970 Overclock?

970 Overclock?

Thread started by Kane on Monday, 12:37am September 12th with 8 replies. Views: 658

Kane

3,985 posts

12:37am Sep 12th 16

[img]http://i.imgur.com/EwFo9X2.png[/img]

Hey i want to maximise my PC to its best potential until i start building my new one this year. Wonder if its worth Overclocking the GTX 970?

Toose

454 posts

1:04pm Sep 12th 16

Why would you want to do that? it wont achieve anything? you can still play games on High/Ultra with this card, there is no point

Gigabyte ANZ

51 posts

2:55pm Sep 12th 16

What model of GTX970 do you have? Depending on the type, it will have a lot of overclocking headroom, or not much.

Toose

454 posts

3:28pm Sep 12th 16

What model of GTX970 do you have? Depending on the type, it will have a lot of overclocking headroom, or not much.

Quote from Gigabyte ANZ on the 12th of September 2016
GeForce is gigabyte no? So there is no point.

I seriously don't understand why you would want to overclock, there are two many factors to take into account. Also why wouldn't you start with the processor?

nfank

459 posts

5:16pm Sep 12th 16

geforce is a marketing name from nvidia
geforce gtx 970 is the chip name, not the name of your card
to find out which model youll either need the box it came in or open the computer up, it should be written on the card

if youre deciding wheather to overclock, find out which games you want more fps on
if you find some where an OC makes sense, start testing clocks on afterburner and seeing how the card runs in those games and decide if the increased fan and heat etc are worth it

gl

Kane

3,985 posts

6:08pm Sep 12th 16

Quote from Toose on the 12th of September 2016
GeForce is gigabyte no? So there is no point.

I seriously don't understand why you would want to overclock, there are two many factors to take into account. Also why wouldn't you start with the processor?

Quote from Gigabyte ANZ on the 12th of September 2016
What would you suggest with the Processor?

Kane

3,985 posts

6:17pm Sep 12th 16

geforce is a marketing name from nvidia
geforce gtx 970 is the chip name, not the name of your card
to find out which model youll either need the box it came in or open the computer up, it should be written on the card

if youre deciding wheather to overclock, find out which games you want more fps on
if you find some where an OC makes sense, start testing clocks on afterburner and seeing how the card runs in those games and decide if the increased fan and heat etc are worth it

gl

Quote from nfank on the 12th of September 2016
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dXsespA.jpg[/img]

I want more FPS on Games like Arma 3, H1z1 Ect.

Also editing i want the render speed to be fast which comes down to my proccesor, would it be worth it

nfank

459 posts

8:56pm Sep 12th 16

hmm, default clock is probs fine. they arent optimised as well as most games to increase fps with new video cards. try increase your cpu clock perhaps. with that said , the evga SC are lowest factory clock around afaik, that means assuming your card isnt poor quality silicon theres lots of room for gainz

Kane

3,985 posts

9:00pm Sep 12th 16

accept friend request @nfank