (it's actually a pretty good map) - wtf is mp_season ? Why is it being played competitively? cluster is borderline good so I understand a little why you'd incorporate it in to competitive play, but mp_season is just horrible. Seriously, who's making these decisions... Was this really a choice made by all the top players?

Quote from RiGZ on the 25th of March 2012

Choobie @ b00k_city here.

Completely agree. Fantastic map, some of the best games i've ever seen have been on Crossfire. Adds a great variety to the pace game.

It's actually a much more strategic map then most people think, most just have no idea how to play it properly.

No need for further discussion rigz just said it kthx

RiCKOS

717 posts

8:33pm Mar 25th 12

You learnt Season from Carnage? Nice bro, real nice. No offense to Carnage but they are a cga, low cgm team.

Quote from Millah on the 25th of March 2012
Now im not sure if thick or what, but we DIDNT do anything to do with season