Black Ops 2 ~ Season 2 Leagues

Black Ops 2 ~ Season 2 Leagues

Black Ops 2 ~ Season 2 Leagues - Page: 8

Thread started by Katie. on Monday, 6:05pm May 27th with 142 replies. Views: 8,492

Xenn

516 posts

6:17pm May 28th 13

I think bringing in the m8 would be a good idea. It would bring versatility to the mid to long range gun fights (8 times out of 10 being killed by a swat at long range) and would be a interesting feature to the 5s SND scene. It wouldn't be OP in close quarters versing a subby obviously but versing a swat maybe it would? The m8 has a higher ROF (Rate of fire) compared to the swat making it a little better. Other than that, The m8 will generally be beat by swat and mid to long distances and be raped at close distances by subbys. So it's not as if we are bringing in a gun that will dominate anything 100% of the time. It's not exactly a easy gun to use either. When using a RDS the bullet registration is a little wonky and that could need some getting used to, other than that the gun fine in it's respected area. :)

Stock on the other hand I wouldn't recommend allowing. It would give subbys even bigger advantage in CQC (Close quarter combat) and maybe able to out shoot (what with all the strafing) some ARs at mid to short distances? Also, it's not really usable on ARs either unless you like the horrid iron sights. So I'd stick with it being banned

Ratchv2

2,913 posts

6:23pm May 28th 13

If the swat was better than the m8 people would use it in 4's, but they don't.

`Rage

4,874 posts

8:05pm May 28th 13

I can tell you now bringing in the m8 would ruin 5's, it would become the most used gun, and would still beat a swat.

You need to have some sense of aim with a swat, it requires skill, long range its op as it should be due to it being a 3 burst ar, close quarter/mid range it becomes harder to use as your competiting with guns like the msmc, vector, scorpion etc, then it comes a different story.

The m8 on the other hand could compensate for this due to its rate of fire, and even still at long range it far outplays guns such as the an94 and m27 as you can shoot it fast enough for it to become similar to those guns, yet it has much more accuracy due to it being a burst gun.

This is obviously my opinion and you guys dont care cause im probly some "ps3 rand" but the attitude that you all are pertruding shows that you need these types of guns so you can use op weapons over those that require some form of skill to use. As stated if swat was so op why is it not used over the m4 as an ar in 4's, because its more powerful at short/mid/long range and is easier to use.

crozwel

4,874 posts

8:56pm May 28th 13

because the an94 is a great weapon to use at long range.

KlNG

5,381 posts

9:04pm May 28th 13

I think bringing in the m8 would be a good idea. It would bring versatility to the mid to long range gun fights (8 times out of 10 being killed by a swat at long range) and would be a interesting feature to the 5s SND scene. It wouldn't be OP in close quarters versing a subby obviously but versing a swat maybe it would? The m8 has a higher ROF (Rate of fire) compared to the swat making it a little better. Other than that, The m8 will generally be beat by swat and mid to long distances and be raped at close distances by subbys. So it's not as if we are bringing in a gun that will dominate anything 100% of the time. It's not exactly a easy gun to use either. When using a RDS the bullet registration is a little wonky and that could need some getting used to, other than that the gun fine in it's respected area. :)

Stock on the other hand I wouldn't recommend allowing. It would give subbys even bigger advantage in CQC (Close quarter combat) and maybe able to out shoot (what with all the strafing) some ARs at mid to short distances? Also, it's not really usable on ARs either unless you like the horrid iron sights. So I'd stick with it being banned :D

Quote from Xenn on the 28th of May 2013
no-one is gunna read yo' shit

Stevenv2

4,849 posts

10:12pm May 28th 13

I can tell you now bringing in the m8 would ruin 5's, it would become the most used gun, and would still beat a swat.

You need to have some sense of aim with a swat, it requires skill, long range its op as it should be due to it being a 3 burst ar, close quarter/mid range it becomes harder to use as your competiting with guns like the msmc, vector, scorpion etc, then it comes a different story.

The m8 on the other hand could compensate for this due to its rate of fire, and even still at long range it far outplays guns such as the an94 and m27 as you can shoot it fast enough for it to become similar to those guns, yet it has much more accuracy due to it being a burst gun.

This is obviously my opinion and you guys dont care cause im probly some "ps3 rand" but the attitude that you all are pertruding shows that you need these types of guns so you can use op weapons over those that require some form of skill to use. As stated if swat was so op why is it not used over the m4 as an ar in 4's, because its more powerful at short/mid/long range and is easier to use.

Quote from `Rage on the 28th of May 2013

If the M8 was brought into 5's it wouldn't be the most used gun. The MSMC would still be used more, especially considering Awareness has now been removed. People will also continue to scope. It'll pretty much be 1 scope, 2 subbys and 2 ARs (for the majority of teams with common sense). If the M8 was brought into 5's, teams wouldn't suddenly run 4-5 man M8... rather idiotic to think that they would.

The SWAT is better than the M8 at long range/cross map. The reason the M8 is used a lot in 4's is because of its versatility at all ranges, mostly medium range. However online the AN can compete against the M8 at medium range easy. Saying the SWAT takes skill to use is a joke, it's terribly easy to use in 5's. The downfall of the SWAT is that sometimes the first burst doesn't register, hence why it is so bad at close range/sometimes medium and is not used in 4's.

There will be some people who don't care about your opinion, like they don't care about mine. But if you label yourself as a 'dumb PS3 rand' or assume that's what people think of you, then people will tend to follow that. I am sure most people who are in this thread have a general interest in the ruleset otherwise they wouldn't be sharing their ideas and opinions. A high majority of people who agree/would like the M8 to be added to the 5's ruleset are in CGa/p and are experienced 5's players. So I highly doubt they want the M8 added so that they can compensate for their 'lack of skill' as you put it. They just simply want to see some versatility added to 5's and maybe try and revitalise the ruleset a bit.

I'm all for the M8 being added. Get on it you lazy admins!

Legendz

2,939 posts

10:14pm May 28th 13

Yizzay >

i like me some m8

Ray™

2,961 posts

10:55pm May 28th 13

I would love me some m8

mammothj

837 posts

10:59pm May 28th 13

Yeh get it in ya

Hazzykens

2,524 posts

11:04pm May 28th 13

I would love me some m8

Quote from FuhRay™ on the 28th of May 2013

I'm your m8 :/

`Rage

4,874 posts

11:24pm May 28th 13

Im not against the m8 totally per say
Like I wouldn't care to an extent if it was introduced, i just feel that introducing it though would have an effect that could ruin 5's.

My opinion you have your's but still I reckon the swat would become less used if m8 was introduced because the m8 is much easier and its fire rate would compensate over the swat.thats only good at mid/long range

MattyPoohh m8

7 posts

11:26pm May 28th 13

Swag

Xists

1,999 posts

11:28pm May 28th 13

Anything that speeds up 5's and makes it more interesting will suit me.

Maybe do one of those trial ODC thingies to test the M8 or something.

Hazzykens

2,524 posts

11:37pm May 28th 13

Maybe do one of those trial ODC thingies to test the M8 or something.

Quote from Tailz. on the 28th of May 2013

I agree.

Maljy

2,339 posts

11:40pm May 28th 13

I would like to use the m8 in 5's.....oh wait.