Predator CGPL Autumn 2017 Expr...

Predator CGPL Autumn 2017 Expression of Interest

Predator CGPL Autumn 2017 Expression of Interest

Thread started by Cyanide. on Tuesday, 11:41pm March 21st with 9 replies. Views: 1,060

Cyanide.

5,473 posts

11:41pm Mar 21st 17

Hey all,
With CGPL just around the corner we want your imput to shape your experience. Please head over to HERE and take 3 minutes to fill out the expression of interest form.

We will have spectator information soon, just waiting on some behind the scenes information for us to preceed.

Acer CGPL Autumn 2017 is brought to you by

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ayoX6Z3.png[/img]
Twitter | Facebook | Website

[img]http://i.imgur.com/IlcwP0S.png[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/gnvlFjJ.png[/img]

AMD
Website | Twitter | Facebook

Mwave.com.au

NetGear

AOC
Website | Twitter | FaceBook

Gigabyte

Plantronics

dash/w/.

1,019 posts

3:00am Mar 22nd 17

To be honest, I gotta ask, why was Adelaide picked as the location for the studio? Isn't there a MUCH greater population of players in either Melbourne or Sydney? I live in QLD so don't think I'm asking in regards to location bias, just curious, seems like it's been moved to the least populated location. Just means 80% of the community has to pay for flights to Adelaide as opposed to the 10% or so that live there flying to Syd/Melb.

Pouzet

569 posts

4:57am Mar 22nd 17

To be honest, I gotta ask, why was Adelaide picked as the location for the studio? Isn't there a MUCH greater population of players in either Melbourne or Sydney? I live in QLD so don't think I'm asking in regards to location bias, just curious, seems like it's been moved to the least populated location. Just means 80% of the community has to pay for flights to Adelaide as opposed to the 10% or so that live there flying to Syd/Melb.

Quote from dashwOw on the 22nd of March 2017

Cheaper for CG > Cheaper for us.

Karath

1,088 posts

9:34am Mar 22nd 17

because adelaide is where it's at I would move to adelaide in a heartbeat if i could

that's right sydney you're never getting any more LANs

Cyanide.

5,473 posts

10:06am Mar 22nd 17

Just means 80% of the community has to pay for flights to Adelaide as opposed to the 10% or so that live there flying to Syd/Melb.

Yer good questions, and there is always a bias towards Melb / Sydney with those same arguments.

80% of teams fly in even in those locations, so lets say it was in Sydney, the difference for that compared to Adelaide isnt huge when a large number of players fly from Melb to Sydney. Flight time about the same as is price.

I know the last Adelaide LAN @Karath held had like 24 teams, I dont think his Sydney one had this.

Adelaide is a shitload cheaper and myself and Asterix live in Adelaide too. So we can do this now, have the money or potentially have to wait 3/4 years or never do it.

Spectators are important, but 99% of viewers are online, most teams I would say on average have to fly in an extra person, but I also know many spectators fly in as well. That part never changes.

suMfectz

411 posts

12:19pm Mar 22nd 17

Asterix lives in Adelaide and always has.

Hence why CG Studio is located there

Thanatar

236 posts

2:03pm Mar 22nd 17

Quote from Karath on the 22nd of March 2017

because adelaide is where it's at I would move to adelaide in a heartbeat if i could

that's right sydney you're never getting any more LANs

LAN in prep? :ooo

n_ate

518 posts

3:30pm Mar 22nd 17

Just means 80% of the community has to pay for flights to Adelaide as opposed to the 10% or so that live there flying to Syd/Melb.

Quote from Cyanide. on the 22nd of March 2017
I know the last Adelaide LAN @Karath held had like 24 teams, I dont think his Sydney one had this.

I just wanted to clarify, if the Sydney LAN didn't have a limited amount of places it would have at least reached 24 teams, they capped it at 16 teams and registrations were full 5 hours after the thread was made with a pretty large reserve list as well. I don't mind where the studio is or your reasons for putting it there, it's your prerogative, but this point you made isn't accurate in the slightest or relevant IMO. I'm pretty sure there's also been a lot more LANs in Adelaide than Sydney recently. Supply isn't large enough to meet demand in Sydney currently.

defcoN

3,752 posts

4:04pm Mar 22nd 17

Quote from n_ate on the 22nd of March 2017

Quote from Cyanide. on the 22nd of March 2017

I just wanted to clarify, if the Sydney LAN didn't have a limited amount of places it would have at least reached 24 teams, they capped it at 16 teams and registrations were full 5 hours after the thread was made with a pretty large reserve list as well. I don't mind where the studio is or your reasons for putting it there, it's your prerogative, but this point you made isn't accurate in the slightest or relevant IMO. I'm pretty sure there's also been a lot more LANs in Adelaide than Sydney recently. Supply isn't large enough to meet demand in Sydney currently.

Whilst his point may be off factually Sydney does generally fail to show up for these type of events spectator wise.

doris

776 posts

5:17pm Mar 22nd 17

when adl gets some love for once :^)))) sooo keen boys