CGPL Autumn 2018 Promotion/Rel...

CGPL Autumn 2018 Promotion/Relegation Series Information

CGPL Autumn 2018 Promotion/Relegation Series Information - Page: 4

Thread started by CS:GO Admin on Monday, 8:26pm January 1st with 96 replies. Views: 16,863

Fiend-

905 posts

8:01pm Jan 11th 18

@jamie

art thou prepared?

Vesu

245 posts

8:28pm Jan 11th 18

When the i qual has 1 M team and 6 inject teams :D

team longevity btw

Jamie

485 posts

8:49pm Jan 11th 18

Why can we play day 3 of cgm ffyi early but we cant play cgm ffyi day 2 a day or two late? Not sure i understand why

Vesu

245 posts

8:59pm Jan 11th 18

also

_Fuzzy

213 posts

9:38pm Jan 11th 18

Hey since there's going to be byes for cgm ffyi can we play? cheers

SkyeAZGA

3 posts

10:10pm Jan 11th 18

MC eSports big fan

in5aiyaN

2,105 posts

10:17pm Jan 11th 18

also

Quote from Vesu on the 11th of January 2018

Clearly states the rules and then proceeds to not follow them smh

MC

1,570 posts

10:47pm Jan 11th 18

also

It was stated that it was subject to change based off of number of signups. The total number of signups did not allow for those contingencies to be followed exactly like was possible in the three seasons last year.

_Fuzzy

213 posts

11:03pm Jan 11th 18 and edited 12:05am Jan 12th 18

also

Quote from MC on the 11th of January 2018

It was stated that it was subject to change based off of number of signups. The total number of signups did not allow for those contingencies to be followed exactly like was possible in the three seasons last year.

Were the contingencies that it didn't benefit you and your team last season but does this season?

Vesu

245 posts

11:05pm Jan 11th 18

also

Quote from MC on the 11th of January 2018

But that last version of the rules and contingencies was posted a week ago before you had any idea how many teams were signing up. It was a very clear change in the rules from the previous 2 seasons to this season BEFORE number of signups were evaluated. 2 Spots that previously would have gone to 2 M teams based on past rules(us and seadogs) now go to inject teams for no apparent reason.

JAWZ.

244 posts

11:08pm Jan 11th 18

feels bad man! im moving back to europe to go pro there instead.

rekonz

639 posts

4:41am Jan 12th 18

feels bad man! im moving back to europe to go pro there instead.

Quote from JAWZ. on the 11th of January 2018

but you're already pro?

Wolfy2g

230 posts

9:32am Jan 12th 18

Cybergamer doing what they do best, showing a lack of consistency and logic. Don't hate on MC though he is the one that does most of the work and tries to be as fair as possible.

I said when they first announced this new promo/relegation system that it was never going to work. For one too many teams in the AU scene die mid season or after the completion of the season. How CG thought they could consistently have 14 M standard teams and 14 Inter standard teams at one time is something i have never been able to get my head round.

Now after a few seasons of this system in place we are seeing the standard of competition in both leagues drop significantly and there is a huge disparity in ability between the top of said division and the bottom(masterminds and team tahit for example).

I have always been an advocate that the invite teams each season should be chosen on merit/achievements by a group of trustworthy/mature admins who go off a specific criteria. This auto bump crap doesn't work because we just don't have the stability or longevity in this scene. The issue was before the admins choosing the teams were corrupt/biased and the criteria for each division wasn't clear.

I feel for DSC.

Chrismagnum

1,180 posts

9:37am Jan 12th 18

This season many teams died resulting from a larger gap between seasons than the previous and it probably wont ever change in the future. This will be the case every single time. Previously, teams died as a result of not getting the division they wanted so as a result, many cgm teams got opportunities they didnt deserve and many literally got a free push into cgi. This time around, teams are already dead which results in the qualifiers unable to fill the spots required to fill out each division. In this case you have literally two options as an admin in my opinion. One, move up teams from the previous division who didnt qualify for that right, or two, add more injected teams who meet the requirements of the division. Currently, every time something has happened, injected teams no longer were an option because qualifiers had already set out and were done. Therefore, you had to reward teams who didnt earn their opportunities because no other option existed. This time around its different.

Regardless of whatever was set out, if a team who didnt earn an opportunity is afforded one... it should be because 1. there werent enough injected teams to fill out the dead teams in the division, 2. a team who qualified for a promotion spot died so you should replace that spot with another team from that division, or 3. in the case which ive mentioned above, if after the qualifiers teams die and more spots open up, you should start to move everyone up a rank/division until all spots are now filled.

There has never been any completely set rules because situations change every single season. There is however, some good guidelines in how things should be gone about, but if new situations occur, it shouldnt be lets jump on the abuse the people who volunteer their time (MULTIPLE HOURS OF WORK FOR FREE PER WEEK BTW), just accept that this situation is different than others, admins have made a decision and move on.

dashw0w

1,014 posts

9:58am Jan 12th 18

+more teams for no byes.