Seven dead in shooting at Wisc...

Seven dead in shooting at Wisconsin Sikh temple

Seven dead in shooting at Wisconsin Sikh temple

Thread started by SuperiorMold on Monday, 5:48am August 6th with 32 replies. Views: 1,346

SuperiorMold

1,861 posts

5:48am Aug 6th 12

OAK CREEK, Wisc. (Reuters) - A shooting during Sunday services at a Sikh temple left at least seven people dead, including a gunman, and at least three critically wounded, police and hospital officials said.
Four people were shot inside the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin in suburban Milwaukee and three outside, including a gunman killed by a police officer, said Greenfield Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt.
"This is the best information we have, and this information may change," he told reporters outside the temple.
Smiran Kaleka, the niece of one of the wounded men, said an unknown number of gunmen walked into the kitchen of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin in Oak Creek about 10:30 a.m. CDT (11.30 a.m. EDT) and started shooting. She said her mother had told her the shooters were white men.
Nalissa Wienke, a spokeswoman for Froedtert & Medical College Hospital, said three men had been brought in wounded and were in critical condition. One was in the operating room, she said.
The 20-year veteran officer who exchanged fire with the gunman was hit several times, Wentlandt said. He was taken to a hospital and is expected to survive.
Witnesses said hostages were being held inside the temple but police did not confirm this.
A man who said his father had been wounded in the incident reported that there had been multiple shooters of Caucasian descent, quoting people inside the temple. "It was a very coordinated thing," the man, identified as Amardeep Kaleka, told police.
Police, ambulances and firefighters from Oak Creek and other localities were on the scene at the temple.
"How sick do you have to be to walk into a church and shoot it up?" said Smiran Kaleka.
(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien; additional reporting by Jim Wolf and Paul Eckert in Washington; Writing by Ian Simpson; editing by Paul Thomasch and Philip Barbara)

http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-breaks-sikh-temple-wisconsin-witnesses-171142261.html

baniv2

2,283 posts

6:26am Aug 6th 12

Some pretty sick people out there :S

RIP

Little King Lowe

1,057 posts

6:30am Aug 6th 12

Why are people so messed up and sick ?
R.I.P.

terrorv2

2,987 posts

6:50am Aug 6th 12

Typical America.

freaqzz

944 posts

7:06am Aug 6th 12

American Gun Laws *Facepalm*

Vanillarorz

2,492 posts

7:10am Aug 6th 12

R.I.P

ConspiracyZz

835 posts

7:18am Aug 6th 12

R.I.P been a lot lately I don't understand why there is so many people out there that would want to take another innocent person's life away so wrong.

Stinkfist

8,141 posts

7:18am Aug 6th 12

U can't buy a batman costume but u can buy an automatic weapon and 1000 rounds of ammo in america. I think that says it all tbh.

Supreme Jay II

238 posts

7:21am Aug 6th 12

R.I.P

feignv2

1,867 posts

8:17am Aug 6th 12

Man thats awful, RIP and heart goes out to their families.

Modzv2

2,224 posts

8:17am Aug 6th 12

R.I.P So sad

Blockkyy

487 posts

8:21am Aug 6th 12

Wow that's awful.
R.I.P

natuRe

2,071 posts

8:27am Aug 6th 12