Posting relevant information *...

Posting relevant information *READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*

Posting relevant information *READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*

Thread started by Scanx on Wednesday, 4:26pm July 11th with 6 replies. Views: 1,397

Scanx

1,338 posts

4:26pm Jul 11th 12 and edited 8:44am Aug 7th 12

As many of you have seen and know, this forum (CG) is not a place that people join with the sole purpose to provide or ask for Health and Fitness advice, meaning that the existing members, most who have little to no knowledge (And think they are the next schwarzenegger) post information that is far from the truth or "Bro Science".

The people posting in this section are after legitiment answers, and don't need to be led down the wrong track on a topic they clearly have little to no knowledge in (Why else would they be asking?). When replying to a thread only post information that you are 100% is correct (And you can supply references for). We have seen enough "Broscience" (For people who don't know what this means, it is basically posting information that they believe to be true, however is not, ie. "Protein MUST be consumed within 30 minutes of a workout" or "Having a protein shake is much better then eating whole foods, such as chicken") and newcomers don't need stupid/irrelevant information. Just because someone claims to be a Personal Trainer, or have qualifications in the field does not mean that they have any knowledge at all, we all know how much trolling goes on around here.

For people posting in this section, YES we do want to help you, and YES you will get the answer you are after, however please do some research yourself to confirm what has been said is correct.

I will be burying, deleting and temp banning people that persist in posting information that is stupid or irrelevant.

Edit 7/8/2012: If anyone revives an old thread (1+ month old) with a stupid post / no contribution you will have a nice holliday..

b0bftw

4,529 posts

4:39pm Jul 11th 12

The main problem is, that most people believe it is 100% proof because they have seen it give results.
Whether or not it is backed by science, doesn't matter. As they have seen it personally.

I understand what you are trying to do, but you can't simply tell everyone to

When replying to a thread only post information that you are 100% is correct

Quote from Scanx on the 11th of July 2012

Most people on this forum only have their own experiences to go off. Kinda hard to provide 100% correct information. Especially when people will just disagree.
Either everyone is going to continue posting "non legitimate" information, or they won't post at all.
Isn't this forum to DISCUSS health and fitness. Not just answer questions.

Scanx

1,338 posts

4:46pm Jul 11th 12

I feel you are referring to different information then what i am. If you have had a personal gain from something, yeah sure, share it and people are more then welcome to give it a go. What i am more so saying by this is that the things that have been proven to be wrong by professionals however people persist in saying something incorrect, such as:

"Supplements > Food" (massive broscience, and everyone with half a brain knows this)
"Protein MUST be consumed within 30 minutes of a workout or it is a complete waste" (same as above)

My edit responding to your edit:
Yes, everyone is more then welcome to discuss things, however don't bother discussing something that can be proven wrong (more so things like i listed above as opposed to personal experiences). Discuss something, if you are wrong and there is sufficient evidence to show this, a simple "Thanks, now i am aware" or even a "Well, i find this works best for me, and even though it may not be proven to be the most efficient way, it works well for me" is in order, not a "I AM A PT ASPIRING BODYBUILDER PRO ATHLETE AND WHAT I SAY IS CORRECT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG"

mattwell

195 posts

5:57pm Jul 11th 12

Either everyone is going to continue posting "non legitimate" information, or they won't post at all.
Isn't this forum to DISCUSS health and fitness. Not just answer questions.

Quote from b0bftw on the 11th of July 2012
Only people that have correct information (by that i do not mean discussing ideas etc) that can be backed up by reputable evidence should be giving advice. I would rather have people not posting at all if all the information is false and giving those that seek advice wrong information, thankfully that is not the case (except for some). There's a difference between discussing health and fitness and giving 'broscience' advice. Its like incorrectly discussing history or something.

Scanx

1,338 posts

8:44am Aug 7th 12

Updated OP, people need to stop bumping old threads with stupid responses.

Edit 7/8/2012: If anyone revives an old thread (1+ month old) with a stupid post / no contribution you will have a nice holliday..

terrorv2

2,987 posts

9:52pm Aug 20th 12

How did a retard like this scanx idiot get mod?

Dealzz

8,756 posts

9:53pm Aug 20th 12

give me my 50 bucks back faggot