Xbox one

Xbox one

Xbox one - Page: 21

Thread started by Rotary on Wednesday, 2:15pm May 22nd with 558 replies. Views: 39,124

fackedd

226 posts

3:16pm Jun 12th 13

Don't bother replying to him, he's insecure about his purchases so he feels the need to convince others to buy it to make him feel as if he made the right choice.

Rotary

6,553 posts

3:19pm Jun 12th 13

I don't understand this whole PS has better Hardware thing, i mean sure, the hardware is very slightly better, but that's not really gonna make a difference at all.

Also i'd dare say that the PS4 will be the console that breaks down the most often this gen, due to it's small size.

Foxxes

1,234 posts

3:26pm Jun 12th 13

So from what I understand, Xbox One is more of a media center that plays games whereas PS is a game console that can do media tasks?

Perhaps Microsoft is looking at selling to families as part of a home theatre while Sony is targetting the more traditional gamer?

What do people think will have a bigger competitive scene of the two?

NOMAD'

4,633 posts

3:30pm Jun 12th 13

So from what I understand, Xbox One is more of a media center that plays games whereas PS is a game console that can do media tasks?

Perhaps Microsoft is looking at selling to families as part of a home theatre while Sony is targetting the more traditional gamer?

Quote from Foxxes on the 12th of June 2013
Yeah pretty much nail on the head i think. Microsoft is trying to take over the entire subscriptionTV/movies/homeentertainment sector with the xbox while Sony is trying to cater for the "gamers" since Microsoft has gone the other way.

As for the bigger online scene, it will probably come down to what is the better online experience. Although it appears xbox is in trouble at the moment because the "gamers" are pretty butthurt with their approach to this console..

Corbz.

1,889 posts

3:34pm Jun 12th 13

Yes.

From what has been released I would say the PS4 will be the bigger competitive seen.

'Hoju

1,446 posts

3:34pm Jun 12th 13

Hip

5,986 posts

3:39pm Jun 12th 13

CBF with a quote train

so @ your first point
well unless you are after weaker hardware in a console, i believe it isn't too subjective

@ 2nd point
so you find it reasonable to have $100+ added on retail for a camera that is used to give voice commands and scrolling around your dashboard? and as it is evident in the overall online reaction to kinect this gen and the next, i don't believe it is very subjective either

@ 3rd point
in this day and age? are you even aware of the lack of internet on the gold coast lately because telstra refuses to invest in more ports because of the NBN rollout? where i stay for uni, will be without any form of internet other then dongle for well over a year, which is the same for alot of places on the gold coast, and i am sure in other places across Australia and the sheer fact that the entire internet restrictions and game share restrictions is nothing more then a money grab trying to get a slice of after purchase use of a game

@4th point
obviously you have never used PS+ then, XBOX fans are boasting about their 1337 new introduction of 2 free games a month for a period of time, PS+ has been doing the exact same thing for over a year and 50x more, and the reputation of LIVE > PSN free service is invalid, Sony fixed their mistakes and the only thing LIVE had on PSN was cross game chat, which is not an issue....and its cheaper

@ 5th point
entertainment experience won't trump gaming, on a gaming console, or even come close to evening it out

@ you in general
i personally didn't care about buying either myself, a year or two ago i felt like the next gen consoles i was going to go with xbox as the 360 COD wise trashed the PS3, but now that COD is a joke and the fact that the PS4 is doing everything right, and the next gen games (destiny, the division etc.) look awesome, i am now going to buy one. Plus, for certain people, the XBOX will be fine, will be just as good as the PS4 except for some small hardware differences, especially since the XBOX uses alot of its power to run fucking windows 8 etc. but for the casual gamer (the massive majority of the console gaming market) will be against microsofts greedy restrictions

@fackedd im not insecure about my purchase, this thread is for discussing thought in the xbox one, you guys put forward your opinion on why you believe the XBOX one was good and i discussed it

anyways, i hope the XBOX is everything and more for you guys, but as of right now, it sucks

hYpZzm8

251 posts

3:43pm Jun 12th 13

did they mention anything about LoL coming to xbox one?

Quote from Songbird on the 11th of June 2013
Did you hear that riot say it was a rumor, there's no way they could play it? Xbox one is just going to be shit, don't listen to rumors.

KlNG

5,381 posts

3:57pm Jun 12th 13

xbox one looks shit, but the exclusives look crazy

fackedd

226 posts

4:05pm Jun 12th 13

yeah fair enough hippo, I understand where you are coming from.

End of the day people need to form their own opinions and chose whatever they prefer based on whats on offer. The whole fanboying of consoles is pathetic lmao.

tldr: get whatever fkn appeals to you most.

Aelarin

5,411 posts

4:08pm Jun 12th 13

Doesn't ps4 let you use your keyboard and mouse now?

xbox looks shit, would only get ps4 for casual stuff and metal gear playbacks. Looks kinda neat, and its region free.

NOMAD'

4,633 posts

4:09pm Jun 12th 13

well unless you are after weaker hardware in a console, i believe it isn't too subjective

Quote from Hiphopupotamus on the 12th of June 2013
Hardware isn't the be all and end all. Power=/=Better console. The difference is so small it won't even be noticeable.

so you find it reasonable to have $100+ added on retail for a camera that is used to give voice commands and scrolling around your dashboard? and as it is evident in the overall online reaction to kinect this gen and the next, i don't believe it is very subjective either

To be honest I don't really mind at all, plus the camera is used for most than that. And you need to look up the definition of subjective.

in this day and age? are you even aware of the lack of internet on the gold coast lately because telstra refuses to invest in more ports because of the NBN rollout? where i stay for uni, will be without any form of internet other then dongle for well over a year, which is the same for alot of places on the gold coast, and i am sure in other places across Australia and the sheer fact that the entire internet restrictions and game share restrictions is nothing more then a money grab trying to get a slice of after purchase use of a game

Yeah Telstra are colossal cunts and as I mentioned this is one of the things I don't agree with because of people in those situations. It's obvious you'd buy a ps4 if you're among them, but microsoft unfortunately isn't going to change their design/strategy to cater to small demographic pockets around the world that can't access the internet. 99% of people complaining about this feature wouldn't even be affected by it. Hell, google is currently designing blimps that will provide regional Africa/Asia with readily accessable wifi.

obviously you have never used PS+ then, XBOX fans are boasting about their 1337 new introduction of 2 free games a month for a period of time, PS+ has been doing the exact same thing for over a year and 50x more, and the reputation of LIVE > PSN free service is invalid, Sony fixed their mistakes and the only thing LIVE had on PSN was cross game chat, which is not an issue....and its cheaper

I haven't no since my disk drive on my playstation broke. Personally i'm not interested in old free games but as I understand Sony has Microsoft covered in that area. However saying PSN's chat service wasn't an issue and LIVE being better than PSN is invalid is pretty silly. Remember we're talking reputation here.

entertainment experience won't trump gaming, on a gaming console, or even come close to evening it out

Not for "gamers" no. But Microsoft isn't just shooting towards gamers with this console.

i personally didn't care about buying either myself, a year or two ago i felt like the next gen consoles i was going to go with xbox as the 360 COD wise trashed the PS3, but now that COD is a joke and the fact that the PS4 is doing everything right, and the next gen games (destiny, the division etc.) look awesome, i am now going to buy one. Plus, for certain people, the XBOX will be fine, will be just as good as the PS4 except for some small hardware differences, especially since the XBOX uses alot of its power to run fucking windows 8 etc. but for the casual gamer (the massive majority of the console gaming market) will be against microsofts greedy restrictions

Agreed, Destiny and The Division look sick and will be one of the main reasons if I do end up purchasing a next gen. At the end of the day, Sony is marketing their console very, very well and is cashing in on every little mistake Microsoft makes. But it's not as clear cut as everyone is making out, there's a bandwagon effect going on, and most people who are voicing their opinion on the net are the "hardcore gamers" who Sony are catering for. Come release these people won't even make up half the sales, so it's going to be interesting to see what happens.

Dimm

3,244 posts

4:11pm Jun 12th 13

Neither console is heads and shoulders above the other. If you think otherwise, you're either a fanboy for w/e console or jumping on the bandwagon.
Either way, get the console that you want to pay for and has the games you want to play. Don't make up stuff saying that DRM or Internet required changed my decision.

Quote from HawKR on the 12th of June 2013
This guy's on the money.

Archer*

926 posts

4:13pm Jun 12th 13

Yeah pretty much nail on the head i think. Microsoft is trying to take over the entire subscriptionTV/movies/homeentertainment sector with the xbox...

Quote from NOMAD' on the 12th of June 2013

It won't launch here with subscription TV at least not from Mircrosoft. We don't even get Hulu and Netflix here either.

Hip

5,986 posts

4:13pm Jun 12th 13

Yes the people on the internet with the loudest voices are the hardcore gamers
but with where the Sony gains and the xbox lacks, are in the places that matter most to casual gamers, ease of access (no restrictions on sharing games, playing offline etc.) and price and value

obviously both consoles will be good, but when you think about it, at this very moment, the PS4 looks better and is cheaper

hence why people are saying to the xbox fans etc., you'd be stupid to buy a PS4 over an XBOX

and like the guy above, alot of the media and entertainment services won't benefit anyone on this website, or in this country