PUBG season update - prizemoney

Thread started by Asterix on Friday, 8:57pm January 12th with 6 replies. Views: 9,570

Asterix

5,325 posts

8:57pm Jan 12th 18

Hello everyone, we've received permission from PUBG Corp to offer prize money for PUBG. This change will also require all squads players to have an active CG premium subscription to compete in all matches, including qualifiers and finals.

All PUBG players will be provided with roughly 2 weeks of CG premium due to the late notice. It will expire on the 31st of January, after it expires you will need to subscribe to continue competing.

The prize money for the season will be allocated as follows:

CGi / Division One ($4,000)
1st: $2000
2nd: $1000
3rd: $500
4th: $500

Qualifiers signup here: https://www.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/615614/PUBG-Squads-FPP-Division-One-Qualifiers/

CGa ($1,750)
1st: $500
2nd: $250
3rd: $200
4th: $200
5th: $150
6th: $150
7th: $150
8th: $150

Register here: https://www.cybergamer.com/pubg/3/

The Solo FPP season will remain free and will have a $750 prize pool. It'll likely change to also require premium and possibly join LAN as well for the following season if it is successful.

I'm sorry for the late notice for this change, as per the road map post this should allow us to continue to expand PUBG and have a LAN final for the following season.

Gattaca

3 posts

8:53pm Jan 14th 18

Isn't it a bit unrealistic to expect ALL squad members to be premium users, especially with such short notice? I mean captains yea sure and perhaps mention if it goes towards the prize pool but considering a range of ages play this game and may or may not be competing forcing a subscription to compete in a competitive scene seems over the top.
Just my two cents.

Tonylxh

255 posts

9:37pm Jan 14th 18

You're getting premium free until the 31st of Jan to compensate for the short notice and the premium allows Cybergamer to run it's service across many platforms and games.

Cyanide.

5,473 posts

10:16pm Jan 14th 18

Isn't it a bit unrealistic to expect ALL squad members to be premium users, especially with such short notice? I mean captains yea sure and perhaps mention if it goes towards the prize poo

Quote from Gattaca on the 14th of January 2018

Appreciate your concerns.
Like Tony said we understand its short notice, so rather give 4 days notice that you need premium, we have given every one 2 weeks free premium so you have 2 plus weeks notice to get $15 sorted.

Premium certainly goes towards the prize pools I thought that would have been a given. $0 entry fees = $0 prize pool, $15 each = $6000, but all our prized events require premium, and we have committed the best part of $6,000 to PUBG over the next what 8 weeks?

On top of this we are looking to support the game further with the the hopes of a LAN next season with a much greater prize pool not just a higher prize pool, but the cost of the premium subscription doesn't go up.

The forcast for this year could be $50,000 plus for PUBG prizing, plus a number of offline finals in a dedicated esports studio. I dont see how the subscription is unfair for a premium package.

Gattaca

3 posts

10:39pm Jan 14th 18

I like that it's going towards the prize pool, and i do like what it is building into, I still kind of lean towards rather paying a upfront team fee to participate then subscription base to fund the prize pool. also for instance teams that have subs who may or may not play as well as teams with younger members seeing this and being a bit reluctant. Lets see how those first two weeks goes i guess i just don't really see anyone continue to subscribe once there knocked out or after the tournament. hopefully i'm wrong.
Good luck and thanks for organizing

Cyanide.

5,473 posts

8:39am Jan 15th 18 and edited 9:02am Jan 15th 18

i just don't really see anyone continue to subscribe once there knocked out or after the tournament. hopefully i'm wrong.

Quote from Gattaca on the 14th of January 2018

This line makes me think you dont quite understand how it works, which is cool as you would be new to it as others would be.

What you have said here is 100% correct , people do not keep an active subscription when they are not playing, its between seasons or they get knock out and not actively playing.

Having premium is needed to play, so often people will get premium just before its needed, and dont get it when its not, which includes when their team is knocked out.

I will check on the whole subs for you as often subs do not require premium, just the core 4 roster. Ill get you an answer on this today and post back.

Gattaca

3 posts

8:15pm Jan 15th 18

Thanks for the explanation, and yea i didn't quite understand how it would work.