Game of Thrones Discussion

Game of Thrones Discussion

Game of Thrones Discussion - Page: 26

Thread started by Sensuki on Monday, 1:21pm April 18th with 416 replies. Views: 26,801

Kale_ModTech

58 posts

7:19pm May 5th 12

You mean it's worth getting if you want to waste money and line the pockets of a few executives.

In reality people are just better off reading the books.

Quote from l_w_88 on the 5th of May 2012
No, if I meant that, I wouldve said it.

See some people aren't just cynical fuckwits and like to own things related to their interests, its a weird concept but you might grasp it one day.

l_w_88

6,679 posts

9:09pm May 5th 12

You just admitted you're only buying it because it's related to game of thrones. Kinda just supporting my argument that mindless consumerism is a pathetic pastime.

Kale_ModTech

58 posts

8:01pm May 7th 12

Where did I say I was buying it?

So if you dont buy anything that is related to your interests, you wouldn't own a computer or any games, no consoles, no tv, you wouldnt have any possessions. You are an idiot.

Anyway, back to Game of Thrones, tonights episode was a good one, you guys can read the review Here

RexYnator

3,720 posts

8:50pm May 7th 12

Was a good episode indeed however,
[SPOILER=SPOILER: Click to view]The taking of Winterfell felt kinda rushed and why dont we see any massive battles, but the uprising in kings landing was decent[/SPOILER]

Kale_ModTech

58 posts

9:21pm May 7th 12

Was a good episode indeed however,
[SPOILER=SPOILER: Click to view]The taking of Winterfell felt kinda rushed and why dont we see any massive battles, but the uprising in kings landing was decent[/SPOILER]

Quote from RexYnator on the 7th of May 2012
Yeah I am pretty sure they are saving all their battle budget for the battle of blackwater bay, episode 8 i believe that is, should be epic.

terrorv2

2,987 posts

9:33pm May 7th 12

Fuck season 2 and deviations from the book.

The people that haven't read the books and watch the show are retarded. Even heard this as a justification as to not reading them

"I've bought the books, but don't want to read them because it will ruin the show."

Haven't watched the show in a while, is it still up to the same standard that has been set in season 1?

Quote from ska' on the 5th of May 2012

At the moment I would say no...

I haven't read the books..... for exactly the reason above...

Quote from Barnzy on the 5th of May 2012

You're an idiot then, because the show sucks dick compared to the books.

ska'

2,845 posts

4:35pm May 8th 12

The people that haven't read the books and watch the show are retarded. Even heard this as a justification as to not reading them

"I've bought the books, but don't want to read them because it will ruin the show."

Haven't watched the show in a while, is it still up to the same standard that has been set in season 1?

Quote from terror on the 7th of May 2012

Why??

I don't have the time to read the books.. I still enjoy the show immensely.

deception345

746 posts

5:25pm May 8th 12

Currently watching Season 2 Episode 6, THIS SHITS INTENSE!!!

terrorv2

2,987 posts

10:30pm May 8th 12

Why??

Quote from ska' on the 8th of May 2012

What do you mean why? Do you have a disability?

In the history of forever, screen adaptions of books are never better.

Deltz

2,039 posts

11:05pm May 8th 12

Quote from ska' on the 8th of May 2012

Quote from terror on the 7th of May 2012

Why??

I don't have the time to read the books.. I still enjoy the show immensely.

Don't have time to read the books, yet if you did begin reading you will somehow catchup and surpass where the show is at to 'ruin' it?

Lmao. Go read game of Thrones and Clash of Kings by Monday plz.

mauseum

5,687 posts

7:06am May 9th 12

Who cares if the show isn't as good as the books, just enjoy it for what it is.

Syrim

2,583 posts

10:35am May 9th 12

When has a movie or mini-series ever been as good as the books?

HBO have done a pretty decent job with the series so far.

NickyDee

2,989 posts

3:12pm May 9th 12

^ Agreed with the above 2 comments.

Books and Films are two completely different forms of story telling, and we tend to get more engrossed in books so when a film is made from a book story we always feel it doesn't quite live up to it - which in reality, it NEVER will because they are intrinsically different.

For a TV show about a complicated fantasy book series, Game of Thrones (tv) is fucking amazing. These actors and scenes bring to life the essence of the books, if not their exact reflection.

deception345

746 posts

3:23pm May 9th 12

I have never read the books, not a big reader but I would love to get into them sometime soon. I really do like the series, they always seem to deliver exactly what I'm looking for in a series every episode. But in regard to the book and series issue.

You can't compare the Books and Series, they totally different in the regard that the books are different with every person. Ones creativity is different and they perceive them different in there mind but the story line is still there, if that makes sense.

For example, NickyDee might think Rob Stark is some super beefed up guy, However I think of him as a hair but average build. Yes, I am aware that sounds really gay haha. None the less you can understand where I am coming from (I hope).

But like I said, I haven't read the books yet, this is just my experience when I read some books and then see the movie.

terrorv2

2,987 posts

6:29pm May 9th 12

You can't compare the Books and Series, they totally different in the regard that the books are different with every person. Ones creativity is different and they perceive them different in there mind but the story line is still there, if that makes sense.

Quote from deceptioN` on the 9th of May 2012

It's not a matter of that at all (I understand what you mean though). They have completely changed chunks of the story, left out crucial elements and included their own shit that never happened.

Coolstuff.