Current Page

Rocket League Power Rankings - 25/5

Rocket League Power Rankings - 25/5

Thread started by Bbearz on Wednesday, 7:50pm May 25th with 13 replies. Views: 3,437

Bbearz

140 posts

7:50pm May 25th 16 and edited 8:32pm May 26th 16

[img]http://i.imgur.com/9T7leSU.png[/img]

These Power Rankings are done by a committee of 4 people consisting of:

Soma - twitter
Player for Legacy eSports.

Schmeval - twitter
Player for JAM Gaming.

Fachy (new committee member) - twitter
Player for Ripple eSports.

Chrisis - twitter
Lead Rocket League commentator for Gamestah.

Weekly Round Up

What a massive two weeks it has been since the previous Power Rankings! The first State of Origin was held by CyberGamer on the 14th and 15th of May, qualifiers for CyberGamer Season 3 Invitational were held over the weekend, we saw the 3rd and final round of HEYGRL before the playoffs this past Monday and there were several notable announcements, but perhaps the biggest announcement as of late was the launch of the Sennheiser Winter OCE Championship with a $4,500 prize pool, to be broadcast by Peanut Gallery. The Oceanic region is putting its pedal to the metal and isn't showing signs of slowing down anytime soon!

After a couple initial hiccups, the first State of Origin was underway. NSW, TAS, QLD and NZ all advanced out of group stages, though NZ unfortunately could not find a third for the single elimination, Bo7 finals the next day, so they were forced to drop out. QLD and TAS tied up their series 3-3 in the first match of the finals with QLD taking an early 2-0 lead in game 7. TAS were unable to recover, giving QLD their spot in the grand finals against NSW. NSW's aggressive pressure game after game proved to be too much though for the QLD boys, leading to a 4-0 series win by NSW, making them the first State of Origin winners.

There were numerous new teams entering the CyberGamer Season 3 Invitational qualifiers over the weekend wanting to earn their spot in CGp, the top division in the OCE region. Nuovo Gaming were the notable highlight of the Invite-only FFYI, winning every match 3-0 on the way to meeting Alpha Sydney (rising from the loser's bracket) in the grand final, unfortunately however, Nuovo Gaming were unable to play the final match. Congratulations to all the teams who made CGp, CGi and CGm, this season is looking like it will be closer than ever! You can read up on all the teams who qualified and for which division here, and don't forget to check the schedule and relevant information if you're competing here.

Monday was the final group stage round of HEYGRL. Legacy eSports, Another One, Nuovo Gaming, Alpha Sydney, Abyss eSports, Reload eSports, Gameroos and Unlimited all advanced out of their respective groups to qualify for the $500 finals to be played this Sunday.

Lastly, the Sennheiser Winter OCE Championship was announced; an open tournament to everyone wanting to compete amongst the best in the OCE region; two open qualifiers where the top 6 in each advance to and join Legacy eSports, Another One, Alpha Sydney and InVidious in the Invitational Qualifier. Finally, the top 2 teams per group from the Invitational Qualifier will advance to an online finals where the final 4 teams battle for their share of $4,500. You can read more about it and sign up for the first open qualifier here.

Tournament Results

RLO V
  1. Gameroos (Previously known as Team XD)
  2. Ignition
  3. Tied - Team Pickup / Feint

Gameroos 19/5
  1. Nuovo
  2. KEK
  3. Tied - Unlimited / JAM Gaming

CyberGamer Season 3 Open FFYI
  1. Nothing But Lemons
  2. No Name
  3. Team Erase - Venom
  4. LGN Flamingos

CyberGamer Season 3 Invite FFYI
  1. Tied (not played) - Nuovo Gaming / Alpha Sydney
  2. Tied (not played) - Nuovo Gaming / Alpha Sydney
  3. Abyss eSports
  4. Ripple eSports

GRL Round 3

News from around the region:
  • The Sennheiser Winter OCE Championship was officially announced with a $4,500 prize pool.
  • Karasuno were sponsored by and are now named 'Legacy eSports'.
  • Team XD were sponsored by and are now named 'Gameroos'.
  • B-Bearz (formerly Team Supremacy) has signed with JAM Gaming for CG S3.
  • Former Team Supremacy members mickiiB and Sifo formed Heart & Swole with their new third, Dogpa.
  • New South Wales won the first State of Origin tournament
  • Ripple eSports, Abyss eSports, Nuovo Gaming and Alpha Sydney all clinch a spot along with Legacy eSports, Another One, InVidious and Heart & Swole in the CyberGamer Pro League.
  • Legacy eSports, Another One, Nuovo Gaming, Alpha Sydney, Abyss eSports, Reload eSports, Gameroos and Unlimited qualify for the HEYGRL Play-offs, kicking off this Sunday, 29th of May at 12pm AEST.
  • The OCE Power Rankings committee has picked up Fachy from Ripple eSports as a new committee member.

Rankings

[img]http://i.imgur.com/SMgyjNg.png?1[/img]

1 - Legacy eSports

Soma, eren, Orion | Nil movement
Train, train and train a little more. This is what I hope Legacy is doing right now as the OCE scene has just fired up, and are all looking for a shot at the top dog. With a fairly easy group in the HEYGRL without any of the higher ranked teams, Legacy has been able to avoid a lot of the tougher competition. Also being auto-invited to CGp means they didn't have to face the likes of Nuovo, A1 or Abyss in the FFYI invitation qualifiers.This however, will all change this weekend with the Play-offs of the HEYGRL due to start, there'll be no more places for Legacy to hide. Now the question is are they ready? Have they been practicing? A lot of us are probably hoping to see a head to head battle with Nuovo and Legacy, and I won't lie I am too. It'll be the ultimate battle of the hardened Veterans versus the Newcomers. Fachy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JzJCikO.png?2[/img]

2 - Another One

Cyrix, OssyOsbert, The Stig | Nil movement
Another One, like many teams who make it to the top tier of the game, has had a quiet period since the last Power Rankings release. Their only competitive match has been in the GRL, in Round 3. There, they held out Ripple eSports, one of the Oceanic scene's up-and-comers, to a tight 3-1 victory. The match was low scoring, with only 8 goals scored by both teams, combined, across all four games. While they've maintained their ranking at second this week, the time for coasting will soon be over. There'll be several challenges for them to face in the coming weeks - the first round of Cybergamer S3, the GRL Play-offs, and then the Sennheiser Winter Champs will all set A1 up to defend their spot and they'll have to work hard to maintain it.. - Chrisis

[img]http://i.imgur.com/tcWeIkm.png?1[/img]

3 - Nuovo Gaming

Bango, SnarfSnarf, Montyconnorr | + 4
Wow. What a past 2 weeks for Nuovo: they've just blown the OCE scene out of the park with 3-0s against Ripple, Abyss and Alpha Sydney (all in the CGPL qualifiers). If that wasn't enough already, they also 3-0ed InVidious in the 3rd round of the HEYGRL. Wow. At this point I'm not sure if I'm looking at Another One or Nuovo as we're seeing an exact repeat of Another One's effort in the CGPL season 2 qualifiers: complete domination. Gameroos seems to be the breeding ground for incredibly talented teams and they've topped themselves with this one. Having ravaged HEYGRL Group C without a single match loss they proceed to the the playoffs this Sunday where the top 8 teams fight in a single elimination bracket for $500. Here they'll have their chance to fight against the top 2 ranked teams, Another One and Legacy, who they have yet to face in a competitive setting. Do they have what it takes to be No.1? We're about to find out. - Fachy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/lPH6Ocg.png?1[/img]

4 - Alpha Sydney

Dumbo, Dicky, Stoney | - 1
I'm sure this past week was full of tense moments for Alpha Sydney, especially in the CGp FFYI where Alpha Sydney dropped from the winner's bracket to Nuovo Gaming in a devastating 3-0, but luckily being able to rally and taking every match in the loser's bracket to a close final score of 3-2. The Alpha lads were ranked #4 this week, falling 1 rank to the up-and-coming Nuovo squad, they'll be able to have their shot at revenge though this weekend in the GRL finals on Sunday due to Alpha Sydney winning all their group games and finishing top of their group. It'll be interesting to see if Alpha learnt anything critical in their last match-up that could give them a leg-up this time around. - Soma

[img]http://i.imgur.com/DHR4I16.png?4[/img]

5 - Abyss eSports

Addzey, Express, TheSchoolBus, Daze | Nil movement
Some teams burst on the Oceanic Rocket League scene in a blaze of glory. They stun and amaze, but as often as not, burn bright for a time and then fizzle out. Others, like Abyss, join the scene with a slow burn, quietly fanning the flames until they build up enough heat to start dominating the majority of their opposition. Abyss had a relatively quiet second season, but there are signs that they have been working very hard in the off-season to get themselves to their present top 5 ranking. Their only losses in recent weeks have been to teams in the top 4 Power Rankings, and with current form this is likely to remain the case, at least in the near future. - Chrisis

[img]http://i.imgur.com/7wmDw2X.jpg?1[/img]

6/7 Tied - InVidious

French Fries, Coleslaw, Sparks | - 2
A fall from grace. After a narrow loss in game 5 overtime to the once Sequential Gaming and then a 3-0 loss to Another One in the elimination bracket at the season 2 CGp LAN finals, I feel like InVid have lost the fire they once had. Maybe the increased competition or caliber of the new and upcoming OCE teams have caught them off guard in the off-season. They do, however, have a chance to redeem themselves as they have been auto-invited, along with Legacy, A1 and Heart & Swole into the third season of CGp. The competition in the coming weeks will be harder and they'll be fighting an uphill battle to redeem their once prestigious title as 2nd best. Their first matchup of CGp is against the former Supremacy roster now with Dogpa who'll be looking for vengeance after being the first to drop out in the S2 CGp finals. This will be make or break for both teams. - Fachy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/VoU0Rzy.jpg?1[/img]

6/7 Tied - Ripple eSports

Fachy, Fake, Siki, Seeker | + 3
Ripple eSports is another of the newcomers to the OCE scene that have made a splash in just a short period of time. It's not all been sunshine and roses, though. After a promising start in HEYGRL, beating JAM Gaming, they have lost both their round 2 and 3 matches, going down to A1 and to Abyss. They performed better in the CG S3 FFYI competition, despatching both Erase and the Allstars on the way to earning a berth in the top level of Cybergamer's 3rd season. This may be tough road as most of their match-play will be during the week, which will force a roster change on the team. No doubt they will have to work hard to hold their own in their first season of CGp. - Chrisis

[img]http://i.imgur.com/b5DvcVi.png?1[/img]

8 - Control eSports

Drippay, Daisu, Turtle | New
Considering that Control eSports had been absent from GRL, a lot of teams weren't sure what to expect of them, at least outside of scrims, and by the looks of things in the past week, Control eSports have a lot of potential. In the recent CGp FFYI, Control eSports came oh so close to qualifying for CGp, just narrowly losing to current #4 team Alpha Sydney finishing the series 2-3. Following that performance I expect to see the lads at the top of CGi for next season and they should be a top contender for the CGi title, assuming they continue to practise as they have been, because obviously it's paying off. - Soma

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Pgz7DED.png?1[/img]

9 - JAM Gaming

Schmeval, Rever, B-bearz | - 3
It's been a very rough couple of weeks for JAM Gaming which honestly is expected after a new addition to a roster. More often than not it takes weeks or even months to find that synergy that is needed at the highest level of play. With that in mind, JAM Gaming fell early in the CGp FFYI, going down to both Team Erase and Team Erase - Venom. On the bright side however, JAM will be able to compete in CGi with the new addition and build synergy with more freedom. Regardless of their results in the recent qualifier and GRL, I expect to see JAM in a similar position once more this season when they find themselves comfortable with one another, which is towards the top of their division. - Soma

[img]http://i.imgur.com/PEd3dYH.png?1[/img]

10 - Team Erase

Lukorice, Nerd, Greeny | Nil movement
Team Erase hold station at number 10 this week with slightly underwhelming results in the GRL (losing 0-3 to Unlimited) and Gameroos' Thursday tournament (not making it out of the group stage). Nevertheless Erase stepped it up when it mattered the most in the CG Invite Qualifiers - comfortably defeating No Name and JAM in the opening two rounds to secure a spot in CGi next season.
- Schmeval

Teams to watch
Soma: Team Erase
Schmeval: Control eSports
Chrisis: Nuovo Gaming
Fachy: Heart & Swole

Here's how the committee ranked the top 10:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Nv7m3bU.png[/img]

The Committee
Soma / Schmeval / Fachy / Chrisis

Lunchpacker

11 posts

8:10pm May 25th 16

The results section with linked tourney results is a good addition to the PW threads, Excellent work boys. very in-depth and delicious

byza4

96 posts

8:13pm May 25th 16

Big Movers Nuovo! Congrats guys #getsome #HEYGRL

Bbearz

140 posts

8:17pm May 25th 16

The results section with linked tourney results is a good addition to the PW threads

Quote from Lunchpacker on the 25th of May 2016

Thank @dumbow for that one, he suggested putting that in after we had so many tournaments this past two weeks (EU and NA do the same thing, see here). Hopefully the amount of tournaments that go ahead each week are enough to justify putting them in every PR post! Looking like it will be with how many we have now

8:18pm May 25th 16

Looking really professional, love it

EDIT: I think your averages for InVId and Ripple are off, Ripple should be at 6.25 and InVid 6.75. Unless my maths is failing me

Bbearz

140 posts

8:25pm May 25th 16

EDIT: I think your averages for InVId and Ripple are off, Ripple should be at 6.25 and InVid 6.75. Unless my maths is failing me

Quote from Part-Time Warrior on the 25th of May 2016

Your maths is failing you unfortunately, though you gave me a scare, that would've been a big mistake :/

8:36pm May 25th 16

Quote from Bbearz on the 25th of May 2016

Your maths is failing you unfortunately, though you gave me a scare, that would've been a big mistake :/

Quote from Part-Time Warrior on the 25th of May 2016

Yes indeed, I read Chrisis' "8" as a "6", don't mind me

SnarfSnarf

213 posts

9:32pm May 25th 16

Ayeee feelsgoodman

SAMMAYYY

125 posts

10:57pm May 25th 16

Why are citadel still on there? we've beaten them in a bo5 2/2 times. Plus they haven't done anything notable in a while.

Not saying we should be in there place, but there are others.

SnarfSnarf

213 posts

11:12pm May 25th 16

Why are citadel still on there? we've beaten them in a bo5 2/2 times. Plus they haven't done anything notable in a while.

Quote from SAMMAYYY on the 25th of May 2016

Just giving them another chance once again kappa.

Effex

15 posts

12:20am May 26th 16

Don't worry Sammy, we're disbanding anyway

FachyRL

23 posts

1:02am May 26th 16

Quote from SAMMAYYY on the 25th of May 2016

It's just because of how the rankings above them worked out. As you can see we all voted them 16th or more. If that answers your question.

FakeRL

12 posts

6:42pm May 26th 16

That moment when they use the wrong profile picture FeelsBadMan

Bbearz

140 posts

8:34pm May 26th 16

That moment when they use the wrong profile picture FeelsBadMan

Quote from FakeRL on the 26th of May 2016

Apologies, fixed now.