By competing on this ladder, you agree to follow all rules set out below and any additional instructions provided by the LetsPlay.Live(LPL) Dota 2 team. If you have any questions, problems, queries or concerns then please contact an Admin by putting in a Support Ticket using the Support Ticket System
Dota 2 Ruleset
All rulesets must be read in conjunction with the Master Ruleset. This can be found here
LPL administration has the right to decide outside or even against the ruleset in special cases to guarantee fairplay.
1 - Ladder Rules
1.1 Eligible Players
1.2 Relgation and Inject System
1.3 Retaining Division Spots
2 - Hosting and Settings
2.3 Game Settings
3 - Match Rules
3.1 Draft Penalties
3.2 Pick & Bans
3.3 Pauses and Disconnects
3.4 Cheating and Bugs
1. Ladder Rules
1.1. Eligible players
Only players from eligible Southeast Asian* and Oceanian* countries are allowed to play in the LPL Dota 2 ladder. A list of eligible countries is found at the bottom of the page.
Dota 2 Division has a minimum rank requirement to participate:
1.5.2 - Relegation and Inject System
- Open Division - Players must be Herald, Guardian, or Crusader.
- Amateur Division - Players must be Archon, Legend, or Ancient.
- Evolution Division - Players must be Legend, Ancient or Divine.
- Pro Division - Players must be Divine or Immortals.
1.6 - Retaining Division Spots
- During Relegations (prior to a Season start), teams may be eligible to sign up as an Inject team to participate in Relegations. Inject teams will only be pushed into Relegations if teams in the respective Division have died (See Section 1.5.1).
- To qualify as an Inject, teams will need at least 3 players who have previously played in the respective Division within the last 2 LPL seasons or have played in other official major tournament leagues (at the sole discretion of LPL Admins). Please note that LPL Admins may ask for player credentials. If no teams meet the requirement, an Open Qualifiers will be held or a team from the Division below will be brought up (at the sole discretion of LPL Admins).
2. Hosting & Settings
- If you would like to retain your division spot for the next season, you will need to have 3 out of your core 5 players from the previous season. Failure to do so will automatically forfeit your spot within the division. This applies to all divisions.
Core 3 Restrictions
LPL requires team captains to set a 'Core 5' of their team before the end of registration via the function implemented on LPL team pages (failing to do will result in termination from the league). A minimum of three of the five core users is required to play the season which includes each and every game. Changes (excluding removal) to the core during the season will not be permitted.
Players who are brought in after the removal of a core member do not take that user's core status, instead, they will be counted as a substitute and will need to be made core in the next season of play.
In order to retain a spot within a specific division, you will need three of the give core users you have selected the season prior, failure to do so with result in removal from the competition.
- All games must be played on the Australian Server, SEA teams outside of Australia if matched together can play on SEA.
- In the event of the server not being available/offline an admin must be contacted and rescheduling arranged.
- Matches that are within Open, Amature & Evolution divisions will be hosted by the players.
2.3 Game Settings
- The only spectators permitted to be in a match are LPL Admins, Referees, and approved Broadcasters.
- Coaches are not allowed to spectate and be present within the game lobby in all Divisions except Pro. Coaches are allowed to spectate and be present in the game lobby in Pro Division but they aren't allowed to talk during the game. This will be monitored in the team's Discord voice channel by an LPL Admin.
- If you believe a spectator does not fulfill any of the above roles, do not start the match and contact an admin as soon as possible.
- Official LPL Broadcasters have the right to spectate all games without the agreement of the teams.
- Players are not allowed to watch or listen to any video streams at any time during their match.
3. Match Rules
3.1 Draft Penalties
- Server Location: Australia.
- Password: As generated on your match page.
- Cheats: No
- Game Mode: Captains Mode
- Lobby Visibility: Public
- Selection priority: Automatic (Coin Toss)
- Penalty - Radiant: No Penalty
- Penalty - Dire: No Penalty
- League: None
- Spectators: Enabled
- Dota TV Delay: 2 Minutes (5 Minutes for Challenger and Pro)
- Pausing: Unlimited
- Series Type: No Series
3.2 Picks & Bans
- LPL Pro matches require players to be in the match ready to start at the exact start time. Any time later than this to have the 5 eligible players will result in draft penalties
- 1-2 minutes late will result in a 30-second penalty
- 3-4 minutes late will result in a 70-second penalty
- 5-6 minutes late will result in a 110-second penalty
3.3 Pauses & Disconnects
- The hero pool always consists of all in Captains Mode available heroes.
- In the event a player disconnects during the drafting stage, The lobby is to be recreated with the same picks and bans.
3.4 Cheating / Bugs
- Each team has the right to pause the game for a duration of up to 10 minutes per game. If a player announces it at least three seconds in advance and calls a coherent reason (not necessary if someone disconnects). The game must not be resumed before both teams agree with it. When the number or the duration of breaks becomes too high or long, an admin may force the continuation of the game.
- If a player disconnects, the game is to be paused instantly. Everyone has up to ten minutes to reconnect to the game (if the same person disconnects more than once, all times get added up). If this time is passed, the opposing team may continue the game, unless an admin demands the opposite. The affected player in this case is still allowed to rejoin later on.
- Please refer to our anti-cheat policy here: https://www.letsplay.live/anticheatpolicy/
- Abuse of unintended features [bugs] to gain an unfair advantage will be deemed illegal, and sanctions will be carried out at the full discretion of LPL admins.
- A game is finished, when an Ancient Fortress is destroyed, when one team forfeits, when the majority of a team leaves on purpose, or when an admin decides on it.
- The default tiebreakers will be via Head to Head. If the tie is not broken using Head to Head, a Best of One single round-robin will be played with the tied teams. If this still does not break the tie, admins may declare to use time rating for the tiebreaker rounds played.
- (Time of longest lose) minus (Time of fastest win)
- The team/s with the highest result/s go to the next round.
- So, your task is to win as quick as you can and to fight as long as you can before you lose.
"Oceania" includes the following countries: Australia, New Zealand, Fiji Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Soloman Islands, Vanuatu, French Polynesia, Tonga, Palau, New Caledonia, Kirbati, Guam, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Nauru, Tuvalu, Marshall Islands, Niue, American Samoa, Pitcairn Islands, Norfolk Island, Tokelau, Wallis and Futana, and the Northern Mariana Islands.
"Southeast Asia" includes the following countries: Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Brunei, and Timor-Leste.
If players have any further questions, they are advised to open a support ticket here: https://www.letsplay.live/support/