mp_crossfire - Page: 10

Thread started by cHoObiE3 on Sunday, 7:58pm March 25th with 185 replies. Views: 14,389

baniv2

2,283 posts

9:09pm Mar 25th 12

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/9612/shot0244.jpg
Yeah, everyone but you brang it back.

Quote from jMc on the 25th of March 2012

Getting spammed on xfire by peps... i actually still <3 u.

Cluster is the biggest cluster fuck of a map (cwhatididthar), so many open choke points, and such a biased defence with that OP wall at B, and endless places to hide and watch bomb at A.

Quote from Presto on the 25th of March 2012

Not that im trying to give you shit here but that is soooooooooo wrong presto :S

The map is easy to play IF you know where to smoke, nade, push and control.

Season is the more fucked up map between the 2... Cant shoot thru boxes, spots where the other team cant pick you off, bullshit passage ways ect.

cluster > season

If you admins had a clue you would lock the shit thread, Get a poll going on the map then decide what to do with the results as in pick another map/keep season or use cross again. Is it really that hard to do?? You cant pick what a few teams want but more so what everyone wants AKA the community.. - i dont mean that in a bad way btw...
This BS wont end till somethings actually done....

ggsnipes

2,406 posts

9:10pm Mar 25th 12

Anyone that thinks attack is much easier has never taken a second to think about map control and how to utilize it. Crossfire is actually one of the best maps in the game where map control is everything. It requires a lot of team work to gain it against good teams who know what they are doing on it.

Quote from RiGZ on the 25th of March 2012
Quite true, since the defence side is easy to dominate in if you basically know what you are doing. Only liked playing on Crossfire just because of defence. Other than that, never really enjoyed the map.

Kizmmit_

306 posts

9:13pm Mar 25th 12

To say that different regions play it differently and therefore makes the map itself any worse/better is just wrong, the metagame should be continually shifting and changing within itself, if your style of playing crossfire is not suited toward crossfire, you play it differently. Having inherent problems within your own game play style isn't a reason to dislike or remove a map.

I swear there are a lot of people on these forums that think that because they can click better than others they have some sort of clairvoyance that makes all other opinions moot and void when in reality their arguments and discussions are heavily flawed, however they won't even realize because their ego is inflated to a ridiculous extent.

@choobie don't bother trying to constructively discuss anything with auscod, their heads are far too big for criticism

hektik

8,720 posts

9:13pm Mar 25th 12

All of the MF CGm victories, the key to our Crossfire being one of our strongest maps was because we had mastered how to control defence.
Crossfire is actually one of the best maps in the game where map control is everything.

Is this why you continue to use a discontinued Crossfire in all the lans you manage?

Presto

2,600 posts

9:16pm Mar 25th 12

Cluster is the biggest cluster fuck of a map (cwhatididthar), so many open choke points, and such a biased defence with that OP wall at B, and endless places to hide and watch bomb at A.

Quote from bani on the 25th of March 2012

Not that im trying to give you shit here but that is soooooooooo wrong presto :S

The map is easy to play IF you know where to smoke, nade, push and control.

Season is the more fucked up map between the 2... Cant shoot thru boxes, spots where the other team cant pick you off, bullshit passage ways ect.

cluster > season

Quote from Presto on the 25th of March 2012
Not trying to give you shit here, but you are sooooooooo wrong bani :S
Season is easy to play IF you know where to smoke, nade, push and control

Cluster is the more fucked up map between the 2 because... cant shoot through concrete blocks, spots where other team cant pick you off, bullshit mid passage ways etc.

Season > Cluster

launch old

227 posts

9:16pm Mar 25th 12

I hate the crossfire is a one sided map argument. It's as balanced as any other map. It's as easy to smoke mid street, get in and plant to B as easy as it is to nade it and wallbang it.

And I understand seeing it not being in some map rotations because people favour the obvious map choices and the custom maps because the old maps are overplayed to shit, but when I see Backlot in a rotation and not Crossfire I really wonder why, because Backlot is a bad map for snd

QWERTz

801 posts

9:18pm Mar 25th 12

We are also tired of having the same 5 maps being played over and over again. But we literally do not add maps that aren't good enough. Season doesn't look good enough, it has bugs from what I could tell and on top of that there are a load of underground paths, random ladders, misplaced objects lying all over the map and from my first impressions rotating takes longer as you have way more to worry about. If you work methodically to one bombsite as a team [WITH TEAMWORK] you will take at least one minute leaving 45 seconds for you to actually clear out a bombsite filled with 20 wooden boxes.

Quote from cHoObiE3 on the 25th of March 2012

As I stated just before, you're making a terribly high amount of assumptions as to how the map is played when even you admitted to not playing the map anywhere near as much as those who made the decision.

And the way you've described crossfire makes me wonder whether you've ever crawled out from under your rock and watched proper teams play it or follow any of the major European events (no, not just with euro teams, but with South African teams, North American teams, etc, so go ahead, insult nearly every continent and call them shit too, get your head out of your own arse) where crossfire was played. No wonder you guys aren't even the best team in AUS :((((

No I think you need to get you need to think about a few things more clearly before you judge us.
You're coming here and criticising the decisions made and then you go out and criticise Millah on not understanding how you Euro's play this map?? As stated numerous times in this thread, Crossfire is played completely different to the way you play it. Sorry to burst your bubble but this is Australia, not Europe.
But to make it worse, you then assume Season is played in a particular way when you haven't even played it the way we have!!! The amount of hypocrisy here is amazing. You who asked Millah to watch how Euro's play a certain map..

Let me get this straight, I respect the achievements you've gained and my arguments here are not meant to be personal or some pissing contest between Aus v Euro. It just seems that the arguments you are stating are either not grounded or irrelevent and just seem to reek of ignorance.

RiGZ

896 posts

9:19pm Mar 25th 12

All of the MF CGm victories, the key to our Crossfire being one of our strongest maps was because we had mastered how to control defence.
Crossfire is actually one of the best maps in the game where map control is everything.

Quote from hektik on the 25th of March 2012
Is this why you continue to use a discontinued Crossfire in all the lans you manage?

ESGN will continue to use the map rotation used in the highest level of competition globally. We won't make the mistake of putting in unproven competitive maps for the sake of change until they are proven over a lengthy period of time.

cHoObiE3

126 posts

9:20pm Mar 25th 12

maybe if you removed crossfire anexis wouldn't win everything?

trololol

two can play that game, it's kinda frustrating that you instantly start posting like the rest of the morons this community is unfortunately host too

Quote from motion on the 25th of March 2012

Unfortunately you can't play that game, we beat them 4x in a row in every important cup and they bottled it at LAN coming 12-14th while we won the event.

--------

In any case, I won't interfere with your community at all, but I'll happily follow it and see you guys suffer playing average maps and never really improving. The fact that I've received dozens of CG mail and loads of people spamming me on xfire from your community telling me how right I am (no, not the crappy players too, loads of the 'better' players, CGi or w.e. u call it lol) means you should seriously look at your decision making and just who's making them. The fact that you remove a map that's worked for so long in every other community just because you aussies play differently and needed something fresh is pretty much shocking. Especially when mp_season seems below par. I think it's quite safe to say that it's fairly easy to tell whether a map is good or not if you've spent a few hours watching people play it and then spent an hour on strat mode actually looking at strats.

1. Played this map like we have.
2. Haven't played Crossfire the way it is played in Australia.
3. Do not have understand the state this community is.

Quote from QWERTz

1. We played the same map didn't we?
2. We played the same map for two/three years didn't we?
3. I do not have understand the state this community is, that's for sure. But I did feel like starting a discussion and seeing what everyone thought about the subject. And to me, it still seems like crossfire shouldn't have been removed. Whether season should have been added, I'm not sure but I have real doubts as to why crossfire was actually removed judging by your thoughts on the map lmfao

To say that different regions play it differently and therefore makes the map itself any worse/better is just wrong, the metagame should be continually shifting and changing within itself, if your style of playing crossfire is not suited toward crossfire, you play it differently. Having inherent problems within your own game play style isn't a reason to dislike or remove a map.

I swear there are a lot of people on these forums that think that because they can click better than others they have some sort of clairvoyance that makes all other opinions moot and void when in reality their arguments and discussions are heavily flawed, however they won't even realize because their ego is inflated to a ridiculous extent.

Quote from Kizmitt

He's right btw, there's no real difference in how you play compared to Euro's other than the fact your strats and ideas on the game are about 2 years behind the rest.

And lastly I insinuated that you were bad. I don't think I ever wrote it. And if I did, I meant it. But for you to end with judging the euro community for 'playing with red dots' and '5 maps,' let alone all the other shit you write in the threads that have anything euro... well, dunno what to say other than I'm damn sure any top 10 team in Europe would smash you with or without red dots. The game is easier without them believe it or not. But you seem to be under the impression that we can't handle any map other than the 5 we're currently playing, and that our eyes are locked on to the minimap like red dots magically transform the game. They don't lol.

I have nothing against the AUS community but to see such debate on a decision that should have been unanimous really makes me wonder what the hell's going on in your community.

chalupa batman

735 posts

9:24pm Mar 25th 12

The amount of people putting European players on a pedestal is disgusting

QWERTz

801 posts

9:27pm Mar 25th 12

He's right btw, there's no real difference in how you play compared to Euro's other than the fact your strats and ideas on the game are about 2 years behind the rest.

And lastly I insinuated that you were bad. I don't think I ever wrote it. And if I did, I meant it. But for you to end with judging the euro community for 'playing with red dots' and '5 maps,' let alone all the other shit you write in the threads that have anything euro... well, dunno what to say other than I'm damn sure any top 10 team in Europe would smash you with or without red dots. The game is easier without them believe it or not. But you seem to be under the impression that we can't handle any map other than the 5 we're currently playing, and that our eyes are locked on to the minimap like red dots magically transform the game. They don't lol.

Oh so confident. Put your money where your mouth is.

Nvidia 2012. Be there

terrorv2

2,987 posts

9:27pm Mar 25th 12

I have nothing against the AUS community but to see such debate on a decision that should have been unanimous really makes me wonder what the hell's going on in your community.

Worst thing Jeremy ever did was let the unwashed gronks from Europe have a CG.

cHoObiE3

126 posts

9:28pm Mar 25th 12

No I think you need to get you need to think about a few things more clearly before you judge us.
You're coming here and criticising the decisions made and then you go out and criticise Millah on not understanding how you Euro's play this map?? As stated numerous times in this thread, Crossfire is played completely different to the way you play it. Sorry to burst your bubble but this is Australia, not Europe.
But to make it worse, you then assume Season is played in a particular way when you haven't even played it the way we have!!! The amount of hypocrisy here is amazing. You who asked Millah to watch how Euro's play a certain map..

Let me get this straight, I respect the achievements you've gained and my arguments here are not meant to be personal or some pissing contest between Aus v Euro. It just seems that the arguments you are stating are either not grounded or irrelevent and just seem to reek of ignorance.

Quote from QWERTz on the 25th of March 2012

I didn't ever go out and criticize Millah on 'not understanding how Euro's play crossfire.' I clearly outlined the fact that everyone else has been able to cope with mp_crossfire and understand that there's more to the map than meets the eye, but Millah's post literally exemplified the fact that he takes the game at face value, something that I don't appreciate at all - especially when it comes from one of the 'bigger' players of your community.

Maybe the same applies to mp_season, I admit I was a bit hasty in calling the map a pile of junk. But then again, I did the same for the majority of custom maps and I see no different for this one. Not saying I didn't give them a chance, either. I played loads of maps and always try to show optimism in the map's development / trial runs but unfortunately they always seem to be cluttered, clunky, and rarely shares similarities to the stock CoD maps other than the fact that it's played on CoD4 and shares certain objects / architecture.

motion

8,872 posts

9:32pm Mar 25th 12

1. We played the same map didn't we?
2. We played the same map for two/three years didn't we?

I still don't think you quite understand how different the play style is, you're really looking past it. Pretty much all this 'argument' is now is both of us presenting our opinions on crossfire.

Our argument: if crossfire wasn't a mess in Australia, it would still be in the rotation.
Your argument: crossfire is a complex teamwork based map

You can see how we'll never agree on anything when we've clearly got two different opinions on the map right?

As far as the decision not being 'unanimous'; it was. We have an admin panel just like your Vita Nova. If you were to introduce customs, you wouldn't be using a public poll on tek-9.. yet you suggest we do.

Millah

3,522 posts

9:32pm Mar 25th 12

LOL are u kidding? Our strats from out top 1-4 teams seem far greater than yours... Where are you getting this information from?

dunno what to say other than I'm damn sure any top 10 team in Europe would smash you with or without red dots.

No no no and no.

The game is easier without them believe it or not.

I think hes actually trolling now right?

How many times do you have to be told that what happens in these threads doesn't reflect the majority of our community? 90 percent of the posters consist of CGo trolls, ex cheaters and people without high competitive experience.

The fact that I've received dozens of CG mail and loads of people spamming me on xfire from your community telling me how right I am (no, not the crappy players too, loads of the 'better' players, CGi or w.e. u call it lol) means you should seriously look at your decision making and just who's making them.

Please oh please oh please give us a list of the Top CGi players that have pm'd you! LOL, now i know your just trolling. I guarantee you this didn't happen and your blatantly lying to try and prove a point that is wrong!