Fat Bullying

Fat Bullying - Page: 23

Thread started by NickyDee on Wednesday, 2:19pm October 3rd with 347 replies. Views: 23,985

AXN

1,479 posts

7:09pm Nov 12th 12

I've never let her physical appearance hinder our friendship in any way

Quote from l_w_88 on the 12th of November 2012
How generous of you...

start judging people by their personality rather than their appearance

Quote from AXEON on the 12th of November 2012
this is where you lost me.
why is it okay to judge someone at all? you can dislike them, or you can really not want to hang around them, but what right do you have to say that your personality, or any for that matter, is better than theirs? They live their own life the way they want, why should they be judged for that? It's the basis of human existence.

If you are happy with who you are and what you look like, then there is no reason for you to change yourself.

So why should people change their personality? You're saying one thing when you mean the opposite.

What I'm saying is that everyone should be treated equally, judging people is part of getting to know people.

You've obviously heard the saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover" correct? My point is that people should not be disliked or treated differently based on their appearance.

I'm trying to share my own opinion on the matter, don't trash my post.

Thankyou.

enRAYY

1,053 posts

7:13pm Nov 12th 12

I honestly just think that if someone makes a lifestyle choice that is more of a lazy one which results in weight gain, there is no reason for them to be tormented for that reason.
Sure, people do put in a lot of effort to get bodies that they have, it doesn't mean that just because their bodies are ''superior'' they have to put down people who focus on other things.

I'm really just against bullying in general. I was lucky enough to never fall subject to it despite the fact I was a scrawny pasty white kid at the start of high school.

IMO some peoples posts in this thread just show how unaware they are and how little people care about problems that could be right infront of them.

Quote from LIAZZZ on the 11th of November 2012
Can second this, without my high metabolic rate I would be huge.

LIAZZZ

366 posts

7:22pm Nov 12th 12

I honestly just think that if someone makes a lifestyle choice that is more of a lazy one which results in weight gain, there is no reason for them to be tormented for that reason.
Sure, people do put in a lot of effort to get bodies that they have, it doesn't mean that just because their bodies are ''superior'' they have to put down people who focus on other things.

I'm really just against bullying in general. I was lucky enough to never fall subject to it despite the fact I was a scrawny pasty white kid at the start of high school.

IMO some peoples posts in this thread just show how unaware they are and how little people care about problems that could be right infront of them.

Quote from enRAYY on the 12th of November 2012
Can second this, without my high metabolic rate I would be huge.

Quote from LIAZZZ on the 11th of November 2012

terrorv2

2,987 posts

6:43am Nov 14th 12

my boi is in size 32's

YEH BUDDY! WE did it

Quote from Geary on the 9th of November 2012

you know you're doing it right in the gym when it's your legs which limit what size jeans you can wear

33/32 br0

Quote from motion on the 9th of November 2012

my nigga

quality-

1,208 posts

7:40pm Nov 19th 12

I used to have a really bad metabolism so I was kinda chubby as a kid, but I lost weight in a matter of weeks effortlessly and it's been easy to maintain and well worth the effort and have barely regained a gut in years. As muso said it's easier to change yourself then seven billion people - and to be totally honest it's not that you deserve being called out on being fat, but you don't have the right to defend yourself when you are in the wrong.

The saddest part is the fact that the problem for you is not being overweight yourself, but instead your problem is the shit you are getting for it. Regardless of "teasing" you really need to care for your damn health. And don't blame people for being evil too, they only benefit from your reaction. I can't be bothered scouring the quote up at the moment because I'm in a rush but tall people don't get offended for being tall, and in most cases short people don't get offended for being called short. You are making yourself inferior by letting true statements about yourself let you down personally, being overweight don't make you any less equal as a person, being an idiot does.

Sorry if you don't understand but overweight people do not have any right to complain about anyone giving them shit unless they have an actual disorder that inhibits their ability to exist otherwise.

feignv2

1,867 posts

7:43pm Nov 19th 12

I used to have a really bad metabolism so I was kinda chubby as a kid

Quote from qutey on the 19th of November 2012
I'm not sure that was the reason there mate

tall people don't get offended for being tall, and in most cases short people don't get offended for being called short.

yeah it seems many short people are insecure about their height and would be offended or hurt

nice bump though

NickyDee

2,989 posts

8:21pm Nov 19th 12

I used to have a really bad metabolism so I was kinda chubby as a kid, but I lost weight in a matter of weeks effortlessly and it's been easy to maintain and well worth the effort and have barely regained a gut in years. As muso said it's easier to change yourself then seven billion people - and to be totally honest it's not that you deserve being called out on being fat, but you don't have the right to defend yourself when you are in the wrong.

The saddest part is the fact that the problem for you is not being overweight yourself, but instead your problem is the shit you are getting for it. Regardless of "teasing" you really need to care for your damn health. And don't blame people for being evil too, they only benefit from your reaction. I can't be bothered scouring the quote up at the moment because I'm in a rush but tall people don't get offended for being tall, and in most cases short people don't get offended for being called short. You are making yourself inferior by letting true statements about yourself let you down personally, being overweight don't make you any less equal as a person, being an idiot does.

Sorry if you don't understand but overweight people do not have any right to complain about anyone giving them shit unless they have an actual disorder that inhibits their ability to exist otherwise.

Thats a really interesting perspective and I had never thought about it that way before

quality-

1,208 posts

12:03am Nov 20th 12

I used to have a really bad metabolism so I was kinda chubby as a kid

Quote from feign on the 19th of November 2012
I'm not sure that was the reason there mate

tall people don't get offended for being tall, and in most cases short people don't get offended for being called short.

yeah it seems many short people are insecure about their height and would be offended or hurt

nice bump though

Well yes, I did eat an amount of junk food, like most kids, but I've always been short and it's incredibly easy to gain weight for me. I've never been offended for being called short by tall people, whether that's normal or not I'm literally unsure, I've always thought that way seeing as I knew there is nothing wrong with being shorter than someone so I didn't feel insulted if I was called "shorty" or anything because so what if I am a different size to some person?

And thanks, I guess, I've nipped this thread a couple of times and just felt like sharing my point of view.

0 posts

12:03am Nov 20th 12

Since this is formal discussion can we quickly void the whole myth that

"metabolism plays a large role in fattyness"

It doesn't , yes its true that metabolism rates differ between people but its 200-400 calories at most.

http://examine.com/faq/does-metabolism-vary-between-two-people.html

.cam

1,670 posts

12:05am Nov 20th 12

i dunno muso, I know kids my age who eat probably more than a 'fattie', do no exercise and are still as skinny as a twig.

quality-

1,208 posts

12:08am Nov 20th 12

Since this is formal discussion can we quickly void the whole myth that

"metabolism plays a large role in fattyness"

It doesn't , yes its true that metabolism rates differ between people but its 200-400 calories at most.

http://examine.com/faq/does-metabolism-vary-between-two-people.html

Quote from muso on the 20th of November 2012

I didn't say a large role, but it's certainly an aspect. Think of all those lanky people that eat shitloads (as Cam said, we all know those lanky people with high metabolisms that complain about not being able to gain weight) and physically can't gain weight. Ie, people with fast metabolisms, then there are people like me who gain weight easily. As self proven I can just avoid shitty food completely and be totally fine, but having fast food once a week and a can of coke each day will certainly give me a gut over a month.

.cam

1,670 posts

12:10am Nov 20th 12

moral of the story then qutey is not have a can of a coke everyday and to not eat fast food once a week and to do more exercise, i've got quite a shit metabolism and eat hardly any junk food and exercise 6/7 days a week and am fine

quality-

1,208 posts

12:24am Nov 20th 12

Which I don't :v

I don't even have to excersize, it's merely just eating healthy.

Travis Bickle

2,536 posts

12:27am Nov 20th 12

moral of the story then qutey is not have a can of a coke everyday and to not eat fast food once a week and to do more exercise, i've got quite a shit metabolism and eat hardly any junk food and exercise 6/7 days a week and am fine

Quote from camLAD on the 20th of November 2012

Yea but thats not going to cure your red hair, cunt.

.cam

1,670 posts

12:27am Nov 20th 12

good on ya then m8