Reflex key giveaway

Reflex key giveaway

Reflex key giveaway

Thread started by Bodycount. on Monday, 10:06am January 16th with 13 replies. Views: 1,028

Bodycount.

3,486 posts

10:06am Jan 16th 17

I got a spare key to give away, but not gonna make it easy, Don't want to just give it to someone that will never play it as I'm buying it in bundles every few weeks to help grow the community so this may not be the last give away fir it, So only post if you're into Arena shooters and are genuinely interested.

What is Reflex?
Reflex is a competitive Arena FPS that combines modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of a 90s shooter, It's based of CPMA, with one of the former CPMA dev's being a developer, It's also on a custom engine built from the ground up, So none of the Quake engine bugs are in this game, Like advantages based on different framerates.

It's also an Australian made game.

[SPOILER=SPOILER: Videos]latest trailer

A duel between two Australian players.

Okay, So how I'm going to choose a winner is, Best answer to the following question.

What makes a good duel map?

winner will be chosen around 5-6pm this afternoon.

lukee.

5,250 posts

10:11am Jan 16th 17

polden

2,136 posts

12:29pm Jan 16th 17 and edited 12:47pm Jan 16th 17

Do people play it?

Had a crack at Warsow and Reflex and found them to be pretty barren. Even QL is pretty dead.

What will happen when the new Quake hits the market?

I'd love for it to be popular as I believe arena shooters are probably the most exciting and raw form of eSports to watch but I have my doubts.

bozott

8 posts

12:52pm Jan 16th 17

Its not nearly as popular as csgo but mm just released so its not hard to find people to play against. Especially if you play at good times.

Sabes

4,448 posts

1:09pm Jan 16th 17

Do people play it?

Had a crack at Warsow and Reflex and found them to be pretty barren. Even QL is pretty dead.

What will happen when the new Quake hits the market?

I'd love for it to be popular as I believe arena shooters are probably the most exciting and raw form of eSports to watch but I have my doubts.

Quote from polden on the 16th of January 2017
Nailed this thread in a nutshell

Bodycount.

3,486 posts

1:50pm Jan 16th 17

Do people play it?

Yeah its pretty easy to get a game going, can join a server and within minutes you'll get another player joining, game does deserve more players, seems only the games that get front page get players, so Reflex is probably unheard of by a lot of people, hence why I'm trying to get it more exposure, and everyone loves giveaways lol

Had a crack at Warsow and Reflex

I was Warsow admin when we had that ladder for a few months, years back, think that's how you became my steam friend lol.

I'd love for it to be popular as I believe arena shooters are probably the most exciting and raw form of eSports to watch

Though will only become popular if people play it, nothing will happen if people only wish for it to happen and not actually play get in on some games man.

and Regarding new Quake, thats teh beauty of Arena shooter players, we play multiple ones at a time lol, I'm still playing QL, Warsow, Xonotic, and Reflex

Bodycount.

3,486 posts

8:30pm Jan 16th 17

giveaway will be running till a day we get a few answers up (5pm of that day)

bozott

8 posts

12:02am Jan 17th 17

If I'm allowed to enter so I can get a key for my friend who wants reflex but is poor then my answer would be;

armours spread out in such a way that the entire map would have to be used consistently.
balance between all types of areas (long tight areas mixed with short open areas, vertical and horizontal aspects)
plenty of jumps that range from easy to extremely hard
armours and weapons placed to encourage the player out of control to steal them (e.g. make the red armour a trap).
Consistent with other maps in the same game (map shouldn't feel like it belongs in a different mode/game)

For anyone else reading this I would encourage you to enter, Reflex is the only quake like game currently I know of that has steam workshop support, special skines and match making. Its also developed by aussies and to me it appears to be the second most played arena shooter in aus, only second to quake live which doesn't have strafes (strafes in reflex feel similar to css).

Bodycount.

3,486 posts

10:05am Jan 17th 17

well if nobody else enters, looks like you (well your friend) will be the winner

Mind if i add you on steam man? trying to get all the players on my list :P

or you can add me @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/GkR86/

Bodycount.

3,486 posts

10:44am Jan 19th 17

keys been given away, may do another if people show interest.

Bodycount.

3,486 posts

10:47am Jan 19th 17

also matchmaking hype vid

https://youtu.be/Ycko9zcBXyM

moojuice

661 posts

1:41pm Jan 19th 17

would be keen to hit up some arena fps, sunk a lot of time into QL before it was released on steam. big shame it died in my mind it will always be the #1 fps of all time competition and spectator wise.

I think ztn had the embodiment of a good duel map, where positioning, timing and map knowledge would win you the game instead of raw aim. Catching an opponent off-guard at almost any spot of the map could be lethal especially jumping to ra. Even if you had control of ra + mega you would sometimes still need to set up a trap if you were losing on frags. Overall just a really solid map have some fond memories on there.

Bodycount.

3,486 posts

3:51pm Jan 19th 17

bit late moojuice But I may do another give away next week, as I believe this game has potential to be huge.

Exxyy

487 posts

12:08am Jan 31st 17

hey bruh got any more of them keys i need a new e drug and i feel like arena may be it if its gunna get alot bigger