$30,000 Shadowloo Showdown - M...

$30,000 Shadowloo Showdown - Melb starting 4th May

$30,000 Shadowloo Showdown - Melb starting 4th May

Thread started by Talnoy on Tuesday, 9:09am May 1st with 22 replies. Views: 1,096

Talnoy

5,018 posts

9:09am May 1st 12

With the signing of ShangTsung to the Vox Eminor team we will be heading down to Melbourne this weekend to compete in the Shadowloo Showdown event. Top fighters from around the world including fighters from Evil Geniuses, Complexity Gaming, Team Razer and many more are flying in to compete. It will be a mountain to climb as Haz heads down to take on the worlds best but id like to invite you all down to come and show support for not just Haz but the other Australian fighters who will be giving it their all against the best in the world.

www.cqmelbourne.com.au/images/stories/random/CQ%20exterior.jpg

The event will be held at CQ on 113 Queen Street in the city, which is a hotel with a bar and function rooms so if your keen to stay in the city all you have to do is mention "Shadowloo Showdown 2012" when you call to book a room to get a the $129AUD a night "Special Rate".

For more information on the event go to:

www.shadowlooshowdown.com and to check out the fighting scene also visit http://www.shadowloo.com

0 posts

9:15am May 1st 12

Already going, so hype at the moment in the Melbourne community, glad to see Shang get picked up, most solid Bison in Australia.

Already planning to go 0-2 and with my luck i'll pull somebody like fchamp or Jwong in pools...

Guni

694 posts

9:23am May 1st 12

Seems intense, best of luck to all.

Antonio

6,994 posts

9:26am May 1st 12

No PC comps?

Crow.

5,499 posts

9:30am May 1st 12

Playing a fighting game on PC is actually pretty retarded, they're designed for arcade machines and consoles.
Hence why there'd be no pc comps

Cozmiq

2,704 posts

9:31am May 1st 12

Looks like an awesome event, wish i wasn't going home :(
CQ is an awesome venue.

Antonio

6,994 posts

9:31am May 1st 12

Playing a fighting game on PC is actually pretty retarded, they're designed for arcade machines and consoles.

Quote from Crow. on the 1st of May 2012
I know that.. just would of thought having 30k prize money they could of thrown some at a PC comp of some sort.

0 posts

9:34am May 1st 12

Quote from Antonio on the 1st of May 2012
I know that.. just would of thought having 30k prize money they could of thrown some at a PC comp of some sort.

Quote from Crow. on the 1st of May 2012
Went through the equipment list just then and they have plenty of spare arcade sticks and controllers, so if you're used to either of those but have a PC then dont worry you can still play, but on the other hand if you use a keyboard then you're kind of screwed, unless you have on modded to work with an xbox then its not going to work.

tl;dr consoles > PCs for fighting games in competitions due to release dates and sticks.

Burnsyy.

1,854 posts

10:09am May 1st 12

I might already be going so im so excited!!

0 posts

11:23am May 1st 12

I might already be going so im so excited!! :)

Quote from Buurnsyy. on the 1st of May 2012
What games you entering in :)?

Sayer

321 posts

12:03pm May 1st 12

Poongko for hype. JW for magic. Fuudo to take it.

Is that the entire Jap community coming down? I'm pretty sure we had more of them last year, we do however, have more Americans and Europeans.

Masochistic

2,356 posts

12:04pm May 1st 12

Looks good, hopefully an Australian wins it.

Darby (Quit)

1,938 posts

12:41pm May 1st 12

hopefully an Australian wins it.

Quote from Masochistic on the 1st of May 2012

terrorv2

2,987 posts

1:35pm May 1st 12

is this real life?

$30k prizes and it's not even for real games, or gaming platforms.

0 posts

4:56pm May 1st 12

is this real life?

$30k prizes and it's not even for real games, or gaming platforms.

Quote from terror on the 1st of May 2012
Fighting games are the most watched/played competitive wise behind RTS and MOBA games...

FPS' are dying if you haven't noticed.