Getting my sleep schedule back...

Getting my sleep schedule back on track

Getting my sleep schedule back on track - Page: 4

Thread started by Dawnlesspower on Sunday, 3:21pm January 12th with 84 replies. Views: 5,478

PANSandP0TS

4,305 posts

6:22pm Jan 15th 14

1 alarm on clock (6), 2 alarms on computer (6:15 and 6:25, 1 internet and one desktop)
you'll turn off the clock alarm but will forget to turn off the internet alarm, then you'll turn off the internet alarm but forget to turn off desktop alarm, by then you'll be like fck this shit
also imprint into your head the first thing to do when waking up is to run into the shower
don't have late nights past 1:00 or you may fuck this up

also if too hard to wake up a desired hour minus 30-40mins of sleep relative to what you slept the previous day> continue until satisfied

Wrathchi1d

1,240 posts

10:32pm Jan 15th 14

an all nighter will work for one night (ie. you'll be tired, hence fall asleep earlier and wake up earlier)
but if your body has adjusted to those times almost permanently it won't

the only way to do it is to force yourself to go to sleep 30 minutes earlier each night and wake up 30 minutes earlier, otherwise your body just won't feel like getting up until 12-1 even if you go to bed early

i have to do this each holidays coz uni fucks over my body clock

l_w_88

6,679 posts

11:21pm Jan 16th 14

1. Go to bed at like 10am after staying up all night.
2. Get up at 12pm. No seriously. Fucking get up.
3. Go to bed at 10pm. Fuck what you were doing. Life is more important than jerkin your gerkin.
4. Wake up at 7am every day from now on.
5. Your curfew is now 12am. Start reading books at night.

Problem solved. All you need is willpower.

KlNG

5,381 posts

12:47am Jan 17th 14

Stop going to bed at dumb times

does the trick

Jayoh

150 posts

12:58am Jan 17th 14

Go, to bed at a suitable time even if you lay there for and hour or so.

KlNG

5,381 posts

1:03am Jan 17th 14

Go, to bed at a suitable time even if you lay there for hours and hours resulting in you actually going to bed normal time. Well normal for you of course.

Quote from Jayden wT on the 17th of January 2014

Clixin

446 posts

1:09am Jan 17th 14

Go to be at a suitabale time

Jayoh

150 posts

1:13am Jan 17th 14

Go to be at a suitabale time

Quote from Clixoh on the 17th of January 2014
Forgot the D bud xo.

Pixell

3,381 posts

1:30am Jan 17th 14

just down a few pingers in the morning.
should be right.

BigCee

1,869 posts

1:52am Jan 17th 14

just went to the doctors 2 weeks ago, shit hasent changed still suffering from sleep OMGOMGOMG FFS!
going back on the 22nd now im just going to ask for sleeping pills instead of them telling me to fix my fucking sleep schedule.

jai.

1,102 posts

4:33am Jan 17th 14

The Dr. will probably give you melatonin which works like a charm.. There only a temporary thing though, you can't take them over a long period of time because your lazy and can't fix it yourself..

Tayoh

385 posts

9:42am Jan 17th 14

The Dr. will probably give you melatonin which works like a charm.. There only a temporary thing though, you can't take them over a long period of time because your lazy and can't fix it yourself..

Quote from jai. on the 17th of January 2014
There's reason for that. Melatonin sets your body clock. Melatonin is the hormone that makes everybody tired when it begins to become dark, not just some a pill, so the tablets are more of a supplement. They only put your body into a regular sleeping pattern. The results are permanent, the tablets are not.

Ryuiin

94 posts

9:52am Jan 17th 14

[QUOTE=Pixell on the 17th of January 2014]
just down a few pingers in the morning.
should be right.
[/QUOTE
then after the pingers go to bed at suitable time

Tyydal

131 posts

10:37am Jan 17th 14

A hygiene routine is something we suggest in psych for children that have trouble getting to sleep at a certain time.

It's basically having some kind of routine before you go to bed so your brain understands 'okay, all these cues mean I'm ready to sleep'. Usually something like having a shower, then brushing your teeth, then maybe something else, then going to bed.

Another good way is to leave the room. Laying in bed being unable to sleep does not help you. Leaving the room, avoiding bright lights and electronics will help. I usually go downstairs and grab a drink of water.

Otherwise it all comes down to habit. I'm amazed to see people in here recommending you take drugs. Unless you have something like insomnia it's not the best idea.

juzzie

4,142 posts

1:43pm Jan 17th 14

Just smoke heaps of meth and then take a xanax and you'll be right.

Quote from juzzie on the 15th of January 2014

I like my idea.