Ustilo confirmed for RNG

Ustilo confirmed for RNG

Ustilo confirmed for RNG - Page: 5

Thread started by Cyanide. on Tuesday, 2:36pm February 9th with 89 replies. Views: 13,188

flukkake

616 posts

6:26pm Feb 9th 16

Maybe he misses his gf, or Tim Tams or Vegemite who the fuck knows, why do i even care actually

Quote from peki on the 9th of February 2016

Luke and his missus of several years split up prior to him leaving for America.

Rickeh

191 posts

6:38pm Feb 9th 16

A roster move that should of happened a long time ago, spunj should go coach now and they pick up either rickeh or zewsy.

Quote from lukeaye on the 9th of February 2016

Doubt they'd go for Rickeh. Don't the Renegades guys conflict with him a bit? Heard it through the grape vine, but yeah apparently the Renegades guys aren't too interested in Rickeh because of his personality.

Quote from Ctrs on the 9th of February 2016

Yes Rickeh will never be in that team unless he has major surgery on his brain

Quote from Spect_ on the 9th of February 2016

There is no conflict, you do not know me and never will. I know its hard to not talk and feel part of something even when you have 0 clue about anything but try not to thx.

P.S go fuck yourself

zulumonkey

130 posts

6:42pm Feb 9th 16

@Rickeh join my Condition Zero team pls

dblstR

73 posts

6:57pm Feb 9th 16

Should be interesting to see what happens with the Australian teams now. Havoc has always been such a dominant player and from the games I've watched lately it seems like his role hasn't suited his playstyle.

Best of luck to both parties.

KZL

2,404 posts

7:36pm Feb 9th 16

@KZL here's a hot top free of charge. Taipei isn't located in Europe

Quote from jaytee on the 9th of February 2016
did I even say that at all? lol

Talnoy

5,018 posts

7:39pm Feb 9th 16

Ustilo has for at least year or so been the next coming of AZR so its exciting to see him elevated amongst a group that can better highlight the talent i think we still have only seen glimpses of.

The bigger story for the local scene is lukes homecoming and the immense amount of experience he can add to a second AU contender to elevate the scene further. Kobe has come home!

Flam3z

3,019 posts

7:47pm Feb 9th 16

The statement says he is stepping down to substitute. Common sense would suggest that he will be playing the major qualifier with the team so they aren't disqualified.

And yeah. I'm sure that particular rule is the same for all majors. Do you think PGL made that rule that you have to keep the same lineup? Of course not. They are just reiterating the info that would have been given to them by valve.

Quote from glib on the 9th of February 2016
Highly doubt they would force RNG to use havoc or have issues with USTILO playing in havoc's stead especially if they've contacted them over a month in advance.

I guess we'll see what happens, but I'm telling you, no way they'll be forced to play with havoc, USTILO will play.

Quote from wle on the 9th of February 2016

It just doesn't make sense that PGL would post that rule unless they had been told directly by valve or MLG. They just don't have the authority to make up a rule like that seeing as they aren't involved with the offline qualifier at all.

Regardless, it would be very disappointing from an integrity standpoint if Ustilo was allowed to play. The rule should be consistent. I wonder if a European team would have made a roster change if they thought they were allowed to.

When the old Dignitas (4 danes + 1 swed) beat Team Immunity in the Cluj Qualifier and qualified for the main event. I'm fairly certain that they kicked Schneider 1 week before the major started. k0nfig was the guy that replaced him.

Found it.

www.hltv.org/news/16194-schneider-parts-ways-with-dignitas

So if dignitas can do it, then RNG should be able to do it as well. I'm not 100% sure if Valve changed the rules again and I didn't see it...

EDIT: The same goes for a previous german team in previous majors, PENTA or Mouz (can't remember) who changed rosters/players but still maintained the status of a being a challenger. Also look at Fnatic (-pronax +dennis) and FaZe (-scream +aizy). They can still compete in the major even after making changes to their lineup.

glib

1,090 posts

8:07pm Feb 9th 16

The statement says he is stepping down to substitute. Common sense would suggest that he will be playing the major qualifier with the team so they aren't disqualified.

And yeah. I'm sure that particular rule is the same for all majors. Do you think PGL made that rule that you have to keep the same lineup? Of course not. They are just reiterating the info that would have been given to them by valve.

Quote from Flam3z on the 9th of February 2016
Highly doubt they would force RNG to use havoc or have issues with USTILO playing in havoc's stead especially if they've contacted them over a month in advance.

I guess we'll see what happens, but I'm telling you, no way they'll be forced to play with havoc, USTILO will play.

It just doesn't make sense that PGL would post that rule unless they had been told directly by valve or MLG. They just don't have the authority to make up a rule like that seeing as they aren't involved with the offline qualifier at all.

Regardless, it would be very disappointing from an integrity standpoint if Ustilo was allowed to play. The rule should be consistent. I wonder if a European team would have made a roster change if they thought they were allowed to.

When the old Dignitas (4 danes + 1 swed) beat Team Immunity in the Cluj Qualifier and qualified for the main event. I'm fairly certain that they kicked Schneider 1 week before the major started. k0nfig was the guy that replaced him.

Found it.

So if dignitas can do it, then RNG should be able to do it as well. I'm not 100% sure if Valve changed the rules again and I didn't see it...

EDIT: The same goes for a previous german team in previous majors, PENTA or Mouz (can't remember) who changed rosters/players but still maintained the status of a being a challenger. Also look at Fnatic (-pronax +dennis) and FaZe (-scream +aizy). They can still compete in the major even after making changes to their lineup.

Yes this is about going from Minors to the offline major qualifier. This is the first year there have been minors so it's the first year this rule has been in effect.

What you are talking about is the core 3 rule for Legends. Any team who placed top 8 in cluj is allowed to change up to two of their players and still be invited to the event. Faze, Fnatic and Penta (they changed to mouz before the next major) were all legends. They were allowed to change their roster because they have already qualified. Renegades haven't.

Flam3z

3,019 posts

8:09pm Feb 9th 16

Quote from Flam3z on the 9th of February 2016

Found it.

Yes this is about going from Minors to the offline major qualifier. This is the first year there have been minors so it's the first year this rule has been in effect.

What you are talking about is the core 3 rule for Legends. Any team who placed top 8 in cluj is allowed to change up to two of their players and still be invited to the event. Faze, Fnatic and Penta (they changed to mouz before the next major) were all legends. They were allowed to change their roster because they have already qualified. Renegades haven't.

True, we'll just have to wait and see what happens when the time comes. If USTILO plays, that would be great.

svR

535 posts

9:26pm Feb 9th 16

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/44upyp/havoc_steps_down_ustil_to_enter_lineup/czt6w0w

Wishing Karlo and Renegades nothing but the best, and happy to be back where it all started. Home.

Quote from LukeHavoc on the 9th of February 2016

you da real MVP brotha

Avengers

5,259 posts

12:44am Feb 10th 16

I wonder if they tried to say he stepped down just so they don't lose their spot?
That would be troublesome seeing as how havoc came out and said he didn't leave but in fact was replaced. Seems like RNG maybe being pulling the ringer on valve.

svR

535 posts

10:12am Feb 10th 16

I wonder if they tried to say he stepped down just so they don't lose their spot?
That would be troublesome seeing as how havoc came out and said he didn't leave but in fact was replaced. Seems like RNG maybe being pulling the ringer on valve.

Quote from Avengers on the 10th of February 2016

When are people going to realise that they are allowed to play with a new 5th in the qualifier without any repercussions whether it be he was replaced or that he stepped down. They REPLACED him, 'Renegades have announced that they have parted ways with Luke "Havoc" Paton with immediate effect', and they are allowed to play with their REPLACEMENT.

Their is no ruling that states they cannot, and they've had confirmation from MLG that they are allowed to participate with the new lineup, so they have nothing to hide.

ProH8R

7 posts

10:41am Feb 10th 16

www.hltv.org/match/2300659-renegades-enemy-esl-pro-league-season-3

Renegades first match with +USTILO starts in 1 hour~

GoMeZdaGREAT

463 posts

11:08am Feb 10th 16

Just to clear up some stuff

The rulebook (for the MLG Major LAN Qualifier) clearly stated we can make a change as long as the player being removed consents to the new player taking his place. We made the change and Luke consented. There is no bad blood and we are all on good terms. We have since had written confirmation from MLG that USTILO is cleared to play for us.

With regards to Rickeh, when we made the first 2 lineup changes (jks and yam) there was a little bad blood, but it didnt come from any incident or anything like that, just competitive rivalry more than anything. When we made our 3rd change we just felt USTILO was a better fit for what we wanted. Rick knows this and we are all good.

If people have questions just ask, dont speculate and link rules for other tournaments.