Cybergamers progress - your th...

Cybergamers progress - your thoughts.

Cybergamers progress - your thoughts. - Page: 13

Thread started by BlazinBra on Monday, 3:35pm July 16th with 275 replies. Views: 9,491

Shadohhz

2,096 posts

5:28pm Jul 18th 12

Well I cannot believe I read all 12 pages but there were some great points made.

BPL's comment hit the nail on the head. The abuse admin and even staff members get is ridiculous. Yes there are some staff that do the wrong thing and should reap the consequences given to them but most of the staff do the right thing. As I have said numerous times in the past, if you have an issue with any staff member, make a support ticket, and if it is a problem with a certain admin, talk to another admin team member and it will be dealt with accordingly.

As for the people saying CG XBOX has shit mods, instead of spitting out claims with no evidence, provide reasons why you think that and how you think they should be moderating. CnC is far better than calling someone a shit cunt, which seems to be the level of mature responses I see around here. I know there are people who have a problem with me, but I couldn't care less as they have not explained there issue other then hurling abuse in a PM.

On the topic of banning people and being less/more harsh, there seems to be conflicting arguments. Some are saying we should ban harsher and others are saying let threads go until we are forced to lock them.
This is hard because you are wanting us to get to know the community and how each individual posts, rather than putting forward a set of guidelines and treating all equally. Now for me I have been around since cod 5 and I know most of the community, but for some of the newer members that are staff, have not, so it seems you are wanting us to put into action a plan that realistically would for the most part, only work in an idealistic world.

Also from what I read, it seems the only people that want more lenience with off topic posts, are the continuous offenders that derail threads. I admit there is a line that must be drawn to constitute what is too far and what is not, but that is a very fine line and if we allowed it to go to that extent, you will see even more support tickets being made. If the community was at a stage where you could post your thoughts without being abused then we would have progressed much further then we have and we wouldn't have someone leaving the admin team every 2 weeks.

This community, for the most part, is all take and no give. You all want ODC's, leagues for 4's and 5's, plus all of your support tickets solved in 5 minutes. You have got to realise there are only 8 members of the cod admin team, which is the biggest and most time consuming ladder CG XBOX has, and you wanted "older and more mature" admins but that comes with the territory that they are not going to be on 24/7 to be your personal slave. All the staff I know do a great job, that hardly ever get thanked for putting countless hours into making CG a better experience for all.

Ok well I have had my rant but to some up my opinion on CG's progress. It has come along way in terms of;
- How the site looks and functions
- The amount of cash that is being spread across more ladders then just CoD
- More competitions (ODC's)
- How quickly 4's has taken off since BOPS, and is fast becoming the preferred competitive game type.

They are the biggest positives I can think of, but the negatives are generally the same as everyone else.
- The level of maturity is beyond laughable.
- The influx of immature, keyboard warriors has really made the forums hard to bare.
- The amount of abuse towards staff, specifically admin.
- The amount of threads that are derailed/ruined by the same people.
- New people are constantly hammered with abuse because they ask a question that some find "stupid".
- The " I play leagues" superiority mentality.

Countless more but cbf typing anymore.

Freshayy

4,382 posts

5:36pm Jul 18th 12

try 2 pages..

spaarky(quit)

4,457 posts

5:41pm Jul 18th 12

As for the people saying CG XBOX has shit mods, instead of spitting out claims with no evidence, provide reasons why you think that and how you think they should be moderating. CnC is far better than calling someone a shit cunt, which seems to be the level of mature responses I see around here. I know there are people who have a problem with me, but I couldn't care less as they have not explained there issue other then hurling abuse in a PM.

Quote from Shadohhz on the 18th of July 2012
umm we gave numerous bias decisions as examples

ill repeat, Shocks got forum banned for racism for calling Fighter a dingo, and then Monkey told Rollin to go kill some whales and nothing happened, I even pmd falcano asking why he hasn't got banned and he never did end up getting banned

thats just one of the countless crap modding examples that has occured. People feel free to share your bias modding experiences !

Rodger

2,234 posts

5:43pm Jul 18th 12

Rollin is a Japanese whale hunter?

ToXiiC

2,999 posts

5:43pm Jul 18th 12

I think people need to have a lot more respect towards one another and just grow up.

Quote from Cxctus on the 16th of July 2012

Mate that will never happen sadly.

Shadohhz

2,096 posts

5:48pm Jul 18th 12

Quote from _spaarky on the 18th of July 2012
umm we gave numerous bias decisions as examples

ill repeat, Shocks got forum banned for racism for calling Fighter a dingo, and then Monkey told Rollin to go kill some whales and nothing happened, I even pmd falcano asking why he hasn't got banned and he never did end up getting banned

thats just one of the countless crap modding examples that has occured. People feel free to share your bias modding experiences !

Sorry mate, I did read that but I must have forgotten. I was on a typing rampage.

terrorv2

2,987 posts

5:48pm Jul 18th 12

Well I cannot believe I read all 12 pages but there were some great points made.

BPL's comment hit the nail on the head. The abuse admin and even staff members get is ridiculous. Yes there are some staff that do the wrong thing and should reap the consequences given to them but most of the staff do the right thing. As I have said numerous times in the past, if you have an issue with any staff member, make a support ticket, and if it is a problem with a certain admin, talk to another admin team member and it will be dealt with accordingly.

On the topic of banning people and being less/more harsh, there seems to be conflicting arguments. Some are saying we should ban harsher and others are saying let threads go until we are forced to lock them.
This is hard because you are wanting us to get to know the community and how each individual posts, rather than putting forward a set of guidelines and treating all equally. Now for me I have been around since cod 5 and I know most of the community, but for some of the newer members that are staff, have not, so it seems you are wanting us to put into action a plan that realistically would for the most part, only work in an idealistic world.

Also from what I read, it seems the only people that want more lenience with off topic posts, are the continuous offenders that derail threads. I admit there is a line that must be drawn to constitute what is too far and what is not, but that is a very fine line and if we allowed it to go to that extent, you will see even more support tickets being made. If the community was at a stage where you could post your thoughts without being abused then we would have progressed much further then we have and we wouldn't have someone leaving the admin team every 2 weeks.

This community, for the most part, is all take and no give. You all want ODC's, leagues for 4's and 5's, plus all of your support tickets solved in 5 minutes. You have got to realise there are only 8 members of the cod admin team, which is the biggest and most time consuming ladder CG XBOX has, and you wanted "older and more mature" admins but that comes with the territory that they are not going to be on 24/7 to be your personal slave. All the staff I know do a great job, that hardly ever get thanked for putting countless hours into making CG a better experience for all.

Ok well I have had my rant but to some up my opinion on CG's progress. It has come along way in terms of;
- How the site looks and functions
- The amount of cash that is being spread across more ladders then just CoD
- More competitions (ODC's)
- How quickly 4's has taken off since BOPS, and is fast becoming the preferred competitive game type.

They are the biggest positives I can think of, but the negatives are generally the same as everyone else.
- The level of maturity is beyond laughable.
- The influx of immature, keyboard warriors has really made the forums hard to bare.
- The amount of abuse towards staff, specifically admin.
- The amount of threads that are derailed/ruined by the same people.
- New people are constantly hammered with abuse because they ask a question that some find "stupid".
- The " I play leagues" superiority mentality.

Countless more but cbf typing anymore.

Did you delete my post?

Shadohhz

2,096 posts

5:49pm Jul 18th 12

No? I was typing for 30 minutes lol. I haven't moderated this thread at all.

Freshayy

4,382 posts

6:05pm Jul 18th 12

FUCK THE SYSTEM CUNTS MODS ARE AS USELESS AS A PIECE OF STRING.

make me mod ill ban every cunt

i think mods are scarred for there "rep" besides using the powers they have got to moderate our forums. its what they applied for so why u no ban people?

make me mod will be the most hated one. but as if id give a shit

edit should trial mods that are not afraid to get hated on despite how many bans they have eg me yeyyeyeye

Rodger

2,234 posts

6:09pm Jul 18th 12

Why are new people getting Forum Moderator if they don't know the community?

Freshayy

4,382 posts

6:10pm Jul 18th 12

Quote from Chuck Bass on the 18th of July 2012
d-ride falcon get mod

Turkey

1,114 posts

6:13pm Jul 18th 12

Because they are the best candidates?

Examples plz?

Shadohhz

2,096 posts

6:13pm Jul 18th 12

Well when you say new people, what length of time must someone be on CG to be classified as new? Off the top of my head, most mods have been here for atleast a year. But if they are getting before that, it must mean falcano thinks they meet his criteria.

OzFalcon

7,021 posts

6:42pm Jul 18th 12

i think mods are scarred for there "rep" besides using the powers they have got to moderate our forums. its what they applied for so why u no ban people?

edit should trial mods that are not afraid to get hated on despite how many bans they have eg me yeyyeyeye

Quote from 'Freshy on the 18th of July 2012

Ummmm... No, just no.

Freshayy

4,382 posts

6:44pm Jul 18th 12

Quote from OzFalcon on the 18th of July 2012

Ummmm... No, just no.

Quote from 'Freshy on the 18th of July 2012
fuck up cunt swear you quit....

trolls these days