Your future in CG

Your future in CG

Your future in CG

Thread started by Tuilawa on Wednesday, 9:05pm January 1st with 61 replies. Views: 3,323

Tuilawa

103 posts

9:05pm Jan 1st 14

Your future in CG

Hey guys this thread might get you thinking to some degree, but have you thought about your future in CG and competitive
Have you asked yourself questions like..

Will I be still doing CG within the next year?
Am I mentally strong?
Am I willing to spend countless hours grinding?
How long will I be doing this?

Theses are some questions you might want to ask yourself while reading this, maybe some of you guys already decided to keep doing CG and e-Sports and that's okays, maybe some of you guys just do this for fun or even past time, but there's kids joining CG thinking they can play non-stop and be in the top teams in Aus/Nz.

But there is some older players finishing school, you guys should ask yourself this "Is this going to support me when I leave school?". maybe there is some people support by CG and e-Sports, but how long is it going to last?

I'm in year 10 this year and so I have to make choice of what I want to do and it's obvious not competitive, I had my fun while it lasted.

I spent almost a year play competitive CoD, I thought I had what it took to be the best, I wanted to join OpTic, I also spent countless hours grinding and what not, and joining teams, but looking back at it now I waste a lot of time when I could've done something else, but it was fun while it lasted..

All I can say now is BOL with "Your future in CG"

Tuilawa

103 posts

9:06pm Jan 1st 14

p.s sorry if I spelled some words wrong :/

Aelarin

5,411 posts

9:07pm Jan 1st 14

You really just gotta realise that if you aren't good at the game you aren't going places. That is, not t3. Especially with these teams

OrangePotatoCat

340 posts

9:08pm Jan 1st 14

I wanted to join OpTic

Quote from Tuilawa on the 1st of January 2014

fran throws

1,601 posts

9:08pm Jan 1st 14

Inspiring

Tyson.

2,850 posts

9:10pm Jan 1st 14

You're a queer

Tuilawa

103 posts

9:10pm Jan 1st 14

I wanted to join OpTic

Quote from OrangePotatoCat on the 1st of January 2014

Quote from Tuilawa on the 1st of January 2014
I was 12 and OpTic was the first I saw, that I wanted to join, I'm sure at some point everyone wanted to join OpTic..

Lordv2

9,657 posts

9:11pm Jan 1st 14

Played CG, sport and had a life all through school and I survived. Didn't do any study though.

Besides, won't matter soon when I replace BigT.

Tuilawa

103 posts

9:13pm Jan 1st 14

You're a queer

Quote from Tyse Daddy on the 1st of January 2014
Seems like you're going to go far in life..

Skrzm

189 posts

9:15pm Jan 1st 14

heart touching

KlNG

5,381 posts

9:15pm Jan 1st 14

Pretty much what Lord said, there is a balance but you must be willing to look for it.

Jackv3

819 posts

9:27pm Jan 1st 14

I have no life sooo

But yeah, I'll be studying Design and Photography in Year 12 next year and am very eager to build a career in that. I will still be competing and playing CoD for fun.

Katie.

5,146 posts

Played CG, sport and had a life all through school and I survived. Didn't do any study though.

Quote from Lord on the 1st of January 2014
Sums it up basically ^ So glad i've finally finished school now, tbh year 12 was quite a breeze as I didn't go for an OP

ASTROFL

7,172 posts

I just play for fun, the occasional money is just a bonus. I have a good balance of work, family, social and xbox life.

Exploit.

127 posts

im 21, i work, study, have a family, a GF that i love and still find time to play with friends online and run my own tournaments in fact! i play ice hockey for this country and i officiate overseas. I may not be the best gamer/caster but i still enjoy e-sports.

If gaming and e-sports is really something you enjoy then don't think you wont have time or that it will hold you back. Just find a good balance.