[Melbourne] LevelInfinityEC i...

[Melbourne] LevelInfinityEC in partnership with InstaFrag - LAN Cafe Competition in Melbourne

[Melbourne] LevelInfinityEC in partnership with InstaFrag - LAN Cafe Competition in Melbourne

Thread started by Big_O on Friday, 1:54pm February 8th with 23 replies. Views: 2,894

Big_O

239 posts

1:54pm Feb 8th 19

LAN time! And of course we're back at Level Infinity slap bang in the middle of Melbourne. This time around we'll be hosting 2 days of competitions meaning we're up to 16 potential teams across the weekend. This will be the 1st real step for InstaFrag into the physical world as we'll be utilising the FACEIT AC at LAN combined with promotion and social media coverage through our official channels. The last event was a great time and we hope we can replicate that on a larger scale!

Level Infinity has some of the best facilities of any LAN cafe in Australia featuring 2 private scrim rooms, each with 5 PCs and 240hz monitors. The common spaces all have 144hz displays as well and high end PCs with 1080tis ( no more 60hz LAN comps) so you can be confident in the hardware they offer. Teams are more than welcome to bring their own gear however the cafe has a full Razer setup featuring Deathadders, Ornata keyboards, Kraken headsets etc. The LAN games will be casted in the private streamer rooms on the Level Infinity Twitch channel for spectators to see.

I took some good feedback on the 1st event and have decided to try and go the extra mile for the players this time around. in combination to the sign up sheet we have a gear request form in which you guys specify to us what you require from the cafe ie mouse, keyboard etc. Before the players arrive in the morning we'll have everything set up and ready to go, configs installed etc. All you guys will need to do is plug in what you brought and log in! Downtime is a big factor with LAN cafe events so we're going to be working really hard to minimise that for you.

The day itself will function very similarly to the previous event, 4 teams arriving early in the morning as group 1 with group 2 competing in the afternoon. Semis and finals held in the late afternoon/evening. The guys over at Level Infinity really loved having us there last time but we know it went on for quire some time, so ensuring the gear info you provide us with is accurate is so damn important.

It would also be extremely great for you guys to purchase food/drinks in house at Level Infinity, they have a dedicated bubble tea bar and a fridge full of drinks for sale as well as having ramen and similar hot food on order. They're really awesome to let us host this so giving back to them would help out a lot.

Anybody not involved with playing is more than welcome to spectate within the building. If you decide you want to play some games there's a number of PCs we wont be using that the cafe encourages you guys to pay for and use.

Keep an eye on my personal Twitter as well as the InstaFrag one for updates on the LAN as well as sign up announcements and further details: twitter.com/BigO_CS

Twitter:
twitter.com/LevelInfinityEC
twitter.com/instafragoce
Where: Level Infinity Gaming Lounge, 1/164 Bourke street, Melbourne, Vic, 3000
When: 30th and 31st of March, 8am doors open - 8:30am game 1 start
Cost: $35/player attending the LAN - spectators free
Prize pool:
1st Division 1 - $700
2nd Division 1 - $500
1st Division 2 - $500
2nd Division 2 - $300
*This is subject to increase dependant on cafe and sponsors

Azylu

745 posts

2:09pm Feb 8th 19

hello owen can i come

lukee.

5,247 posts

2:38pm Feb 8th 19

Thanks for putting my swole ass in the thread xx

Big_O

239 posts

2:44pm Feb 8th 19 - in reply to lukee.'s post

Thanks for putting my swole ass in the thread xx

Quote from lukee. on the 8th of February 2019

It sells the LAN to any newcomers I can tell you that

trapzyy

126 posts

3:01pm Feb 8th 19

Venue is meant to be littttt

Benjas

663 posts

3:14pm Feb 8th 19

Lft

dodge_this

30 posts

9:41pm Feb 8th 19

Lft

dapt0

49 posts

3:41pm Feb 9th 19

lft

s0nct0m

73 posts

4:45pm Feb 9th 19

lft

Wander

172 posts

6:53pm Feb 9th 19

lft

kzr

94 posts

2:10pm Feb 10th 19

LF1 more gamer to fill the squad, sharpies only. add me - https://steamcommunity.com/id/kzraus/

Big_O

239 posts

3:29pm Feb 10th 19 - in reply to kzr's post

LF1 more gamer to fill the squad, sharpies only. add me - https://steamcommunity.com/id/kzraus/

Quote from kzr on the 10th of February 2019

Obsidium goals yeet

dodge_this

30 posts

5:32pm Feb 10th 19 - in reply to Big_O's post

Quote from Big_O on the 10th of February 2019

Obsidium goals yeet

Bro when is the last day for registrations?

Big_O

239 posts

5:34pm Feb 10th 19 - in reply to dodge_this's post

Quote from dodge_th1s on the 10th of February 2019

Obsidium goals yeet

Quote from Big_O on the 10th of February 2019
Bro when is the last day for registrations?

10th of march was the original date for cut offs. Keep an eye on my twitter for updates ????