Waking Up Early! ## (I Hate Mo...

Waking Up Early! ## (I Hate Mornings Edition)

Waking Up Early! ## (I Hate Mornings Edition)

Thread started by anaboS on Tuesday, 8:18pm February 5th with 20 replies. Views: 1,345

anaboS

185 posts

8:18pm Feb 5th 13

[img]http://www.joshuapramis.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/wake_up_call-b9d5fcf0af27e5611e92285c9034f311.jpeg[/img]

The Introduction
I think its fair to say that no one enjoys waking up early, especially adolescents and those who are required to be at the job earlier than the sun rises.

In my twenty years, I've undergone several methods of trying to wake up promptly and early to take on whatever the day had set for me, these 'methods' consisted of:
  • iPhone Apps
  • Shake and Wake is an iPhone App that alarms you on your requested time, to disarm the annoying alarm you must shake the iPhone violently to finally bring that noise to an end. Sleep Cycle is another iPhone App that monitors your sleeping pattern using the inbuilt iPhone accelerometer, this apparently determines when its the best time to notify you in the morning by monitoring your movements closer to your awakening time.
  • TV Timer
  • I've actually placed the TV to turn on full ball in the morning with the remote placed in in the shower... In the morning i was unfortunately smart enough to just go straight for the power point and head straight to sleep

The Strategy

Now this is the good part, this is the thing that has worked for me and i have suggested it to friends to try out and all have reported back to me saying it was successful for them, so hopefully my fellow gamers on CG will benefit from this.

1] The obvious secret is to get a decent amount of sleep, I know the expected sleep period is around 8 hours but i believe it depends on you as a person, I function perfectly on 6-7. I'd recommend trying 7 hours, if you get too much sleep you'll feel groggy.

2] Set an alarm to go off 30 minutes before your initial awakening.

3] Once your alarm goes off in the morning, DO NOT GET UP! Turn your alarm off and get your phone or your laptop out and read an article or check your FaceBook. I play DOTA & Age Of Empires alot so this is my reading material, read so that your mind can slowly switch on and hook to a personal interest not a work or school commitment.

4] Once you've been awake for half an hour or so, you'll find that you're indeed awake and no longer feel that you could drift off back to sleep, once you get up from your bed you'll feel rejuvenated and refreshed and ready to take on the day.

5] Now that you're out of bed, if you have the extra time, go game a little or exercise, start the day off in your own favour, don't be a prisoner to education or job, have a little fun. You only despise waking up in the morning because of your mental association with school and work.

6] Enjoy the day!

I hope you all enjoyed reading this and i sincerely hope that it helps you if you have trouble waking up or want to try getting up earlier.

PLEASE do let me know how you go with a reply below :)

Norris.

2,611 posts

8:20pm Feb 5th 13

This doesn't tell me how to last a two hour church mass on thursday then a two hour Religion class again the same day,

#wannacommit.

anaboS

185 posts

8:23pm Feb 5th 13

This doesn't tell me how to last a two hour church mass on thursday then a two hour Religion class again the same day,

#wannacommit.

Quote from Norris. on the 5th of February 2013

Haha i feel for you man, that's just unlucky - I don't know how to help you there!

brendie

754 posts

8:26pm Feb 5th 13

So get up 4:30, play some computer games or exercise for 30 minutes(mind you this is just after you've woken up) then start getting ready for work? I see holes in your methods. Maybe its just me. I'm sure someone will appreciate your efforts.

scottty

478 posts

8:36pm Feb 5th 13

i keep my alarm clock on the other side of the room, works a treat lol. especially when getting up at 5.00 each morning :/

TheTravieDee

1,044 posts

8:40pm Feb 5th 13

Actually helped a little, ty:D

Saxon

1,259 posts

8:44pm Feb 5th 13

haha whenever i set an alarm i never get up when it goes of just take the battery out of my phone -_-

anaboS

185 posts

8:50pm Feb 5th 13

Actually helped a little, ty:D

Quote from TheTravieDee on the 5th of February 2013

:)

haha whenever i set an alarm i never get up when it goes of just take the battery out of my phone -_-

Quote from Saxon on the 5th of February 2013

Haha Yes, Been there done that!

0 posts

8:51pm Feb 5th 13

I will try the ipod apps, I have family members wake me up and I just jumped out of bed and see how the day goes :p

Metal2G

960 posts

9:17pm Feb 5th 13

hmm might give these a go, thx man!

Shieldeh

2,602 posts

9:37pm Feb 5th 13

Remove all stimulus from your room, i've only got a cupboard, alarm clock and bed in my room atm and i sleep fine.

terrorv2

2,987 posts

9:41pm Feb 5th 13

#wannacommit.

Quote from Norris. on the 5th of February 2013

Don't be a religious fucking moron.

Problem solved. Enjoy the 4 hours of your life back.

kellydaboiPS3

12 posts

9:46pm Feb 5th 13

This is like what OpTic_NaDeShoT said in one of his videos. But this method does work so nice job posting it.

Murph

563 posts

9:52pm Feb 5th 13

i jump out of bed 30 mins before work (phone alarm to wake me up). insta shower feels good mang then im set and off