For those oldschoolers - 1.6 H...

For those oldschoolers - 1.6 History

For those oldschoolers - 1.6 History - Page: 5

Thread started by Boomser on Thursday, 10:22am May 12th with 72 replies. Views: 21,014

stajoita

20 posts

6:21pm May 17th 16

remember zehN?

Quote from dippa on the 16th of May 2016

do i ever

Quote from farQue** on the 16th of May 2016

Oh dear

farQue**

174 posts

6:37pm May 17th 16

haha where are the rest of the lads?

farQue**

174 posts

6:38pm May 17th 16

i see dippa and snack... i know insty quit a long time back and chucked his PC in the bin. who was the other 5th ?

stv

423 posts

11:24pm May 17th 16

good read i might be bias but

Team DNA (snyper,azza, ferg, flameboy, xs1v-)

Should get a mention as a team that were up there, competed hard and did quite well for a WA team who as you stated had some significant disadvantages. 1.6 was hard to play on 80-90 ping much different to Source.

farQue**

174 posts

3:47pm May 18th 16

sick !

dippa

116 posts

11:22am May 19th 16

the iM roster with yam and steel was (imo) the best we sent overseas for original cs, still have the demo on inferno vs the finnish team somewhere on my pc

id also mention mushin and 5e/banana as top tier teams through the years

Quote from jaytee on the 13th of May 2016

I actually think the first time c0ke and Krams team (v300 or iM) at the time was our best. Can't remember results but they had their own style and looked solid in most games. fzer0, any NSW team always looked outclassed. Foggy memory of the era but that is my gut.

Quote from bish on the 12th of May 2016

http://kram.ytmnd.com/
http://kramsxe.ytmnd.com/

Quote from stajoita on the 12th of May 2016
LOL those are brilliant.

@stajoita People easily forget that they nearly beat 69N-28E who had previously won the last two major international competitions and were up there on the list of favourites to win ESWC.

The style that jac brought over from Malaysia was really something that wasn't being used by anyone else, they would literally strangle every team with map control. I still remember versing them on nuke in scrims, it was sickening.. you'd die 50% of the rounds without even seeing an enemy.

Quote from bish on the 12th of May 2016

That style wasn't perfect though. I remember playing iM at AINC with the indos and Fer/Snoopy knew exactly how to reply to it. Just resulted in iM running straight into a massive brick wall for the entire CT half.

Australia's usually always benefited from foreign imports though (jac, the Sydney indos/banana players, Deathsbane for a while, Himanka, OOPS, the two germans that cozeh and genx played with for a bit briefly, SonnyQ and his fellows, xsky).

tayf

2 posts

4:25pm May 28th 16

Teams that were up there

nK
- Lineup - Kon , Boomser , battlelord , Denz , Force
Known for being able to challenge f-zer0 in their own state but when it came to nationals their best result was a 3rd placing

Quote from Boomser on the 12th of May 2016

Actually, nK's best placing at nationals was 1st at the Big Day In in Melbourne 2003.
Line-up: End|ess, AlphegA, Dark Force, Nitro, Jackal.

coronav2

8 posts

2:16pm May 2nd 20

Lol. bdn gave me the heads up on this thread for a trip down memory lane.

I still have the AINC cups sitting in my garage. Never threw them out.

coronav2

8 posts

2:27pm May 2nd 20

"XR Lineup - (dont have the infomation) "

Destroyer and Snoopy were two in the main lineups. Can't remember the other three.

zedsix

5 posts

12:24am Jun 13th 20

XR had Snoopy, Destroyer, Milan, Mez & i am not entirely sure on the last person. I know rizE got recruited into XR for a short period of time - back in the VA days at Box Hill.

I went to BDI (Big Day In), Lemming from Ui (which was the best team back in the day), complained about Milan. I specifically remember Milan going to Lemmings desk, grabbing him by the ear and twisting it in-front of the judges. Made my night.

senzyu

128 posts

3:26am Aug 6th 21

Miles was in XR briefly
didnt milan play for Ui at wcg 03? I remember him screaming at fzer0 in the auditorium X_X

I remember Bronx coming second like 5 times as well, pretty sure they only lost to fzero and XR they deserve a mention !

Clyde_IoF

28 posts

11:51pm Aug 7th 21 - in reply to senzyu's post

res'ing threads like jesus.

true messiah

Fake1na

1 posts

6:28pm Dec 31st 21 - in reply to zedsix's post

XR had Snoopy, Destroyer, Milan, Mez & i am not entirely sure on the last person. I know rizE got recruited into XR for a short period of time - back in the VA days at Box Hill.

I went to BDI (Big Day In), Lemming from Ui (which was the best team back in the day), complained about Milan. I specifically remember Milan going to Lemmings desk, grabbing him by the ear and twisting it in-front of the judges. Made my night.

Quote from zedsix on the 13th of June 2020

Just to correct you. XR lineup 2005 roundabouts: Snoopy, Destroyer, Cabal, Rize, Fakejameh (me). Rize was recruited in XR along with Me and Cabal. I joined Memento Mori (who got robbed of a nats due to Swearing rules), but the team disbanded and we were left Floating. Then a new XR was formed (what i mentioned) Before that XR lineup had- Shorty, also Woo, who were slightly older experienced players, but who lacked raw aim.. which lineup worked a bit, but during IL2 Team eS^ enemy of the state, was able to defeat XR in the finals to take 1st.

so basically XR returned to its foundations, got rid of Shorty and Woo, just keeping Destroyer and Snoopy. From that time, XR only dropped 1 map on Lan in maybe a year and a half. Until i think it was Istarcup or WCG or something, in NSW. Himanka was brought in by Cabal, because of his experience in Earlier Nordic lans, playing with a few Well known International players and being near the echelon of that time (which was a while before). he was brought in as 6th in a rotating roster, we all sat out a particular map. He was a good player, in terms of smarts, he performed well in a few critical moments (esp WCG syd i believe?) where he helped bring us back from a big deficit on Inferno vs f-zer0.

XR had won everything in Victoria for quite a while, all comps and qualifiers, the map we lost was just a Prac map on lan. At the last Nats XR played in (again im sure it was revived by snoopy, but afaik the last main successes of that sort) Me and Cabal had decided to retire, for personal reasons. We took F-zer0 into OT but lost 19-17 or something.

so yea, it wasnt "a short time" that was the lineup for that period. at first it started with shaky footings, but had some good results. Rize went on from there to SQL, iM, etc because he moved to Sydney. whereas me and cabal quit competitive play, snoopy hung around locally bringing teams into the fray, but never really had the success, esp as csgo got on. but this from the internet https://lol.fandom.com/wiki/Snoopy_(Trong_Truong) "Snoopy was previously a professional DotA2 player, most notably playing for team Absolute Legends where he was invited to The International 2012. [2] He also was previously a professional HoN player, most notably playing for Frenetic Array in Dreamhack Winter 2011 coming 2nd in the tournament."

just as i write this, Cabal passed away yesterday. which is what prompted me to dig around, its very sad time for the oldschool family. but yes, OP, seems didnt realize the XR lineup, even though XR defeated both YGS and Sublime at ACON5 for 2nd. which was beating both Boomser and Tegs on the same day. so i find it hard that he didnt remember, but just wanted to clear up the facts for the reader

in earlier times XR lineup differed, yes zevier and lemming were in at one stage, but i recall other players who stood in who were of asian descent. i just cant remember exact lineups, snoopy would be best to ask that as he and destro were the constant members. there was also Papa BeNneTz. who was a part of XR family and spent lots of time at CA l33t back in the day. Destro also had an older brother who wasnt bad, but probably didnt play in XR for a long time.