LPL are extremely excited to announce a new title and tournament arriving on the platform: the LPL Mid-Winter Cup featuring Fortnite!
Thanks to Epic Games, LPL will have custom matchmaking servers for this tournament. All Australian and New Zealand residents are eligible to enter qualifiers for the chance to win a share of the $5000 AUD tournament prize pool.
- All players must have an LPL account. Click here
- All players must be based in the ANZ region.
- All players must have a verified email on their account. Check the email you signed up to LPL with, or click here to verify yours: https://letsplay.live/settings/general/
The Mid-Winter Cup will take place on both a Solo tournament ladder AND a Duo tournament ladder with custom matchmaking! The tournament will take place over 5 weeks. Solo and Duo qualifiers are played across 4 weeks, and Grand Finals will be played on the last week of the tournament.
- 4 weeks of qualifiers to find the top 100 players for the Grand Finals. Entrants will play 3 games a week.
- Qualifier mechanic is a point based system with the top solo and duo players of each week moving through to Grand Finals. Player sign-ups will dictate how many players progress each week.
- Players will ready up on the website, up to 1 hour before the start time on match days. We will then create the lobbies on the website, and give out a custom lobby code for you to join that will be shown on the website.
- The Grand Final will be a 5 games with point accrual system where the top player(s) are awarded 1st-10th place positions.
- We will broadcast the Grand Finals across our LPL twitch platforms.
- The $5,000 AUD prize money will be split across the top 10 Solo players and the top 10 Duo partners! Solo=$2,500 AUD allocation and Duo=$2,500 AUD allocation.
Duo Play Dates:
Week 1: Saturday 17 August - 11:00AM AEST / 01:00PM NZT
Week 2: Saturday 24 August - 11:00AM AEST / 01:00PM NZT
Week 3: Saturday 31 August - 11:00AM AEST / 01:00PM NZT
Week 4: Saturday 7 September - 11:00AM AEST / 01:00PM NZT
Grand Finals: Saturday 14 September - Time TBC
Solo Play Dates:
Week 1: Sunday 18 August - 11:00AM AEST / 01:00PM NZT
Week 2: Sunday 25 August - 11:00AM AEST / 01:00PM NZT
Week 3: Sunday 1 September - 11:00AM AEST / 01:00PM NZT
Week 4: Sunday 8 September - 11:00AM AEST / 01:00PM NZT
Grand Finals: Sunday 15 September - Time TBC
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up to play?
Check out the bottom of this post for instructions on how to sign up!
Can I join and play in both the Solo ladder and Duo ladder?
Yes, all players have the option to participate in both ladders.
What days and times will games be played?
Games will be played on Saturdays and Sundays, Duo's on Saturday & Solo's on a Sunday at 11:00AM AEST & players will play 3 games. More details in the above post.
Where can I find the rules for the LPL Mid-Winter Cup?
What platform can I play this on?
We recommend PC but all players have the option to play on whichever device they like (mobile, console, pc, etc).
What are the Solo & Duo prize splits?
Prize splits for Solo & Duo are as seen here!
1st : $1000
What Game Modes?
For Solos, we will be doing Arena Solos.
For Duos, we will be doing normal Duos.
What scoring system will you be using?
We will follow the "Fortnite Season X" scoring system for the duration of our Mid-Winter Cup.
Victory Royale = +15
2nd = +12
3rd - 4th = +9
5th - 8th = +6
9th - 12th = +3
Eliminations = +1
How many people per week qualifies for the Grand Finals?
Solos - Top 25 players from each week qualify to Grand Finals (total of 100 players). The next seeded player will qualify should there be any repeated qualified players each week.
Duos - Top 12 duos from each week qualify to grand finals (total of 48 duos/96 players). The next seeded Duos will qualify should there be any repeated qualified Duos each week.
How will I know if I have qualified?
The LPL Admin team will make an announcement every following Monday!
Help! There are no more Duos settings in the game anymore!
You can queue up as Duos by selecting Squads and clicking "no fill" and invite your duo partner. LPL admins reserve the right to disqualify players and Duos that have been found to participate with more than 2 players.
Do I need a LetsPlayLive subscription or need to pay to play?
No, you do NOT
need an LPL Subscription to play. The Mid-Winter Cup is free to play for everyone!
Do I need to set my times in my team settings?
No, you do not need to set your times, as they are used for other titles on the platform but is not relevant for Battle Royale games like Fortnite
On behalf of the entire LPL Admin Team, we would like to wish every team competing the best of luck for the next coming weeks. For any questions, do not hesitate to ask by either posting in here, contacting an admin via Support Ticket
Alternatively, you can join the community Discord channel!
LPL Admin Team