Official NVIDIA Gear up for Ba...

Official NVIDIA Gear up for Battle Thread

Official NVIDIA Gear up for Battle Thread - Page: 30

Thread started by grumpyv2 on Saturday, 2:33am July 28th with 707 replies. Views: 67,636

LessQQ

354 posts

3:29am Jul 31st 12

lol classic omen, nowhere to be seen at yet another lan.... talks so much crap online too

Quote from Narkdawg on the 31st of July 2012
Omen no where to be seen?
You just had to follow the sound of his loud, raging voice and you would find him

StaceZzzZ

3,523 posts

3:39am Jul 31st 12

The specs were pretty quiet during the rounds... i didnt have too many issues calling strats either. It wasn't easy, agreed but it wasnt that hard to nudge the guy 2 seats down or write in team chat.

And considering how close we were to each other, im glad kenji wasn't able to hear me asking dutch to nade for me on citystreets... as he would've immediately known i was rushing mid. As an example.

Personal opinion* whilst Rigz is an all round nice guy his current relationship with CG was probably a large influence for ian starting that chant and im sure rigz knows that of the people that were in that crowd, the ones cheering for us would strongly disagree with his approach toward CG atm. But yeah still, "Scumbag Rigz" is a bit over the top and ian has apologised but i certainly was not surprised something like that was said.

And anyone that spoke to ian will attest he likely said that mostly for a few laughs, not to insult. And if it did insult, hes said sorry for that soo... just my thoughts

serialzOLD

5,963 posts

3:58am Jul 31st 12

And considering how close we were to each other, im glad kenji wasn't able to hear me asking dutch to nade for me on citystreets... as he would've immediately known i was rushing mid. As an example.

Quote from 1st place Stace on the 31st of July 2012
just gotta be careful how loud you comm next time bro... there was a 2v2 on backlot where you spotted a player just above you in mid mid and shouted it out, but one of the dead MF players heard you and commed where you had to be (99% sure you walked into bot mid and got smashed).

Personal opinion* whilst Rigz is an all round nice guy his current relationship with CG was probably a large influence for ian starting that chant and im sure rigz knows that of the people that were in that crowd, the ones cheering for us would strongly disagree with his approach toward CG atm. But yeah still, "Scumbag Rigz" is a bit over the top and ian has apologised but i certainly was not surprised something like that was said.

And anyone that spoke to ian will attest he likely said that mostly for a few laughs, not to insult. And if it did insult, hes said sorry for that soo... just my thoughts

Although it's your personal opinion I would say that it's an amazingly perfect summary of the situation, so until more news comes to hand there's not much point discussing it further.

anxv2

4,113 posts

4:02am Jul 31st 12

A large majority of the rounds I couldn't hear others or myself even over background noise, I imagine at times it was worse for you, but we definitely could have went without it considering it only happened on the rounds we lost. But I wish not to dwell on this anymore.

gg wp

terrorv2

2,987 posts

6:46am Jul 31st 12

Devo I couldn't be there for Sunday! Sounded like another awesome event to match the bar set in Melbourne.

Congratulations to FRAY and everyone else who took home a prize!

<3 QMX 4eva.

Looking forward to (hopefully!) another epic NVIDIA event!

Also the chanting was worthy of a small laugh the first time, but when it gets to the point where clearly neither team could communicate during the 10 second strat time it was just getting ridiculous. And when the chanting turned into taunting towards Kenji and Rigz alike, It was beyond disappointing it was just plain fucking stupid. I would have loved to have heard some of the Fray guys banter us and try to play mind games... thats one of the funnest parts of playing on LAN... but unfortunately they didn't really have a chance to say anything

Quote from a n x on the 31st of July 2012

How can you not expect it though, with the amount of hate your team has fostered within the community? No ones fault but your own.

reZ-

1,985 posts

8:45am Jul 31st 12

Also the chanting was worthy of a small laugh the first time, but when it gets to the point where clearly neither team could communicate during the 10 second strat time it was just getting ridiculous. And when the chanting turned into taunting towards Kenji and Rigz alike, It was beyond disappointing it was just plain fucking stupid. I would have loved to have heard some of the Fray guys banter us and try to play mind games... thats one of the funnest parts of playing on LAN... but unfortunately they didn't really have a chance to say anything

Quote from terror on the 31st of July 2012

How can you not expect it though, with the amount of hate your team has fostered within the community? No ones fault but your own.

Quote from a n x on the 31st of July 2012

I dont see how thats relevant what so ever... Inter-team banter during matches is great... but a whole room shouting scumbag rigz would put anyone off their game entirely.

polden

2,136 posts

9:09am Jul 31st 12

If I remember correctly that chant was met with boo's, even from the MF haters

0 posts

9:54am Jul 31st 12

Quote from stace's coach on the 31st of July 2012
just gotta be careful how loud you comm next time bro... there was a 2v2 on backlot where you spotted a player just above you in mid mid and shouted it out, but one of the dead MF players heard you and commed where you had to be (99% sure you walked into bot mid and got smashed).

Although it's your personal opinion I would say that it's an amazingly perfect summary of the situation, so until more news comes to hand there's not much point discussing it further.

well coached, sir.

OMEN1

5,938 posts

10:02am Jul 31st 12

If I remember correctly that chant was met with boo's, even from the MF haters

Quote from poldeN on the 31st of July 2012
This was correct and I did say to serialz that it was a uncalled for. Rigz was there to support his team as a manage r but also as a spectator to the game.

Now no need to harp on about this as Ian has said sorry in a post to Rigs and everyone else. I'm sure next event Ian will go to rigz, shake his hand and say sorry again ;)

lol classic omen, nowhere to be seen at yet another lan.... talks so much crap online too

Quote from LessQQ on the 31st of July 2012
Omen no where to be seen?
You just had to follow the sound of his loud, raging voice and you would find him :)

Quote from Narkdawg on the 31st of July 2012

Millah

3,522 posts

11:59am Jul 31st 12

After what Rigz has tried to do to CG it is amazing that some of you are upset at a chant that lasted for like 2 seconds...The funniest part is Kenji crying massively about it now, but last Nvidia was up front leading the charge lol.

DutchPride

885 posts

12:01pm Jul 31st 12

that chanting makes the Lan for me, no one should be complaining.
That atmosphere is something very few players get to play in. if your complaining about that then just stick to playing at home. id rather hear some witty funny chants rather than "SOIYA MATE".

big props to the boys that got behind both teams, and as always to the ring leader of it all ian auscod's "sickest kent".

great week catching up with guys from the last one, and new people as well.

kenji

3,646 posts

12:03pm Jul 31st 12

I admit it's very ironic, but having experienced it first hand. I fully regret doing it to others at the first Nvidia LAN.

Great lan!

0 posts

12:10pm Jul 31st 12

Enjoy the spring qualifier millah shitnoob

Great LAN again nvidia.

Thanks for your continuing support.

Millah

3,522 posts

12:12pm Jul 31st 12

Hey its the Showie that talks again, welcome home dude.

kenji

3,646 posts

12:15pm Jul 31st 12

Here we go