exmosounds ft. Jimmyyy - Impre...

exmosounds ft. Jimmyyy - Impressions

exmosounds ft. Jimmyyy - Impressions - Page: 5

Thread started by Jimmyxy on Friday, 9:51pm May 11th with 83 replies. Views: 2,970

essan

512 posts

12:00pm May 16th 12

[SPOILER=SPOILER: Click to view]

lol makes me laugh... if you were a musician you would at least have the critical knowledge to analyse the music for yourself. instead of trolling this thread.

Quote from Jimmyxy on the 16th of May 2012
I bet if I posted any of the 10 min+ symphonic/Japanese melodeath I've written you wouldn't even bother listening to it, or you'd listen and offer some kind of boring criticism that I would likely ignore because I wouldn't care what you thought about it.

And no I'm not posting it for you, because it's still in midi format; I'd rather post it when it's actually recorded. If you want proof that I've actually written it, here:

[SPOILER=Proof: Click to view]
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/lilfabio/song1-1.png

Here's a screenshot of just one song. It's been uploaded at a low res because photobucket's gay, but there are 225 bars at 75/100 tempo (mostly 4/4 but some 6/8 and 3/4), 18 tracks (and that's only because of the limitations of midi format)

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/lilfabio/albumdrafts.png

And here's the folder that I keep all my album drafts in. Almost all of them are just as thickly textured as the song above, and most are similar in length.

It's also worth noting that none of them are written in a simple verse/chorus format, and have many, many non-repeating sections.
[/SPOILER]
Now, what were you saying about doubting my musicianship, Mr. 'I can make house gud'? Nice use of 4-part counterpoint in your song by the way LOL

Quote from alice on the 16th of May 2012
your right i probably wouldnt listen to it.. although i would have the decency to not reply to it if i have no recognition for the genre, unlike you and a few others on this thread. Who said anything about 4-part counterpoint in this song. parrallel 5ths and octaves are actually allowed in popular music.

exactly our point, if we dont like something whether its cause we dont like the genre or whatever the case might be, we dont stomp all over the person who created it, we offer any constructive criticism to help them, or nothing at all.
All you trolls need to grow up and learn decency. Thats not aimed at you btw anom.

anomaly

9,147 posts

12:05pm May 16th 12

your right i probably wouldnt listen to it.. although i would have the decency to not reply to it if i have no recognition for the genre, unlike you and a few others on this thread.

Well I can't speak for the others, but here are my only earlier posts in this thread before the one you just replied to:

are you ever going to release full songs, or just previews and teasers?

Quote from alice on the 11th of May 2012

I'd be more interested to know what musical knowledge your fans have

Quote from alice on the 12th of May 2012

What a coincidence, so am I

Quote from alice on the 15th of May 2012
[/SPOILER]
Nothing criticising the music, only criticisms of the actual attitudes and methods exmo displays; he comes across as very elitist even though he's writing music for popular consumption.

Who said anything about 4-part counterpoint in this song. parrallel 5ths and octaves are actually allowed in popular music.

Of course they are, almost every genre uses them aside from Baroque and Classical, especially metal. My point is that being a music student isn't really a big advantage if you aren't applying the techniques you've learnt in some way.

uNtx~

114 posts

12:10pm May 16th 12

Jimmy mayte, don't you play the trombone?

Jimmyxy

40 posts

12:15pm May 16th 12

Jimmy mayte, don't you play the trombone?

Quote from uNtx~ on the 16th of May 2012
i play a few instruments yes hahaha

Jimmyxy

40 posts

12:18pm May 16th 12

your right i probably wouldnt listen to it.. although i would have the decency to not reply to it if i have no recognition for the genre, unlike you and a few others on this thread.

Well I can't speak for the others, but here are my only earlier posts in this thread before the one you just replied to:

are you ever going to release full songs, or just previews and teasers?

Quote from alice on the 11th of May 2012

I'd be more interested to know what musical knowledge your fans have

Quote from alice on the 12th of May 2012

What a coincidence, so am I

Quote from alice on the 15th of May 2012
[/SPOILER]
Nothing criticising the music, only criticisms of the actual attitudes and methods exmo displays; he comes across as very elitist even though he's writing music for popular consumption.

Who said anything about 4-part counterpoint in this song. parrallel 5ths and octaves are actually allowed in popular music.

Of course they are, almost every genre uses them aside from Baroque and Classical, especially metal. My point is that being a music student isn't really a big advantage if you aren't applying the techniques you've learnt in some way.

we are using techniques.. these songs are supposed to have vocal, which would make the countermelody a lot easier haha..

essan

512 posts

2:07pm May 16th 12

only criticisms of the actual attitudes and methods exmo displays; he comes across as very elitist even though he's writing music for popular consumption.

Well when you get trolled by the same people on every thread you make saying the same shit, you tend to get pissed off and annoyed, especially when their comments arent even fkn relative, like "oh no house".

jay~

1,673 posts

2:58pm May 16th 12

Why has this thread turned into a shitstorm of fgits posting shit music.

nuke.

3,754 posts

4:36pm May 16th 12

Who ever said I'm not a house fan?
I just don't like YOUR songs. I'm sorry, it's just my opinion. Deal with it, stop getting all butthurt.

Look, if you honestly post a song that I GENUINELY like, then I'll bloody say so. So far none of them have impressed me at all. (And if you don't like that fact, then stop fucking posting on CG because for you to even post you should be expecting some sort of personal opinions from others)

PS: My snide comment was related to the terrible attitude by exmo in the other thread, and his hilarious sook over PM.

terrorv2

2,987 posts

12:20am May 17th 12

who are these fucktards?

your music is shit, leave my cybergamer.

VYYBZ~`,

6,247 posts

1:34am May 17th 12

Telling the truth is trolling now?

Did I miss something?

nuke.

3,754 posts

7:50am May 17th 12

Telling the truth is trolling now?

Did I miss something?

Quote from VYYBZ~`, on the 17th of May 2012
Or having an opinion....

VYYBZ~`,

6,247 posts

8:39pm May 17th 12

[email protected]anger cuz he cnt maek gud toone lol..

essan

512 posts

10:49pm May 17th 12

[email protected]anger cuz he cnt maek gud toone lol..

Quote from VYYBZ~`, on the 17th of May 2012

off ya go

VYYBZ~`,

6,247 posts

8:28pm May 18th 12

To better tunes?

Don't answer, rhetorical question.

Scho3y

379 posts

11:56pm May 21st 12

Sounds sick as man